Ted was born in 2258. He is a 19-year-old who has spent most of his life wandering the wasteland. He is new to Rivet City and is staying in the common room until he figures out where he is going next. Ted rarely plans beyond the moment. It is easy to pique his interest, but difficult to hold it.
He can be found in the Capitol Preservation Society in the afternoon. Furthermore, he frequents The Muddy Rudder bar and the common room between 4 and 6 AM, along with wandering around the flight deck from noon to 2 PM.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
Effects of player's actions
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Brahmin-skin outfit||10mm pistol||Ted Strayer's key
Ted Strayer's special key
- Sometimes the Lone Wanderer may hear a conversation between Strayer and Father Clifford. Clifford tries to convince Strayer to believe in God, but he responds that there is "no way in hell."
- The Lone Wanderer may also see Ted attempting to converse with James Hargrave, but be called an asshole in return, and mentions that his mother told him that Ted is a good for nothing.
- Ted Strayer, like other non-essential non-player characters, can occasionally die for no apparent reason. This may be due to him falling off of the flight deck and standing partially submerged in the water for a long period of time, subsequently drowning or dying from a fatal dose of radiation.
- Ted was born the same year as the Lone Wanderer.
Ted Strayer appears only in Fallout 3.
- Ted has, at times, been spotted wandering the wastes, particularly following the road between Alexandria Arms and the Arlington Library heading eastward. [verified]
- Ted's clothing may occasionally disappear. [verified]