Image needed (Creation Club Version)
This article is missing an image. You can help Nukapedia by uploading it.
After reaching a Karma status of good or higher, a 1000 cap bounty will be placed on the Lone Wanderer's head, and Talon Company mercs holding a private contract will periodically attempt to collect. Talon Company search parties operate in squads of different sizes dependent on the Wanderer's level.
Three Dog mentions that Talon Company mercs accept jobs that other mercenary companies would not do. Reilly of Reilly's Rangers notes her particular dislike of the Talon Company, recalling a job they did which involved the killing of defenseless "women, children... everyone" and commenting that they give all mercenaries a bad name. If the player character converses with her rudely, she will mention that they sound like a Talon Company merc.
Fort Bannister acts as their main base of operations in the Capital Wasteland, seeing that it is exclusively populated by Talon mercenaries and contains an even larger underground base crawling with more high level mercs. Bannister is also where the Lone Wanderer will find the Talon's commander.
The Broken Steel add-on adds a fourth rank of Talon Company merc, with higher health and better armor, that appears at higher levels. Even at level 30, Rank 4 Talon Company mercs are a relatively uncommon encounter. They are typically found in random encounters, rather than in fixed locations such as Fort Bannister. They are quite tough opponents, with good armor and very high health (more than twice that found on a rank 3) on par with that of a non-player character companion.
Interactions with the player character
|This character drops a finger when killed (Lawbringer).|
|This character can be enslaved with the Mesmetron.|
- * Only rank 1 mercs can be enslaved
Effects of player's actions
Whenever the Lone Wanderer's Karma is at least Good, these mercs will appear in random encounters and first converse before attacking on sight.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Talon combat armor||Chinese assault rifle or
combat shotgun or
laser rifle or
missile launcher or
combat knife or
sniper rifle or
laser pistol or
police baton or
lead pipe or
Pack of cigarettes
- Talon Company merc ambushes may appear when exiting certain interior locations into the Capital Wasteland if the Lone Wanderer's Karma is around Good, such as metro stations. These locations will also spawn Regulator ambushes if the character is Evil. If both ambushes are spawned in the same location due to changes in karma, they will fight each other.
- At a distance, randomly encountered merc patrols and ambushes may initially appear to be neutral towards the player character. However, as soon as their proximity is touched, they will force a dialogue box with the Lone Wanderer in which they proclaim they cannot "go around being a do-gooder," after which they will attack. All subsequent Talon Company merc patrols will fight on sight as soon as they appear.
- If Talon Company mercs are encountered, but one evades their initial dialogue, they will continue the pursuit even after the player character has reduced their karma below "good".
- Unlike Talon Company mercs found in random encounters and ambushes, Talon Company mercs in pre-set locations (i.e. inside the D.C. Ruins, or Fort Bannister) are always initially hostile.
- The body of one of the few rare female Talon Company mercs can be found on a catwalk in the first level of the Chryslus Building. Another female Talon Company merc's corpse can be found in the Corvega factory. Four others can be found in Metro Central. There is also one in the Capitol building.
- "Well, now... If it isn't the little saint from the vault. We've been looking for you. Someone's put quite a price on your head."
- "I want this one's head on a fucking plate!"
- "This ain't what I signed up for!"
- "Don't mess with the Talons!"
- "You're dead!"
- Fallout 3 bugs page for more details. [verified] Talon Company mercs may appear with facial skin tones that are abruptly different from that of the rest of their body, e.g. African-American body with a nearly albino face. See the
- You can talk to the Talon Company merc in the Capitol Building armed with the fat man, though your only dialogue choice is "I have to go now."
- While attacking Jabsco in Fort Banister four Talon Company Mercs the size of children will spawn behind you and attack.[verified]
- Sometimes even before being under a wanted contract they will spawn randomly, like right by a minefield. [verified]