Layout[edit | edit source]
The sewers consists of various long, interconnecting tunnels which lead into a larger train tunnel. There are several maintenance rooms which hold junk items in them, and some tunnels end in rubble. The main tunnel is guarded by a turret which can be deactivated by a terminal near the entrance. There is a gas leak in the main tunnel that can be set off by certain weapons. Throughout the tunnels, raiders may be fighting off mole rats.
The tunnels lead into a generator room, which allows access into a large train tunnel. This particular tunnel is covered in land mines and several raiders, including their current leader Rocksalt, who will be standing guard near the end of the minefield (C). There is a small room leading into a living quarter where the raiders sleep. Continuing through the tunnels leads back into sewers where more mole rats live.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Dean's Electronics when first entering the subway area from the south, 3 raiders (1 behind sandbags, other 2 in corridor) will have to be dealt with first. Enter the corridor afterwards, turn left, and enter the small room on the left. The book will be on the right corner behind toolbox. (A).
- In the sleeping room of the raiders, is a pre-War book on top of a bookcase. (B).
- Behind a locked door flanked by a terminal, to the left on the middle shelf in a wooden crate beneath some burned books, is another pre-War book. (D).
- Bottlecap mine located on a workbench (E)
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The tepid sewers appear only in Fallout 3.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Xbox 360 There is a rare bug that when the Lone Wanderer unlocks the door using Rocksalt's key and opens the door, there will still be a barrier like the door was never opened in the first place. The only way to fix is to reload a previous save. [verified]
- Sometimes using the Gamebryo console and clicking the door so its PRID is referenced, then giving the two commands 'disable' then 'enable' will repair a bug of this sort without resorting to a saved game.
- Playstation 3 Xbox 360 If the player completes the quest then steals the repellent stick (hidden upstairs in Craterside Supply) it will be irremovable as it still counts as a quest item but will not weigh anything. You can use it as a weapon but it cannot be dropped and will not appear in their inventory when checking at a container or a shop. [verified]
- Xbox 360 After entering the tepid sewers an Enclave deathclaw will immediately spawn in front of you, then die in a matter of seconds. This is possibly somehow connected with the deathclaw control scrambler which basically turns Enclave deathclaws into short-term followers. [verified]
- Xbox 360 Once you go into the sewer it's possible you won't be able to get back out due to a door lock glitch. [verified]
Gallery[edit | edit source]