It is awarded for successfully getting thrown out of all of the casinos on the Strip.
- The following amounts will need to be obtained from each casino to be banned:
- The Courier will be approached by casino staff every quarter of the total winnings with rewards for being a high-roller.
- If one saves before playing any casino game and proceeds to net a loss at a game and then tries to load the game and try again, the dealer will take a 60 second break to change the deck as a deterrent to cheating. This 60 second break applies to roulette and slots as well.
- Though the description mentions being thrown out of the casino, the Courier will only be banned from gambling. Entry and all other casino services will still be available.
- The Atomic Wrangler, The Vikki & Vance and The Sierra Madre will also ban the Courier once they have won too much, but none of these three affect this achievement/trophy.
- If the message "You feel lucky" appears when a win occurs, it means that win was influenced directly by the Luck stat of the Courier.
- If the message "You feel unlucky" appears when a loss occurs, it means that loss was influenced directly by the Luck stat of the Courier.
- If the Courier kills any of the cashiers from any of the casinos, it may make this achievement/trophy impossible to finish because chips won't be available for purchase from that casino.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The achievement name is a reference to the song, The Man Who Broke the Bank at Monte Carlo.
- The term "breaking the bank" means to win more money than the casino has on hand, or to win more money than the chips currently at the table.
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 The achievement/trophy may not be awarded if one has failed to receive any of the quarterly prizes given by the casino staff. This may happen when skipping over a rewards point entirely (e.g., through huge slots payouts) or if the staff member gets caught on geometry and the Courier wins enough for the next gift level before they reach them.[verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 In other cases, the achievement/trophy may not be awarded even if all quarterly prizes are received. The reason for this is unknown, and the only known workaround is to reload an earlier save of the player character before gambling at any casino.[verified]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.