Image needed (Automatic, Charging, Charging Shotgun, Reflex Sight, No Sights)
This article is missing an image. You can help Nukapedia by uploading it.
The Tesla rifle fires arcing electricity that can jump from the initial target to nearby enemies for full damage. The weapon has an aiming radius more like a shotgun, wider than other rifles.
Nuclear material (7)
Learned from plan/recipe
Plan: Tesla rifle
Tesla rifle Lv 50 (1)
- plan from Brotherhood of Steel Vendor bot Phoenix in Watoga Shopping Plaza. Purchase the
- deathclaws. Rarely dropped by
- Rarely dropped by boss chests.
- Night Light - A unique Tesla rifle given as a Survival mode reward available during May 21–27 and August 13–20, 2019.
- The Tesla rifle may occasionally drop without a sight attachment.[verified]
- shotgun.[verified] The charging shotgun Tesla rifle is not considered a
- When fired at surfaces, arc damage always deals -50% damage regardless of barrel or charge. When fired at NPCs, the arc damage correctly deals 100% damage.[verified]
- Automatic, charging and charging shotgun barrels are adding or subtracting weapon damage itself instead of modifying damage multiplicatively or adding or subtracting to the additive damage bonus multiplier.[verified]
- Due to the above, glitched Tesla rifles that spawn in at levels 1-39, which have 0 base damage, can deal billions of damage per hit due to an integer underflow.[verified]
When using a charging or charging shotgun barrel, an uncharged direct impact is reduced by more than -50%.[verified]
- The arc damage is unaffected by the uncharged modifier, and will deal more damage than an uncharged direct impact.[verified]
- Any Tesla rifle may leave lingering developer marker text (CHAIN) at points of impact instead of the anticipated visual effects.[verified]
- Grenadier perk.[verified] The chain effect is coded as an explosion and is affected by the
- Steel Dawn, the Tesla rifle no longer has bugged charge data. As a result, the non-charging variants will deal less damage and the charging variants will actually add damage when charged.[patched] As of
- [verification overdue] When reloading in third person and at the same time moving sideways, the reload animation will bug out and the character will appear facing downwards for a second.
- Note: -50% damage if fired at a surface and arcing to a target.