Familial (adj): of, or relating to, a family; "family-like". This is the correct word, "familiar" is not; yet I see someone had to revert it yet again. Please don't change it just because you are unfamiliar with the word. Deadlykris 23:57, July 12, 2010 (UTC)
- Considering just how many people make this connection unless there is word of god from the game makers I'd say it is a reference LOL
It doesn't matter that isn't how its pronounced in Chinese, it looks enough like it to seem likely to be its origin. The Chinese definition alone doesn't really lend itself well enough to this animal to be the sole reason IMHO. And considering the other references in fallout this seems perfectly in line with the rest of the game. If the game makers did say it was not a reference can you post where rather than simply reverting it?
- and considering some of the other speculative references on this site ex: threedog "The name of the character Three Dog might come from a previous character played by his voice actor Erik Todd Dellums, called "Dog 3".
* Three Dog shares similarities to very many DJ characters from movies and real life, Wolfman Jack chief among them." the removal of yogi and requirement that this reference be proven rather than disproven seems more based on personal opinion or that somebody just doesn't like it...so I put it back.
Sould these two points
- Although Yao Guai are very fast, they can't turn quickly so when being attacked the player can easily sidestep to dodge the Yao Guai.
- Although deadly and strong, Yao Guai are killed with ease by Deathclaws and Albino Radscorpions.
be moved to a tactics section because i personally do not think they belong in the notes or trivia section
Someone added a note about the Yao Guai suffering from mange due to radiation. Where did this come from? Is the info extrapolated from their scarred skin they supposedly have been scratching or smth? If so, that's just some personal speculation as the wounds may be from past battles or anything else. Therefore, I removed the bit. --TheBearPaw 11:02, August 28, 2010 (UTC)