|For an overview of combat armor variants, see combat armor.|
A diverse family of personal body armor with varying degrees of sophistication, providing balanced protection against both energy and ballistic damage. A wide variety of such armor can be found throughout the wastelands, ranging from the early iterations developed by the United States Army to the cutting-edge riot gear that came into use prior to the Great War.
The Talon combat armor is the combat armor issued to all of the mercenaries who work for Talon Company. The matching Talon combat helmet is a unique helmet that can only be found on Commander Jabsco, the group's local commander in the Capital Wasteland, who resides in Fort Bannister.
This armor and helmet are black colored variations of the traditional combat armor. The suit bears the Talon Company logo in white on the left breast.
- The armor can be obtained by killing a member of the Talon Company mercenaries, commonly found at Fort Bannister.
- The helmet can only be obtained from Commander Jabsco in Fort Bannister.
- Engineering core - One set of armor in a room with a bed.
|The following is based on Fallout 3 cut content.|
There are unique versions of both armor and helmet in the game files, with different base IDs and better stats. The unique variants have higher Damage Resistance and durability, but can only be obtained by using console commands.
|End of information based on Fallout 3 cut content|
- When you drop the Talon combat helmet on the ground, it isn't black as it should be. Instead, it uses the basic world model as the combat helmet. [verified]
- If you have two Talon combat armors in your inventory and are wearing one, the one not being worn will take any damage against the equipped armor, effectively giving you invincible combat armor. [verified]