Do any of the raiders/slaves/wildmen (with the exception of the named ones of course) respawn? --Clean Up 00:48, 26 April 2009 (UTC)
- nopeDragonJTS 14:02, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
It only says 3 perks and not 4 as the page says. Just sayin.PACMAN Waka Waka 03:20, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
- Stop worrying you guys its a virus that attached to the content, nothing but a day or a week worth of patching it up, who knows, they have to pay money to fix it, and to get peoples attention, they may add more weapons and armor.
- Umm... no. I highly doubt that one. Reflect 06:28, 25 March 2009 (UTC)
Way to activate the Data file?
I used the method on the Anchorage page on the Pitt, but recently I broke my disk drive, so cannot activate the Data File... I can still launch the game, through the direct "Non-launcher" way... So... How do I make it use the data file? Just so you know, I have my files already in Fallout3\Data...Jetholt (Jetty) 17:29, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
download a no cd crack off the internet then you can do it the launcher way - aob86
Uhm, no. I can launch the game, without illegalties, thanks. I just need to use the "Data Files" option, without the disk. A No CD would just let me launch the game...Jetholt (Jetty) 21:57, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
You can't load the data file without using the launcher. Using a no-cd crack is not illegal as long as you own the game. No-cd cracks are designed to save you disc from scratches etc that occur from handling the discs. Been using them since 98 and are only illegal if you do not own thegame. kingclyde
Fallout3 Nexus is down at the moment, but when it comes back up, go grab FOMM- the Fallout Mod Manager- it lets you reorder and de/activate data files without going through the launcher. --Redshift87 23:15, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
PC Version Works Fine
The main page claims that both the PC and the Xbox 360 version of the DLC are corrupt... mine downloaded fine, the only "glitch" is that it has a runtime error upon exiting the game with no harm to my saves or data files... am I the only one with a working copy of the DLC?? :D--Swizzler 14:52, 25 March 2009 (UTC)
- I hate you.. =P Nah just kidding, but if the PC version works I'm tempted to buy it so I can get my DLC - Jon
- Works for me too, I've already completed all the quests. The new gear is sweet. SpellChecker 16:33, 25 March 2009 (UTC)
- Works fine here (PC), except for one bug where the blade on the AutoAxe doesn't show when I ready it/fight with it. It's easily fixed by removing the Axe and re-equipping it though. Dcruze 17:28, 25 March 2009 (UTC)
- Same here, is anyone else getting a runtime error upon exiting fallout 3 now? Also I checked GFW: Live and it appears you can buy it. I think we should correct the front page saying that both PC and Xbox 360 versions are screwed up, as it appears only the Xbox 360 version is.--Swizzler 17:45, 25 March 2009 (UTC)
I get the runtime error also, I removed it and downloaded again after the 360 version went back up just to see if it might have been fixed, but nope. Besides the runtime error and the autoaxe disappearing, it runs fine. Still, the crash on exit is really annoying, and since none of the new gear is going to replace my current stealth armor/gauss rifle loadout, I'm just going to remove the content so I don't have to deal with that runtime error. SpellChecker 13:32, 26 March 2009 (UTC)
Anyone have any word when its coming today?--22.214.171.124 17:12, 25 March 2009 (UTC)
It is, at least I think, Gstaff from the beth forums said it is. Sektor8 17:15, 25 March 2009 (UTC)
What about a time or even a speculation of time, like next few hours, tonight?--126.96.36.199 17:25, 25 March 2009 (UTC)
- Please, give us a link to the page where he said that! --Sentinel 101 17:28, 25 March 2009 (UTC)
1:27 central time and the pit is back up on marketplace only 47% togo till i get to see if all the bugs are fixed(Rifts Juicer 18:29, 25 March 2009 (UTC))
I thought the levels were raised to 30 from 20 with this new content? I have yet to recieve any experience points.
That is the next one Broken SteelPACMAN Waka Waka 20:58, 25 March 2009 (UTC)
I just played through part of it and when I got to the Arena part I just encountered major glitches again. WTF Bethesda. Anybody else experiencing this?
I dunno but the framerate is choppy everywhere. In menus even and seems to be worst in the Scrapyard. It just randomly stutters and then goes back to normal, sometimes doing that a few times. The sound lags behind the actions when it does this, too, even in VATS. 188.8.131.52 00:38, 26 March 2009 (UTC)
I have played up until the firs encounter with Trogs. My only complaint thusfar is this: the first two raiders I killed did the whole inkblot in the sky thing, only with their bodies instead of an inkblot. It was pretty annoying but none of the trogs or raiders I've killed since have done anything similar. 184.108.40.206 00:51, 27 March 2009 (UTC)
I want to get the Pitt and i havent bought the old corrupted version but I keep hearing how bad the new one is cuz of bugs, im level 20. Should i get it or not?
First off, make sure you have the latest patch, here's what the Bethesda blog says to do:
1) Make sure you have the 1.4 update (Which is the latest patch). This is needed for running The Pitt. From the title screen, make go to settings, then Display, and check to see that you have V 1.4.
2) If you haven’t already, try a cache clear for the game: While the game is booting, simultaneously hold the “Left Bumper,” “Right Bumper” and “X” buttons until you reach the title screen.
After that, Bethesda claims that the DLC works. I've made (and I recommend that everyone makes) a new save for The Pitt that way if it screws up I can just delete that one and play the old one that I know for a fact works.
I myself haven't had and freezes or seen any bugs yet, but I'm only at the bridge. Panzer89 00:44, 26 March 2009 (UTC)
The Pitt still not fixed
The Pitt still freezes (both on 360 and PC)
This is a video example (not made by me) -- "The Circle of Death"
http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?s=&showtopic=971110&view=findpost&p=14028888 --Skober. 09:07, 26 March 2009 (UTC)
The modder Quarn (of Unofficial Oblivion Patch fame) has released a fix for the "circle of death" bug on PC. I've tested it and it fixed my crashing; a lot of other people on the Bethesda forums are also reporting success. Here's the link to the patch: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5152 --Redshift87 23:22, 27 March 2009 (UTC)
So what did everybody else think? (Spoilers)
For once I managed to install a Fallout patch smooth as silk on an old(ish) computer. Patch 1.4 is the first time I've been able to do that.
This DLC had some nice atmosphere. I like the new ambience sounds and textures in the Pitt. I thought they could have made more out of the escape, for some reason an old Commodore 64 game called "The Great Escape" comes to mind, which was a lot more elaborate.
I played through this with one my low karma level 20 power player, so I had no troubles with the arena fights, I thought that part could have been a little longer and harder as well. Reminds me a little of the arena fight in KoTOR (which was harder). I think it would be a lot more rewarding playing at very low levels, like straight out of the vault.
I liked the claustrophobia of not having my usual gear, I wish that part had gone on a little bit longer.
There's a lot of new gear in this one, so it's definitely better than buying a horse armor - but it could have had a little more questing going on, maybe a new boss character. It's good, but not great.
Dcruze 13:17, 26 March 2009 (UTC)
- Can anyone who has completed the pitt tell me if kodiak has any dialogue regarding the "bear brothers" thanks.
I wish Bethesda had made the Arena in "The Pitt" a little more like TES:Oblivion's Arena, with a few more fights than just three (but the same gradual difficulty levels). They could have at least shoved a few Trogs in the Hole before reaching the semi-boss Arena Champion. The radioactive barrels complication was interesting, but it did serve to make the whole Arena quest even shorter (kill quickly or die quickly). --Webgiant 05:58, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
- In my opinion the pitt was good, but too damn short. As Dcruze said, the arena should have had more matches; 9 matches would have satisfied me (the one in Oblivion is huge and that was only a small part of the game). So far the DLCs have been short- if you added the Pitt and Anchorage together they would only just be as long as Knights of the Nine (the Oblivion expansion) and that was only 800 points. Lets hope Broken Steel will be longer. Nevertheless, some of the game's coolest gear comes from the pitt.--Drifter
- Good but failed in terms of time spent. I think they really did not care as much about this one. The dialogs were simple, not much conversation. It took me, at best, 3 hours to complete. I was fairly disappointed by the ending this one provided as well as there was no real finality to it. As for gear, I thought Anchorage provided better gear and weapons for someone who plays a Heavy or Stealth. --Anrkist 07:20, 26 April 2009 (CDT)
- I tried it again with a new character fresh out from the vault. Definitely a different experience. I had to go back to the Capital Wasteland to get a sniper rifle to get past the raider guarding the bridge. The arena fights felt just about right, not too easy and not too hard. It seems level plays a part in what kind of monsters you're put up against, I encountered more than 90% Trog Fledglings (Level 5, 6) when they were mostly Trog Savages or Brutes when I played with a Level 20... More fun with a low-level character. Dcruze 13:52, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
No, none of the DLC released so far requires anything other than updated patches to work.Panzer89 00:00, 27 March 2009 (UTC)
does anyone know why The Pitt infobox still says the DLC isn't out yet? Is there anyway we can get it fixed? Are we supposed to remove the infoboxes? I noticed the OP:Anchorage articles don't have them... --Swizzler 03:37, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
- I was taking a break from the wiki at the time, so I don't know what they did with the OA boxes, but it appears they got changed to go in the upper right corner and merely show that whatever the article is about belongs to OA. If I knew what they did I'd change it myself... the problem is I can't even find the OA template. --Macros 05:00, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
Yeah I was poking around and it looks like the code that makes the infobox on The Pitt related articles is still there for OP:Anchorage, but like you said, just puts the game name up in the corner, I guess the admins just haven't got around to changing the template and removing the boxes yet.--Swizzler 05:04, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
When you get your equipment taken up, and you have the Winterized Combat Armor, when you get your stuff back, does it still give you the WCA back? 220.127.116.11 01:36, 29 March 2009 (UTC)
I don't know about the Winterized T-51b as I play a stealth character, but I had the Chinese Dragoon Stealth Armor (from "Operation Anchorage") in my inventory when it all got swiped by the slavers, and that ended up back in the footlocker after the Arena. So it would appear that items from "Operation Anchorage" will not be lost when you temporarily lose your stuff near the beginning of "The Pitt". --Webgiant 05:51, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
- The Winterized Combat Armor can't be used outside of the simulation without exploiting a glitch, he's not talking about the T-51b armor, so your response is not helpful in any way. All I can say is try it out and report back to us on it. Keep a copy of your save file. 18.104.22.168 01:06, 31 March 2009 (UTC)
- Have you even played operation anchorage? cause if you have you would know that there is a set of winterized power armor you are awarded after you complete the dlc. And yeah you sure can wear it outside of the simulation, because its real...
- * You made the same mistake I did: the Winterized Power Armor that you receive after completing the simulation is a set of T-51b Power Armor with snow camouflage colors. /Inside the simulation/, you wear Winterized /Combat Armor/, which is *not* Power Armor and *not* available outside the simulation without exploiting a glitch. The Winterized Combat Armor is what the original person was asking about in the first place, not the Winterized T-51b Power Armor. --Webgiant 06:11, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
i completed the pitt and had the winterized combat armor when they took everything away. it was still there after i got my stuff back, so yes you do get it back. Havoc131
I keep hearing this referanced by raiders and slaves. I'm guessing it's what's left of Toronto. Anybody else hear about it? I smell DLC... TunnelSnake 15:58, 29 March 2009 (UTC)
And i smell gas...22.214.171.124 20:02, 29 March 2009 (UTC)
These two locations might be seen, since beth is currently considering more DLC after Broken Steel. They talked about it at GDC last week, I think commonwealth might be fun with all the androids. and if Ashur was saying that Ronto is advanced maybe that would be cool to see. I have a feeling when beth is done with fallout 3 it will be one of those classics that you just can't sell... Which is a good thing!--Swizzler
Fixing 'The Pitt' (again)
Is there any news at all of if-and-when Bethesda will fix the freezing glitch that affects some 360 users (myself included) at the very start of the DLC? Personally I'm baffled as to how it can only affect some people, but it'd be really nice if they'd solve the problem asap. I don't think 800 MSP is an unreasonable sum for the DLC itself, but it'd be nice if I could actually PLAY it, you know? About 50% of the people I know are suffering from the same problem. Have Bethesda even acknowledged the problem exists? Ten Thousand Fists 22:58, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
I've never experienced it, at least not more than the usual freezing, which is few and far between. I wasn't aware of more glitches with the Pitt. It's probably not as widespread a problem as the corruption the first time around. TunnelSnake 23:01, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
Its already been fixed for the PC, but because of all the Xbox "approvals" it's probably in approval limbo. PC is superior Hoo-Rah. Anyway the whole glitch is caused by 4 spawn points or something. If I were you i'd clone yourself a few dozen times and hold up every Microsoft building in Redmond until its fixed... but that's just me. Oh, while your there, demand they get rid of M$ points and use real goddamned money.--Swizzler 23:38, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
I entered The Pitt with 99 stimpacks and for some reason after retrieving my gear after the fights in the hole I had 4251 stimpacks. Has anyone else had duplicated items?--Falubii 13:34, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
Yeah i did,but i aint complaing,its not often you leave an area with over 900 44.magnum rounds is it? Werewolfhell 17:48, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
Oh. I'm not complaining. I think this is one of the best glitches to ever happen to Fallout 3 besides multiple followers. I think it's interesting that it's happening to other people too.--Falubii 21:29, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
Official:is ultimate glitch,i left two t-5lbs, 7984 stimpacks and jet, and OVER 9000 ammo,so yeah its the best glitch ever.
Downside is that it can take your OA stuff. but who needs a guass rifle with a few thousands 44 rounds? DragonJTS 14:04, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
Dont get me wrong i did really enjoy playing The Pitt, but personaly i think they just started to rush it towards the end. It's just not up to snuff compared to the rest of the game. The whole point in making decisions in this game is to witness the different outcomes. That just isn't the case here at all.. I mean even after you've finished all of the slaves are still talking in NPC to NPC conversation about Ashur and keeping quiet about the uprising. Christ one time on my save game where i'd sided with Ashur one guy told me "Shh, we can't let the guards find out what Marco's up to."
1) I probably class as a guard now, so i'm going to shoot him. And 2) Marco was killed during the uprising and is lying about ten feet infront of him with his "arm off".
And thats just the NPC conversation, its even worse that some of the actual conversations you can have are messed up like this too. I still had the option to talk to Brand (the guy working the ammo press)and give him information or "gossip" as he says about whats going on.
I don't think it would have taken much for Bethesda to clear all of that bollocks up at the end. It seems like a very small task, and i dont think its too much to ask for a complete DLC since we all paid like £6 and $10 for it.--Greig91 20:17, 29 April 2009 (UTC)
I think they were just worried about delaying it again. People are so impatient. Fat Man Spoon 20:32, 29 April 2009 (UTC)
Thats exactly what i was thinking at the time. Personaly i wouldn't have minded waiting a little longer for them to sort it all out, but i know there was a ton of people complaining about it being pushed back. It's been the same for Broken Steel, i hope they havn't made the same mistake with that.--Greig91 18:43, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
Question about the March 25th download and the April 2nd download
Now I know that the April 2nd Pitt download was supposed to fix the lingering issues that the March 25th, the one that was released after the broken March 24th version, download had. the only problem is that I was done and out of The Pitt before the first. I'm happy to say that I had ZERO problems during my play through of The Pitt even with this "older" download. I'm just wondering if this will be a problem with future DLC, or if I need to revert to an older save and then re download the latest version of The Pitt, even though I had no issues with the second version they released. Panzer89 01:52, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
Is it safe yet?
Seeing as how The Pitt is the most tremendously bug-ridden piece of crap released to date, I haven't downloaded it, and won't until as many of the more severe bugs as possible are fixed. Is it safe to download, now, or are the still some issues which can completely fuck over the game, if not the Xbox itself?—Preceding unsigned comment added by Blutteufel (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- The latest version (the version currently available) appears to work for most people (including myself) fine. Please sign your posts. --Sentinel 101 18:07, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
- Saying it's the "most tremendously bug-ridden piece of crap released to date" is way too harsh dude. It ran FINE for me. So go download it and have fun, but please DO remember to keep an old "Pre-Pitt" save file just in case. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Panzer89 02:18, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
how do i get my gear back from wernher?
Werhner dosn't take it, mex does. And you get it ack by playing the dlc quests until you win the arena fights, then it's in a box in the prep room. -DragonJTSLeave me a message 01:01, 8 May 2009 (UTC)