Glitched Perk and Knockdown Edit
The entry mentions that the perk is glitched and that you get +5 DT as long as you are using a melee or unarmed weapon. Does this glitch also affect the anti-knockdown effect (can you still be knocked down if you are holding a rifle ect.)? 126.96.36.199 05:22, March 8, 2011 (UTC)Bad Jack McCreed
Even buggier than reported Edit
From the article:
"This perk is bugged. It will actually give you +5 DT as long as you are using a melee or unarmed weapon, not the attacker. The DT bonus is valid for all forms of damage."
It's a bit buggier than that (at least in my game). Equipping a melee weapon for the first time after getting this perk gave my character +5 DT exactly as stated above, however, the +5 DT remained after unequipping it and putting the weapon away. As soon as I equip a gun, however, the +5 DT comes off and then returns the moment I unequip the gun. So, basically my character has a +5 DT bonus applied at all times (even with no weapon in my inventory) except in instances when I'm carrying a gun.--188.8.131.52 10:29, July 5, 2011 (UTC)
- no dude, it's not complicated. your are "unarmed" that would naturally qualify if this is bugged.
Perk still bugged Edit
"Prior to patch 184.108.40.2065, this perk was bugged. Rather than increase your DT versus melee and unarmed attacks, it would instead increase your DT if you had a melee or unarmed skill type weapon equipped. New engine functionality in the patch allowed for this perk to be corrected, and it now functions as intended."
No, it doesn't function as intended. It's still bugged. Selecting the perk immediately adds 5 DT to the player. That +5 DT remains in place at all times except in instances when the player is equipped with a gun (and possibly energy weapons or explosives, though I haven't tested). If the player switches from a gun to a melee/unarmed weapon, or simply unequips the gun, the 5 DT comes back again.--220.127.116.11 08:25, July 14, 2011 (UTC)
- This is a display error and also happens with Hit the Deck. See that talk page for more information.--SushiSquid 13:39, July 26, 2011 (UTC)
- A tag was stuck on that. I don't know what better verification I can give than "I checked it in the GECK and tested it in-game myself," but go test it yourself if you want. I've still removed the verification note because I've already verified it. Stonewall and Hit the Deck do work correctly, they just have display bugs claiming they don't.--SushiSquid 00:13, July 27, 2011 (UTC)
For what it's worth, I can confirm Stonewall is functioning properly. For the test case where the player is not wearing any apparel and has no other DT perks except Stonewall, when the player is shot there is no DT applied (shield icon does not appear) but when the playing is being punched DT is applied (shield icon does appear). The reason the +5 DT shows up in the Pipboy is that the Conditions: Attacker section of the Modify Damage Threshold (defender) perk entry in Stonewall is blank. Because it is blank the game will consider even the player as an attacker, which is why when the player is unarmed or equipped with a melee weapon the +5 shows up. Putting a condition GetIsID Player != 1 in the Conditions:Attacker section will make the +5 in the Pipboy go away. BrokenDetonatorCollar 23:31, August 15, 2011 (UTC)
Knockdown effects Edit
Are they actually listed anywhere on the wiki? 18.104.22.168 14:43, August 12, 2011 (UTC)
- I don't think they're listed anywhere. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the bighorner's charging attack. You can gain knockdown effects from Super Slam! and And Stay Back, but I can't think of any others that affect you. I'm sure there are some.
- I had a crippled leg and was knocked down by the mech dogs in old world blues consistently. 22.214.171.124 04:58, December 2, 2011 (UTC)
Could the perk picture been changed because of Marvel? That looks an awful lot likt the Thing from Fantastic 4