Killing and Stealing Edit
Can we get confirmation on these 2 actions, i don't get any feedback either verbally or by text when i do this around strong. He does like charisma checks and dislikes lock picking as well as PA equips.
- he also seems to like when i accept minutemen quests (help people) i don't know if this is quests in general.184.108.40.206 17:42, November 14, 2015 (UTC)
Same here, not getting anything for killing with melee, fists or ranged weapons.
Strong is weird man, he likes the bottom (good) option when cheering up NPCs sometimes and dislikes it others. i was tracking affinity yesterday but couldn't detect it being lowered by terminals.220.127.116.11 18:16, November 17, 2015 (UTC)
I've had at least one instance where Strong's Like and Dislike modifiers in dialogue are switched: at the start of the Kid in a Fridge quest, when you consider how the boy should act, Strong verbally compliments you for suggesting the kid become independent, but the game tells you that he Dislikes you for it. He also tells you that he disapproves of you for encouraging the kid's dependency, but you get a Like notification for doing so.
Will Strong automatically be hostile if you've already completed many BOS missions? When I locate him in the prison cell at Trinity Tower he want's to kill me before I even let him out of the cell.
- I just completed Trinity Towers and got him as a companion (PS4 so no way to track his stat modifiers). I've only done the BoS quests Fire Support & Call to Arms and joined the BoS at the end. He was fine so I'm guessing you would need to be further along than that before he goes hostile and its not just being a member of BoS that does it. Worth checking into though. (Philbert) 18.104.22.168 23:11, November 20, 2015 (UTC)
Strong doesnt like stealing: -1 affinity. Green terminal: -7.5 aff. (red: no effect). Red/green lockpicking: -7.5.
- Confirmed that stealing/picking pockets reduces affinity by 1. No idea why someone has put Stealing in the "Likes" section. Flawlesssoul (talk) 03:08, December 3, 2015 (UTC)
I was the one who put it in the likes section. I don't know if it's different on xbox or if perhaps it changed, but at several instances I would steal and it would give me the approval notification as well as strong's dialogue about it.
-Can confirm from PC that Strong does verbally approve (e.g. "Good human! Not waste time!), but for me no notification popped up. Not sure if affinity changed though. Unidentified Small Critter (talk)
Strong Gone Edit
Strong likes murdering humans... Edit
Most companions have an affinity increase of 15 once in a while (I'm unsure if it's solely time based or if the game checks once in a while if some sort of killing kicked in since the last check). The increase is around 30 (sometimes 28~29, sometimes almost 40) for Strong. Huillam (talk) 13:24, December 1, 2015 (UTC)
Possible issue Edit
I've gotten him out of his cell and the quest is considered done, but because the super mutants that ran and hid while we rode the lift down Strong is still aggressive and can't be spoken too, so I can't make him a companion. This is on PS4, so no console commands, what happens if I just leave him here? Where does he go? Any way to solve this, I've ridden both lifts up and down like 40 times now, and only successfully managed to kill 2 more of the 5 guys hidden in impossible locations. And those two required me to jump out of the lift on the way down...any help would be nice. Thanks
Strong and the Shroud's Voice Edit
In regards to his dislike of the Silver shroud voice, when you go to save Kenny (the ghoul starts the quest), and use the shroud's voice to threaten the thugs as the final option before combat, he loves that - maybe its the threaten option, but even when using the voice it turns the big man on somethin fierce.
Large Creatures Edit
So I just killed the Mirelurk Queen at The Castle in Taking Independence with Strong on my team, but it didn't improve our relationship at all. Are we SURE that the killing of giant creatures is a like for him or did the writer of that not realize that companions talk to you after a random amount of time after reaching a certain friendship level and that might just happened to have been after his fight? Degrelescence (talk) 03:06, December 1, 2015 (UTC)
- EDIT: So, I decided to confirm this, I found the console command to check Strong's like of me (getav ca_affinity) and currently it was at 935.5 lol. Damn, that's specific. Anyway, I went and killed the army of Mirelurks and their queen and checked again. Still at 935.5. Then to make sure it was working, I went and murdered the asshole who just sold me a charge card. Actually still at 935.5. So I went around doing 'stuff' for a while (maybe he was just not a 'normal' murder because he had no faction). Checked it after wandering for a couple hours. It was at 942.15. Curious. I loaded a save about an hour before the fight at the castle, 876.29. Didn't pause the game. Went and got some McD's. Came back and checked again (about an hour with no actions), 951.41. Then I went and lockpicked something. 941.41. XD. So the likes and dislikes... Don't matter for shit! They add or remove like 10 at a time which is how much you get for just wandering around for an hour with them anyway. But yeah, killing big creatures doesn't make Strong happy. Tried it with a Leg Deathclaw, as well. I will remove that and add that all companions gain affinity just for traveling with you. Degrelescence (talk) 13:10, December 1, 2015 (UTC)
Regarding Strong stuck kneeling in doorway bugEdit
I can't verify this with Strong but I experienced the exact same thing with Hancock at the Four Leaf Fish packing plant. I entered the plant via the door in the chem lab, not the main door below. He dropped down and became bugged in the downed position, not able to be stimpacked and repeating "Oh god what died in here" and "if that smell is you then you need to see a doctor" over and over and over again. He moved about when I went through doors but stayed at the door stuck in the downed position repeating the same lines until I ported to Sanctuary when he unbugged. (I've had the exact same thing with MacCready but ages ago and different playthrough so I can't remember the location other than it was somewhere with fish, good possibility it was the same place but I can't give you 100% on it so I won't) So not sure if this is at one specific location since Strongs bug report as doesn't give one, or if it's randomly various locations and various follows.
Strong and Minigun getting stuck Edit
-confirmed; I see the exact same behavior when strong is given a minigun to use. sometimes he just gets stuck.
it looks like the extended barrel gets stuck on various architecture, and the game just makes him sit there.
you can just go and shove him a couple of feet, and usually he unsticks. it IS annoying though, and not something I have noticed with other companions.
-he does disapear when you send him to a settlement with NOTHING so 0 food 0 water 0 people and you can get him back in 24 game hours by adding a bed to the settlement
^^ I just had him disappear instantly in front of me when he hit "idolizes" state. just... *poof* gone.
most definitely the buggiest of all the companions, having tried them all.
Regarding Strong and his liking of "jumping from high places" Edit
Can we get confirmation of this? It sounds like a load of nonsense and neither I nor others I have asked have been able to get this to happen. It seems to have no effect at all, nor does it cause any sort of verbal feedback from him. 22.214.171.124 19:37, December 24, 2015 (UTC)Frank O.
--I think this is an untrue statement. On PC, survival difficulty, I built a platform to the build height in Sanctuary. Using the console to check the value I jumped off it with power armor on (the fall was fatal without it). I repeated several times and also tried quicksave/quickload between jumps. No change. I tried jumping off a rock face outside any settlement without power armor on that was high enough to cause damage but not death. No change. I also tried returning to Trinity Tower after recruiting strong and jumped off the midpoint (the high point of the final elevator ride after saving Strong). I tried this both with Strong at the top of the jump, and bottom. No change.
Additional likes? Edit
Just got a strong likes this and then strong admires you while in Sanctuary and I am not certain why. I had just taken a bunch of assult rifles out of his posession then overburdened-walked to trashcan carla and clicked barter when it popped up and I am not sure which of these actions resulted in the like. Has this happened to anyone else or is it likely just coincedence?
- It might be there was some delay in the message appearing from a previous action that he liked. I've heard a lot of reports that the 'X likes that' messages can be delayed for no apparent reason. Maybe you had accepted a Minuteman radiant quest while in Sanctuary?--126.96.36.199 13:56, February 23, 2016 (UTC)
Affinity Raised Making Chems? Edit
Was struggling to raise Strong's affinity and honestly just wanted to get the perk and be rid of him. I think he likes it when you make drugs. Then "Strong idolises you" pops up. Playing console version so can't verify exactly what he liked but I can describe exactly what I did when it popped up:
1. I made a chemistry station. 2. I made 10 Jet. 3. Profit!
If anyone has the PC version and can test using the command console, then please share on the page. I won't add it to the page as I can't verify it.
Strong affinity thowards theft / stealing Edit
Strong's affinity lowers by 1.00 when the player steals something (take a item that is "red") from the world and from open containers.
- Affinity before stealing http://i.imgur.com/0jUq9T6.jpg
- Affinity after stealing http://i.imgur.com/78Ut6UY.jpg