The Devil's Throat is a giant radioactive crater in the northeastern desert. There are pools of contaminated water at the bottom of the crater, and a wrecked truck in the center with scattered toxic waste barrels nearby. A dead super mutant lies at the rear of the truck.
- Combat armor, reinforced and a unique party hat - found on a dead prospector in the truck trailer.
- The unique minigun, CZ57 Avenger - also in the trailer, lying next to the dead prospector.
- The rad level in the water around the barrels normally sits around 11 per drink.
- The rad level by the barrels of radioactive waste varies from 2-8 rads per second.
- Northwest of the Devil's Throat is a super mutant camp with 2-4 super mutant masters. Sometimes two NCR Rangers will spawn in the camp and fight the super mutants.
|The following is based on the Wild Wasteland trait and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- A Wild Wasteland encounter will occur at this camp in which an undetonated atomic bomb called The One will be present to the north-northwest of the Devil's Throat, only a few paces away.
|End of information based on the Wild Wasteland trait.|
- The truck in the crater is unique, in that it does not have a motor and doors like the other truck wreckages found in the wastes.
The Devil's Throat appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
Devil's Throat is a real-life location in the Gold Butte National Monument area at the northeast end of Lake Mead, about 2.5 hours northeast of Las Vegas.
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Upon returning to this location, the dead super mutant may appear alive and hostile, but with very few hit points. He will respawn after several in-game days, either alive or dead. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 When visiting this place for the first time, neither the super mutant nor the dead prospector will be there. However, the CZ57 Avenger will still be in the correct spot. Saving and reloading or returning later may fix this. [verified]