Layout[edit | edit source]
The Cuckoo's Nest is a circular cave with a large outcropping in the center. The cave appears to be a lobotomite den and is littered with corpses, junk, piles of flesh, makeshift shelters, beds, and what appears to be a shrine to the Toaster. There are several hostile lobotomites within the cave, including the unique lobotomite, Test Subject 1.
Below the slope that leads to the cave opening are five graves which can be opened with a shovel. Just below them to the right at the bottom of the slope, there is a shiny locker with an Old World flag on its right side in blue, painted by Ulysses.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- The Sink Project: Toaster holotape - To the right upon entrance on the bottom of a shelf on a makeshift toaster shrine.
- A protonic inversal axe - On the body of Test Subject 1.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- A number of dolls, resembling those coveted by the swampfolk of Point Lookout, are hanging from the I.V. stand beside the surgical table near the back of the cave.
- Three lobotomites will respawn in the cave whenever fast travel is used, even if it has been cleared earlier.
- The only lobotomite jumpsuit not worn by a lobotomite can be found here, near a chalkboard in the northwest area of the cave.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
This area is a reference to the 1962 novel One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, where the main character had electroshock "therapy" conducted on him to render him docile and was lobotomized near the end of the story.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Playstation 3 The location is prone to slow-down. The area around it may lag significantly, making the cave nearly impossible to get to, and made even more unpleasant by the horde of lobotomites wandering around outside. [verified]