| ||For the character in Fallout 2, see Dragon.|
The Dragon is an antique-style muzzle-loaded rifle, firing a large bullet down an unrifled barrel. The Dragon is a unique, exceptional weapon, as it fires four projectiles at once. The sheer amount of power coming out of the Dragon with one pull of the trigger is enough to make it one of, if not, the most powerful ballistic weapon in the game.
The Dragon is a rare black powder rifle which has four barrels, each loaded with a .50 caliber ball. It releases four projectiles per shot while consuming only 1 round of .50 caliber ball ammunition. The Dragon has an extremely long reload time, which each individual barrel being reloaded after every shot. On a per-shot basis, The Dragon is the strongest ballistic weapon in the game. However, its main drawback is its slow reload time.
- Sold by Grahm.
- Random drop at the Eastern Regional Penitentiary and the Ash Heap.
- Occasionally sold by vendor bots in Harpers Ferry and Watoga station.
- Can be sold by the Free States Vendor at the Whitespring Resort.
- Can sometimes be found inside the Thunder Mountain power plant.
- May drop off the final boss in the Wendigo cave.
- Can be found inside the Uncanny Caverns.
- May drop off of David Thorpe during the Key to the Past questline.
- Can be found rarely in Garrahan Mining Headquarters in the CEO's office.
- Can be found as a reward from a treasure map cache.
- Can be rarely looted off of fog crawlers.
- May drop from honeybeasts.
- Can be dropped as a rare reward from the scorchbeast queen.
The Dragon is no longer available in the normal legendary loot pool. Legendary versions could only be found in vault raid dungeons prior to their closing in Wastelanders. New legendary versions are currently unobtainable.