|This is an overview article, listing content appearing across multiple games.|
A tank is a large armored vehicle found throughout the wasteland.
The Chimera is a co-opted mining rig that has been weaponized and armored by the Chinese to serve on the Alaskan front. Described as bigger and tougher than any tank in the American arsenal, the Chimera was fitted with multiple long range weapons and armor.
The tank is a pre-War combat vehicle that has been heavily modified over the years. Unlike other Fallout Tactics vehicles it possesses a weapon, a tank gun, which deals 50 to 120 damage with a range of 50. There is a Brotherhood of Steel insignia on its side.
- Raul Tejada may refer to members of the Brotherhood of Steel as "dressed as tanks."
- A tank is part of the Fallout Wasteland Warfare terrain expansion.[Non-canon 1]
Behind the scenes
- Chris Avellone described the New California Republic as having utilized a few scav tanks.[Non-canon 2]
- According to Fallout Bible, China also utilized tanks.[Non-canon 3][Non-canon 4]
- Lone Wanderer: "What exactly IS a Chimera?"
Lieutenant Thomas Morgan: "Put simply, its co-opted mining rig that's been changed into a armored vehicle - bigger and tougher than any tank we have in our arsenal. The Chinese fitted the vehicle with multiple weapons, reinforced the armor and outfitted them for longer range."
(Lieutenant Thomas Morgan's dialogue)
- Raul Tejada: "Do you often go toe-to-toe with guys dressed as tanks, boss? That might not be great for your life expectancy."
- Modiphius vehicle description: "This battlefield behemoth is an example of one of the US Army’s pre-war main battle tanks and one of the most powerful vehicles to ever rumble through the wasteland. Powered by a nuclear engine, its single turret design boasts a twin pair of heavy duty 140mm main cannons which it can use to demolish all but the most formidable of assailants in a single salvo. Weighing in at a monster 60 tons, its mass makes it unsuitable for use in soft terrain, but otherwise it’s a steel beast which dominates conventional battlefields. Modelled on the M46 Patton tank last used by the US Army in the conflicts of the mid to late twentieth century, several abandoned examples can be found scattered across the Wasteland and if you’re fortunate to find a working model it can be hotwired and restored to full capacity with a minimum of fuss. Woe betide your foes, if you succeed and one of these leviathans ever becomes fully operational again."
- Chris Avellone on Twitter August 11, 2011: "@ChrisAvellone In Fallout Bible, it mentions that NCR have a cav. division, but also says that horses died out. Could you please explain?
"@Francis1605 Fallout Bible is no longer canon, but when I first wrote it, it meant mechanized cav. (a FEW scav tanks and jeeps)."
- Fallout Bible 0: "2067 The first suit of Power Armor is deployed in Alaska. While lacking the full mobility of future versions, this Power Armor is incredibly effective against Chinese tanks and infantry. Its ability to carry heavy ordinance becomes key in various localized conflicts, and it has the power to destroy entire towns without endangering the wearer. China rushes to create its own versions, but they are many years behind the United States."
- Fallout Shelter item description: "Deployed pre-War against Chinese tanks. That's right – tanks."