The Dragon is an antique modified black powder rifle. The Dragon is a unique, exceptional weapon, as it fires four projectiles at once. The gun has the highest damage per round of the ballistic rifles in the game.
The Dragon is a rare muzzle-loading rifle which has four barrels, each loaded with a .50 caliber ball. It releases four projectiles per shot while consuming only 1 round of .50 caliber ball ammunition. The Dragon has an extremely long reload time, taking approximately 10 seconds which each individual barrel being reloaded after every shot, its main drawback. On a per-shot basis, The Dragon is the strongest ballistic weapon in the game.
- Can be sold by Grahm.
- Random drop at the Eastern Regional Penitentiary and the Ash Heap.
- Occasionally sold by vendor bots in Harpers Ferry and Watoga Station.
- Can be sold by the Free States Vendor at the Whitespring Resort.
- Can sometimes be found inside the Thunder Mountain power plant.
- May drop off the final boss in the Wendigo cave.
- Can be found inside the Uncanny Caverns.
- May drop off of David Thorpe during the Key to the Past questline.
- Can be found rarely in Garrahan Mining Headquarters in the CEO's office.
- Can be found as a reward from a treasure map cache.
- Can be rarely looted off of fog crawlers.
- May drop from honeybeasts.
- Can be dropped as a rare reward from the scorchbeast queen.
- May drop from public events at Morgantown Airport.
- Can be found on the corpse of the Civil War reenactor.
- The Dragon is no longer available in the normal legendary loot pool. The 1, 2 and 3-star legendary versions dropped normally like any other weapon initially, but later could only be found in Vault 94 vault raids prior to their closing in Wastelanders. Currently, only 1-star versions can be rarely obtained via the randomized "Nuclear Surprise!!!" option in the SMART choice machine. In addition, 2 and 3-star versions are now legacy weapons.
- The Dragon used to have the option of attaching the black powder rifle's bayonet mod, but a bayoneted Dragon is now a legacy weapon.