- 1 Let's say I wanna be a stealth boy junky myself are there any merchants who sell?
- 2 Removed improper edit.
- 3 Addiction???
- 4 Mod tip removed
- 5 more detail
- 6 Where to find Stealth Boys in Old World Blues
- 7 Roboscorpions
- 8 Dead Money Stealth boys?
- 9 any can be found in the footlockers at Camp Golf
- 10 Robot Compliance Test
- 11 Roboscorpions and Stealth Boys?
Let's say I wanna be a stealth boy junky myself are there any merchants who sell?[edit source]
So far I have found only randomized Stealthies in merchants' inventory, never someone reliably selling one (or more) Namad 07:32, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
can somebody tell me where i can buy stealthboys? Way1: Get stealth boys in Fallout New Vegas
There are several of them at the REPCONN Test Facility, east of Goodsprings. One is just inside after you have entered it. Unfortunetly for me I used all of them already so I am still looking for others, no luck yet. Update: nope scratch that, I just found two of them on the top floor of the REPCONN Facility, inside the REPCONN Test Facility in a safe.
Way2: Get stealth boys in Fallout New Vegas
Benny gets killed by the Legion (well atleast for me), but you still get the Karma :D. Also, if you haven't picked the safe at the school in Goodsprings, there is a Stealth Boy in the safe. If you haven't hit the Rocket building by Novac, go there. Tight quarters with tons of Nightkin. You'll walk out with 8-12 Stealth
I don't know if this is always the case, but Cliff Briscoe had 9 of them. I'm nearing the end, so I didn't expect to find so many at once. Maybe I sold him a lot, so this may not be a solution. 22.214.171.124 21:44, November 2, 2010 (UTC)
They seem to have really reduced the amount of stealth boys in comparison to FO3, I'm level 30 and so fari've only come across a few: one in the goodsprings safe, about 8 in the REPCONN test site, and 1 that I stole out of Nellis Hangar from the boomers' store. I didn't know there were so few so i didn't use them too strategically when I started. I've NEVER come across them being sold by merchants, it such a pain because i like to use them to carry out assassinations and robberies without having to worry about a shootout afterward (which would of course involve returning fire: I get pissed off easily!) (Pseudoman 12:26, November 4, 2010 (UTC))
Going to REPCONN test site from Novac there are 2 dead nightkins and some feral ghouls at the first checkpoint. One of dead nightkins has stealth boy in his inventory. After 3 days both nightkin and ferals respawn and it seems that new stealth boy also appear on one of the nightkins.
Removed improper edit.[edit source]
(No effects on humans? Is everyone forgetting the circle of steel? Or are people not considering that cannon?),
Removed following text by the no side effects part, since it does not suit. Leaving it off here to let it remain as discussion. Not certain who added it, but i'm certain enough that it should not be in the page itself and rather the talk page.
Doctor Henry at Jacobstown stated that it MAY have an effect on humans,although significantly reduced compared to the effect it has on the nightkin.So it should prolly be removed that it doesnt have any effect on humans,since we dont know that for sure.126.96.36.199 22:24, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
Are we sure that there is a possibility of an addiction? I have been playing for a long time, and I've used many stealth packs, but never thought that there was a possibility of addiction. Also, under addiction, it just says "yes". If there is truly a possibility for addiction, there needs to be a bit more information there anyway.--Zachary Solt 00:17, May 19, 2011 (UTC)
- No. stealth packs do not have a chance for addiction, this is because there is no such thing as a stealth pack in Fallout. --KKotton 02:25, June 24, 2011 (UTC)
- lol, glad that you could find humor in that. I accidentally mixed up the words stimpack and stealth boy. haha --Zachary Solt 17:58, June 24, 2011 (UTC)
Mod tip removed[edit source]
this was a rather opinionated little workshop but it belongs on geck.bethsoft.com
- It is possible to change the effect application through the toolset so that it gets dispelled if player is in combat or if enemies are actively searching for the player, otherwise the effect is too powerful, this is a general problem with the Chameleon effect in all Bethesda games. Create a placeholder effect and link it to the stealth boy ingestible, applying the effect for 120 seconds if the stealth boy user doesn't have the Stealthgirl perk, for 240 seconds otherwise. Use ScriptEffectStart to add an ability granting 100 Sneak and 75 Chameleon. Use ScriptEffectFinish to remove this ability when the effect expires. Use ScriptEffect. Update to check if user==player and player is in combat. Combat for the player character is considered anything that changes the HIDDEN message at the top of the screen while sneaking (so BOTH search AND detect). Dispel the effect if player is in combat, otherwise if user!=player, ignore. SCAON is no longer necessary, as the effect will not be applied if player is in combat in the first place, and if the user is an NPC, it's pointless, as the game obviously cannot force the player sitting in front of the computer to cancel combat on enemies.
- The Item Code for the stealth boy is 00043E94 (can be used for the 'player.additem' console command).
more detail[edit source]
in notes it says ncr and legion hand out stealthboys yet does not go into detail on how ncr give out stealthboys. can someone add or tell me as i'm siding with ncr and i have no idea how to get them from the ncr?
Where to find Stealth Boys in Old World Blues[edit source]
The Robot Compliance Test is impossible and no guide can help me with it, is there anywhere that i can find any Stealth Boys?
- The robots have an extremely limited detection radius during that test. And they always patrol the same paths. Take a roundabout path and you'll be able to sneak up on them no problem. Only real problem during the test is the proximity mines, which Stealth Boys won't help against. 06:39, August 1, 2011 (UTC)
Use the third-person camera to see where the bots are facing. Also, before any robot patrol route there normally is a wall you can take cover in. Peek around with the tp camera. For the first, use the wall next to the doorway, then for the second, use a table behind a wall, third one: bookcase in a hallway. Should be easy enough I'm just no good with explosives 03:24, August 8, 2011 (UTC)
Just so you guys know, I have killed a few Roboscorps in OWB that dropped stealth boys. Don't know if it's a regular thing but if so that could be a source of stealth boys too.188.8.131.52 06:05, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
Yep, I've had this happen too. AR700SAW 11:02, August 12, 2011 (UTC)
Dead Money Stealth boys?[edit source]
Is there any to be found in the Dead Money add-on? Deathsteel 17:45, December 25, 2011 (UTC)
- If you have it, feel free to check for me. But I played through it twice, once very thoroughly, and I found no stealth boys whatsoever. Also, I've never seen a Dead Money article listing Stealth Boy under the 'loot' section. -Love, ΣΔ 18:13, December 25, 2011 (UTC)
any can be found in the footlockers at Camp Golf[edit source]
I went through every footlocker at Camp Golf and did not find a single one on the XBOX 360
Robot Compliance Test[edit source]
After getting at least 30 stealth boys consecutively I can say that this test guarantees stealth boys after the first test in which you get the sneak skill book, not just that it "may" give them as the article says. In light of this I've made the appropriate edit.
Roboscorpions and Stealth Boys?[edit source]
So I've noticed a roboscorpion at the forbidden zone dome entrance dropping a stealth boy and also respawning - can anyone else ratify this? If so, I'll add it to possible locations - I know I've got two stealth boys this way which makes me doubt it's random. --Jojobobo (talk) 22:45, August 30, 2014 (UTC)