| ||For other characters in the Fallout universe named Ted, see Ted.|
While accompanying his father to the Ultra-Luxe, Ted Gunderson was mistakenly kidnapped by the faction of the White Glove Society loyal to Mortimer, who intended to serve him at a special dinner designed to convert the society to cannibalism.
When Ted's identity is discovered, however, Mortimer voices his new unwillingness to serve Ted, and requests the Courier to find a new "main course" to continue on with their plan. Mortimer also gives the Courier the option of killing Ted, and framing his father for the murder.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character is a temporary companion.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Beyond the Beef: The White Glove Society intends to serve Ted as the main course at a special dinner.
- Pheeble Will: Walter Phebus wants Heck Gunderson to suffer. Killing Ted should work.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Dirty pre-War parkstroller outfit
Rattan cowboy hat
|Ted Gunderson's blood|
- Strangely, if you use the Cannibal perk to devour him, the White Glove Society won't notice, since Mortimer's intention was to do the same.
- If you rescue him, but kill his father on your return to the casino's entrance, Ted will follow you until he dies. He won't be controllable like a regular companion.
- If you try to enter through the Strip North Gate with Ted following, the guards will kill him because he doesn't have a passport.
- While rescuing him, Ted is unable to sneak, until when you are attempting to interrupt Mortimer in his speech during the conclusion of the quest, Beyond the Beef.
- When talking to Ted in the freezer, selecting the talk option "Your dad's powerful. Someone wants him to feud with the White Glove Society." will have him call them the "White Pants Society", instead of White Glove Society.
- "My daddy's gonna kill all you bastards once he's found out what you've done to me."
- "You know, if you knew what you were doing I coulda been out of there hours ago."
- "Who gives a rat's patoot if they're sorry? Sorry's what they'll be when they're strung up and lynched by my daddy's posse. These White Knuckles got hell to pay, I'll see to that when I get outta here."
Ted Gunderson appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.