|For the weapon, see The Tenderizer (Fallout 76).|
Striking a target will cause them to receive more damage from all sources for a limited time.
Tenderizer is unique in that it works by allowing multiple players (equipped with the card) to contribute to the overall debuff by striking the target. The values of each count of the perk are added together up to a maximum of 40%, although they will retain their individual timers. Players cannot refresh their stack until it wears off. The effect multiplicatively increases a target's incoming damage.
- If eight players with Tenderizer 1 (5% for 5 seconds) attack the same target, they will reach the maximum 40% debuff.
- If four players with Tenderizer 3 (10% for 10 seconds) attack the same target, the will reach the maximum 40% debuff.
|In this timeline of events, we assume that Player A has Tenderizer 3, Player B has Tenderizer 1:|
|For the next five seconds, the robot will receive a total of 15% more damage from all sources, after which, it will receive 10% damage for three seconds.|
|1||Make your target receive 5% more damage for 5 seconds after you attack.||003E21F4|
|2||Make your target receive 7% more damage for 7 seconds after you attack.||003E21F9|
|3||Make your target receive 10% more damage for 10 seconds after you attack.||003E21FA|
|Make your target receive 20% more damage for 10 seconds after you attack.||00479B5F|
- Stacks and synergizes with Taking One for the Team, which also increases incoming damage against a target.
- The debuff does not retroactively increase the damage dealt by the shot that applied it.
- As of patch 23, the damage values were increased from 5/6/7% to 5/7/10%. (Adventure Mode only)
- The perk card description incorrectly omits the debuff effect stacking up to a maximum of 40% when used by multiple players.[verified]
- beam splitter, will apply a stack of Tenderizer. This behavior is due to the pellets all reaching the target simultaneously, which is why none of the pellets which apply the debuff will benefit from it.
Each pellet from a multi-hit weapon, such as a shotgun or a
- A single player can apply the full 40% damage debuff by hitting the target with (at least) eight pellets of their shotgun.
Behind the scenes
- This effect is a hidden bonus not implied by the description. The 40% maximum is the same for all ranks of the perk.
- This logic does not apply to explosions, which are created after the pellet hits the target and applies the debuff.
If a target is hit with a 40mm grenade fired in VATS, the impact of the projectile (1 damage) will apply the stack of Tenderizer. The explosion will deal increased damage and applies a stack of Tenderizer to targets within the blast radius, with the exception of the target struck by the projectile.
- 5 x 8 = 40
- "This spell is a hack for all perks that need to use the \"Apply Combat Hit Spell\" to place a spell on the target you are attacking. Unhelpfully, only one instance of that perk entry point is allowed to work at the same time, making perks override each other. Therefore they must all cast this single spell, which has conditions to determine which affects to apply. Yeah..."
Developer note for PerkTargetDebuffSpell (0043CEFE)