So I had the alien ship crashed while I was at the Red Rocket Truck Stop, I almost didn't notice but Danse made a comment and I saw the tell tale smoke streak across the sky. My theory is that this is a random encounter that can take place at any locations close enough to the ship's crash site. If anyone else can verify that they've seen the ship at Red Rocket that'd be great. - The preceding comment by User:Stretch27, 04:53, November 21, 2015
- Nope, but had it at the starlight drive in. I don't think distance or even a clear view in the direction of the crash matters. I've only ever noticed it immediately after quick traveling though. - The preceding comment by Special:Contribs/184.108.40.206 01:05, November 22, 2015
- I decided to do some exploring without fast traveling. And while I was near Corvega Assembly Plant I heard a big sound like crash . I looked at the sky I never see anything so I went to the place where the UFO suppose to crash there and see a trail of flame in the sky and when I was close I saw the burned trail on the ground that lead me to the UFO. So I think to it`s a random place but who knows the game is full of surprise. —Preceding comment was unsigned. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- I Had it crash while I was at Sanctuary, Garvey made a comment "what the hell" and then "worth checking out?". I believe this event occurs at level 20.
Can anyone confirm they are able to get the weapon before level 20?? [[[User:ItsHectic|ItsHectic]] (talk) 00:33, December 19, 2015 (UTC)]
100 Locations Edit
it happened for me immediately after fast traveling after receiving the ranger corps achievement (discover 100 locations), so i think it might be a prerequisite. —Preceding comment was unsigned. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- It happened for me after fast traveling but not after discovering a new location (also hadn't found 100 locations yet). I think it is random, as long as you are close enough. It might be tied to Luck, but no proof. Degrelescence (talk) 02:34, December 4, 2015 (UTC)
- Level 20?? [[[User:ItsHectic|ItsHectic]] (talk) 00:34, December 19, 2015 (UTC)]
- Guys, I just looked in the game files and according to the quest node (001870E5), it triggers at level 20, the next time you're able to encounter a random event (aka, you're outside) and you're more than 15000 'distance' from the crash site, whatever distance is measured in. --Xernoc (talk) 00:47, December 19, 2015 (UTC)
- I actually found this location because of the broken trees but I'm reasonbly sure the actual random encounter had not triggered. I was above level 20 but I never actually saw a crashed ship. I found the cave and the green blood, just no ship. Is the alien there regardless?--220.127.116.11 14:06, February 29, 2016 (UTC)
Appearance Section Edit
"Appearance" section was doubled. Left only one. Added info in this section. —Preceding comment was unsigned. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- All sections should be before Notes, that's the left-overs. Also, all the information implying the site is the same in all 3 games is incorrect. Three games have three different (but similar) events. Moved to Notes and changed appearances to only in Fallout 4. Degrelescence (talk) 02:34, December 4, 2015 (UTC)
- EDIT: Although, now that the way the information is presented has been changed. I would probably agree with the appearance section having the information about previous crashes, as long as it is clear they are different. Degrelescence (talk) 02:39, December 4, 2015 (UTC)
How do I see if the event already happened? Edit
Is there a way to check if it's already occurred before? With the console or something else?
Also, is there a way to manually activate it, say with the console?
Discovering the cave before the crash Edit
At level 11 I activated the tower and found the garbled message. There was no crashed ship and no alien in the cave. However there was the radio next to a skeleton but no significant loot. The only living occupants were three mole rats.
Is this worth adding to the notes section?
- I don't think it is bad information that you can't just find the ship before it crashes... 10 years ago that would have been quite the feat in programming, but what would you even say? Before the alien has crashed... He isn't there? I don't think the mole rats are fixed, probably just a scaling mob like everywhere else in the game and no one thought the radio was alien. Degrelescence (talk) 10:32, March 13, 2016 (UTC)