Background[edit | edit source]
The Dragon is an antique modified black powder rifle. The Dragon is a unique, exceptional weapon, as it fires four projectiles at once. The gun has the highest damage per round of the ballistic rifles in the game.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The Dragon is a rare muzzle-loading rifle which has four barrels, each loaded with a .50 caliber ball. It releases four projectiles per shot while consuming only 1 round of .50 caliber ball ammunition. The Dragon has an extremely long reload time, which each individual barrel being reloaded after every shot. On a per-shot basis, The Dragon is the strongest ballistic weapon in the game. However, its main drawback is that it takes has a long reload time (roughly ten seconds) after firing.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Can be sold by Grahm.
- Random drop at the Eastern Regional Penitentiary and the Ash Heap.
- Occasionally sold by vendor bots in Harpers Ferry and Watoga Station.
- Can be sold by the Free States Vendor at the Whitespring Resort.
- Can sometimes be found inside the Thunder Mountain power plant.
- May drop off the final boss in the Wendigo cave.
- Can be found inside the Uncanny Caverns.
- May drop off of David Thorpe during the Key to the Past questline.
- Can be found rarely in Garrahan Mining Headquarters in the CEO's office.
- Can be found as a reward from a treasure map cache.
- Can be rarely looted off of fog crawlers.
- May drop from honeybeasts.
- Can be dropped as a rare reward from the scorchbeast queen.
- May drop from public events at Morgantown Airport.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Dragon is no longer available in the normal legendary loot pool. 1, 2 and 3-star legendary versions dropped normally like any other weapon initially, but later could only be found in Vault 94 vault raids prior to their closing in Wastelanders. Currently, only 1-star versions can be rarely obtained via the randomized "Nuclear Surprise!!!" option in the S.M.A.R.T. choice machine. 2 and 3-star versions are now legacy weapons.
- The Dragon used to have the option of attaching the black powder rifle's bayonet mod, but a bayoneted Dragon is now a legacy weapon.