| ||For an overview of tatos, see Tato.|
Tatos are a mutated hybrid of the tomato and potato plants. The 'fruit' of the plant has the skin and stem of a tomato, and a brown flesh reminiscent of a potato. Commonly cultivated in the Commonwealth, Appalachia and the Island, its fruit is notable for being nutritious and easy to grow, though its taste leaves something to be desired.
The player character can plant and harvest tatos as a food and component source.
- One can be collected every hour from a C.A.M.P. or workshop for every placed tato plant.
- Sixteen in the garden behind the General's Steakhouse.
- Ten in the southern field of Aaronholt homestead.
- Eight can be harvested in the northwest fields of Smith farm.
- Seven can be found at Cobbleton farm.
- Six at Graninger farm.
- Five can be found at the station end of Morgantown Airport.
- Three in a garden at Horizon's Rest, beneath the main pylon.
- Two on a plate in a cliffside house northwest of R&G station.
- ↑ Settler: "I'm getting sick of tatos. I know they're easy to grow, but how about a little variety."
(Generic settlers' dialogue)[verification needed]
- ↑ The Prydwen terminal entries; botany terminal, Commonwealth Plant Database
Note: This text was written from the perspective of someone who is unaware that both the tomato and the potato are being cultivated elsewhere. The writer also does not mention any sort of DNA test. However, the potato is also found in the Capital Wasteland, and the writer is a scribe in the Brotherhood of Steel, which originated from that area.