| ||For an overview of combat armor variants in all games, as well as background information, see combat armor.|
Modeled after the human silhouette, combat armors were designed to provide balanced protection without limiting user mobility. They are a diverse family of personal body armor with varying degrees of sophistication, ranging from the earliest iterations developed by the United States Army to the cutting-edge riot gears that came into use prior to the Great War.
The Talon combat armor is the combat armor issued to all of the mercenaries who work for Talon Company. The matching Talon combat helmet is a unique helmet which can only be found on Commander Jabsco, the group's local commander in the Capital Wasteland, who resides in Fort Bannister.
This armor and helmet are black colored variations of the traditional combat armor. The suit bears the Talon Company logo in white on the left breast.
- Ranger battle armor
- Rivet City security uniform
- Combat armor
- Tenpenny security uniform
- Lag-Bolt's combat armor
- Winterized combat armor
- Winterized medic armor
- Ranger battle helmet
- Rivet City security helmet
- Combat helmet
- Winterized combat helmet
- Winterized medic helmet
|The following is based on Fallout 3 cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
There are unique versions of both armor and helmet in the game files, with different base IDs and better stats. The unique variants have higher Damage Resistance and durability, but can only be obtained by using console commands.
|End of information based on Fallout 3 cut content.|
- The armor can be obtained by killing a Talon Company merc. Fort Bannister is filled with the mercs, making it readily accessible for finding a virtually limitless supply of the suits.
- Engineering core — one set of armor in a room with a bed.
- The helmet can only be obtained from Commander Jabsco in Fort Bannister.
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 When you drop the Talon combat helmet on the ground, it Isn't black like it should be. Instead, it uses the basic world model as the combat helmet. [verified]
- Playstation 3 Xbox 360 If you have two Talon combat armors in your inventory and are wearing one, the one not being worn will take any damage against the equipped armor, effectively giving you invincible combat armor. [verified]