Once a normal town, Tanagra Town went through a radical shift after the Great War only in the literal sense. Tanagra Town was moved above the treeline by the strangler vines that have been encroaching on the environment in the Mire. The strangler vine that moved Tanagra Town is a particularly huge family of stranglers and is holding over several hundred cubic meters of dirt and stone as well as the homes that were resting on top of the ground in one giant "island". Amazingly, the houses and everything on and in between are still accessible because of the strangler vines, it just takes some skilled climbing are precise jumps. This includes a cave cricket nest around a gold ore and crystal ore deposits with a buried mysterious statue face.
Upon discovering Tanagra Town, the first thing to notice is the massive land mass located in the middle. This large structure is a tall mass of rock surrounded by vines. These vines twist around the structure and have a variety of objects stuck inside of them such as cars, houses, fences, appliances, etc. These objects create a staircase that the player character is able to climb up and reach the top of the structure. The entrance is on the southern lip of the crater, over a yellow school bus and eventually brings the player character to the top.
Shortly before the summit, the player character enters into the ruined mass, passing through a chamber which contains a buried cyclopean statue surrounded by numerous crystal and gold harvest nodes. It uses the same model as those from Lucky Hole mine.
On the ground, located in front of the vine structure, is a small shack and a small ruined house. There are trees surrounding the town and a rusted wire fence is located near the small shack. A random big creature will often spawn around the base of the tree, it can either be a deathclaw, fog crawler or mega sloth.
There is a locked door in one of the ruined buildings surrounding the tree that requires a key code to open it. The keypad was, at one point, unpowered and unopenable on release. As of patch 220.127.116.11, the keypad in the ruined building works. The code to the keypad is 748250, learned from a terminal entry at the Whitespring bunker. Inside is an Enclave field laboratory (Remote Lab 1.2) with various detritus, a chance for plans for Enclave equipment and a single note.
- Reason to live: Note, found in a house at the top of the tree structure in the middle of town.
- Didn't want to hurt them: Note, found in the north of Tanagra Town.
- Paired keycard 02: Found in the broken house at the top of the vine structure, under a trifold flag.
- Potential Vault-Tec bobblehead: On top of the bed on the top floor of one of the houses.
- Three potential magazines
- On the teacher's desk in the school on top of the structure.
- On a student desk in the school on top of the structure.
- On the bed on the top floor of one of the houses.
- Three potential plans:
- Plan: Shielded lining operative underarmor: In a warehouse next to the Tanagra Town bus stop. The code to the keypad is 748250.
- One random plan can be found on the desk at the top of the vine structure, next to the weapon.
- One random plan can be found in the school at the top of the vine structure.
- Two random recipes:
- One can be found in a destroyed home on the western side of the town, on a stove.
- One can be found in a house at the top of the tree structure in the middle of town.
- Stealth Boy: In an open box at the top of the vine structure, inside the classroom.
- Royal jelly: Consumable, in a bathtub on the top floor of a house at the top of the town. It is one of only two locations in the game.
Tanagra Town appears only in Fallout 76.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Miner barracks and Enclave field lab