Got any questions about the videos? Or maybe having some problems viewing them?
Ask questions and report problems to my discussion page: CryonBrion (Talk)
If it's not on my talk page, I might miss it!
Is it just me, or does this weapon seem to not damage anything after lighting them on fire? That is to say, once something is hit by the pistol and lit on fire, each subsequent shot doesn't seem to deal damage, until the fire is out. Sorry if this is confusing. Graves 05:42, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
- Personally, I never used it long enough for it to matter. At first I was all "Oh cool, something for my 10mm!", except it sucks. Unmodded Chinese Pistols are crap. The only thing I ended up using it for was hunting radroaches and molerats, which never lasted long enough for me to see the damage, sorry. --DarkJeff 05:55, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
- I've definitely used it enough to know the bullets still do damage while a person/creature is still on fire. I don't know if the fire effect damage stacks or it just extends the duration, but i'm sure the actual impacts still do (their worthless amounts of) damage. Bloodwars 20:31, 4 January 2009 (UTC)
Something is wrong with it... I've gone into VATS and set up a sequence of shots it said would kill my target and then some, only for each bullet to do 1/10 of what they said it would. 184.108.40.206 18:06, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
- Apparently this gun does not do any damage in VATS at all, the damage you are seeing is due to the fire only. However, it does appear to do full damage outside of VATS (360) 220.127.116.11 22:42, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
Found another way to obtain Edit
I've seen a female Megaton Settler have this weapon strapped on her waist. It caught my eye and I examined it for about it minute wondering "What is that weapon?". This should be added onto the article, yes?
- Ju Juitsu 08:41, 19 December 2008 (UTC)
Can it be repeated? Where?
Oh you're right, it was probably just a Chinese Pistol. I recognized the image on here as an exact match whenever I was playing the game. I forgot that most artifact weapons have the same appearance as their normals.
- Ju Juitsu 09:23, 19 December 2008 (UTC)
Affected by pyromaniac? Edit
Just a thought because it does fire damage.
- I'd assume so, but it'd probably just up it from 2/5 fire damage to 3/5... which doesn't really help it suck any less :/ Bloodwars 20:29, 4 January 2009 (UTC)
Possible Major Glitch Edit
ok so I will start from the beggining.
I like to collect everything that catches my eye and display it in my house. I am pretty far into the game now and I have tons of random special things lying around all over my Megaton house. I have at least 100 random items lying all over the place (on desks, shelfs, tables, and the floor) especially in the room with the door which I call my special room where I keep all of my most prized possessions such as my alien blaster and the original power armour - type 41b or something - so as you can imagine I was pretty excited when I found this gun. I took it home and saved my game and turned of my xbox 360 and the next day I loaded the game and everything and I mean everything was gone. Things that cannot be picked up dissapeared such as phones, lamps, the typewritter on the desk, and even the carpet were just suddenly gone. So a little pissed off I reloaded the game hoping that everything would correct itself and it did... kinda. The entire house went back to its original state. All the furniture I purchased was gone and everything in my storage containers was gone. all of the items that I put down myself had dissapeared except for the last thing that I dropped which was a power helmet. I swear it was mocking me!!! All this happened after I found this gun. Luckily I made a safe just before I went into the building where this gun was and tried it again and nothing bad heppened. I'm not sure if it was the pistol was to blame for this problem, but you never know so save before you get this gun and make sure everything is ok.
- could this be related to the general house glitchiness of not owning lockers and megatownies being able to swipe your stuff? did you save the botherhood initiate without getting the paladins killed? neither one would seem to do what you're describing completely, but it's the best i can think up... Bloodwars 20:27, 4 January 2009 (UTC)
Perhaps this is a glitch or bug related to the number of items being in a cell at one time, like with the elder scrolls games you dont want to have too much clutter around in any one area. I havnt encountered this on fallout 3 or fallout new vegas but i have encountered this in morrowind and oblivion several different times (the loot bag didnt kick in).
Explore "Project Zhu-Rong" about "Prototype ZRIN-418" in L.O.B. Enterprises's lab terminal. IMHO, it is "Zhu-Rong v418". I use ru-version of game, so don't know English text of NOTE. --gamer102 06:12, 27 February 2009 (UTC)
The note text is correct, it does say "ZRIN-418", which stands for "Zhu-Rong INcendiary".18.104.22.168 07:05, May 13, 2010 (UTC)
Could a GECKie get us some spread? I assume it's the same as the regular Chinese Pistol, but I'm just making sure. Nitty 17:07, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
Nevermind, got it confirmed.
- There is a bug where only the first shot from the pistol does any damage. Once an enemy is on fire, additional hits from the Zhu-Rong seem to have no effect. (It might just be because its only good for setting enemies on fire and the actual damage is low.) (unconfirmed)
- If you shoot the Zhu-Rong at water multiple times, occasionally the game will freeze.
These need to be confirmed by more than one source before they can be restored--Kingclyde 23:49, September 1, 2009 (UTC)
I can confirm the first one, but only in VATS. The first shot works, but subsequent shots do no damage, even to weak enemies, like Mole Rats. Nitty 23:51, September 1, 2009 (UTC)
- Personally I believe the firelance does the same thing. My guess is that it won't do more fire damage because they are already on fire. Not sure though. I don't even think the GECK is clear on it. I'll double check tonight at home. I need to concentrate on the NPC articles. --Kingclyde 23:55, September 1, 2009 (UTC)
Not much of a Unique Weapon Edit
After all you have to go thru just to get to the dang pistol, it does suckall damage. Very disappointed with this. They should have dropped the difficulty on the locked door leading to the pistol at the least!--22.214.171.124 00:05, September 8, 2009 (UTC)
Actually, that's one of the things I respect about Fallout 3's design. You can bust your butt getting somewhere and then find out the reward is two cans of pork n' beans or something like that. Whether or not your efforts receive a just reward depends partially on luck. Just like life..... Wunengzi 04:16, October 10, 2010 (UTC)
Anyone notice that as bad as this weapon is. it's name "Zhu-Rong" sounds like "So Wrong"? Maybe it was meant to be this bad to match the name? LOL --Smurf41 09:22, January 13, 2010 (UTC)
Zhu Rong is actually a character from Chinese mythology - specifically a fire goddess. She appears in some popular literature, most notably Romance of the Three Kingdoms, and in some of the Dynasty Warriors games based on it. She is the wife of the barbarian king Meng Huo, and her signature attacks are powerful fire attacks. (Pilaf the Defiler.)
This is not quite correct. Zhu Rong is male, a ruler of legendary times, Lord of the South and God of Fire. (Other accounts say he was the official in charge of fire at the court of the Yellow Lord, the best-known legendary Chinese emperor.) Lady Zhurong is a much later figure, from Three Kingdoms fiction, who claimed to be descended from him. It's wonderful how games like Dynasty Warriors have made people more aware of ancient Chinese legend and myth, but you do have to be careful -- the designers were trying to make a good game, not a scholarly treatise. Wunengzi 04:16, October 10, 2010 (UTC)
Trickery at LOB Edit
One thing I thought was funny is on the CEO's manifest the ZRIN-418 pistol is labeled as "American Flag". Ironic way of covering up its true purpose, huh?126.96.36.199 07:04, May 13, 2010 (UTC)
Check the manifest again. It lists items and weight. It has a "Fire Retardent Cloth", which is what is wrapped around the gun, a "Lead Paperweight", which judging by the weight is the actual gun, and an "American Flag" to make it seem nationalistic; The company was actually working for China. But yeah, gave me a laugh too.
Poor weapon, but a fun show Edit
Although this weapon does terrible damage it has one upside that is similar to The Dismemberer, which is that it usually explodes your enemies upon their death. This can make for a fun light show in the middle of the night when a raider explodes into dozens of burning chunks like fireworks. MeatyDog 00:32, August 7, 2010 (UTC)
Lighting yourself ablaze Edit
Yes, I just discovered it's possible to light YOURSELF on fire using this weapon (just when you thought it couldn't get less practical)
Sometimes when you kill an enemy with this weapon they'll have a rather explosive death. This is especially noticeable with radroaches, which really go up when you shoot em.
Well, that's exactly how I managed to light myself on fire. I was very close to a radroach and I shot it with the pistol. It erupted into the fireball as usual, and the fireball hit me, and lit me on fire. It didn't do much damage (5 total out of my 570hp) but nonetheless, I lit myself on fire with the damn thing. Jimera0 08:18, April 9, 2011 (UTC)
Overall DPS Edit
When fire damage is added, the pistol does a respectable 63 DPS. Can someone add that?