Layout[edit | edit source]
The Devil's Throat is a giant radioactive crater in the northeastern Mojave Desert. There are pools of contaminated water at the bottom of the crater, and a wrecked truck in the center with scattered toxic waste barrels nearby. A dead super mutant lies at the rear of the truck. The area is inhabited by centaurs, including a giant evolved centaur. They respawn after three in-game days when killed.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Reinforced combat armor and a unique party hat - Found on a dead prospector in the truck trailer.
- The unique minigun, CZ57 Avenger - Also in the trailer, lying next to the dead prospector.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The radiation level in the water around the barrels is approximately 11 per drink, and surrounding the barrels varies between 2-8 rads per second.
- The truck in the crater is unique, in that it does not have a motor and doors like the other wrecked trucks found in the wastes.
- Northwest of the Devil's Throat is a super mutant camp with up to four super mutant masters. Sometimes two NCR Rangers will spawn in the camp and fight the super mutants.
- Wild Wasteland encounter will occur at this camp in which an undetonated atomic bomb called The One will be present to the north-northwest of the location. A
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The Devil's Throat appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Upon returning to this location, the dead super mutant may appear alive and hostile, but with very few hit points. He will respawn after several in-game days, either alive or dead. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 When visiting this place for the first time, neither the super mutant nor the dead prospector will be there. However, the CZ57 Avenger will still be in the correct spot. Saving and reloading or returning later may fix this. [verified]