Why would they make another jingwei's shock sword? Every time I hear more about this add-on, my mind wanders as to how much of a piece of shit it will be. SplittingTheAtom 22:38, 20 July 2009 (UTC)
- Well, I dunno, I'm looking forward to this. I hope the Shock Baton will have a "stun" effect, which will be NICE for a melee character... similar to Paralyzing Palm, which is a big help to the "unarmed" characters. And even if it doesn't have any added stun effect, I'm still excited about Zeta. It will fit into (and expand) Fallout lore quite nicely, and it will bring us a whole new arsenal of high-tech weaponry. But we'll just have to wait and see! 18.104.22.168 06:45, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- Firstly, I thought the same as the first user. But then, I remembered that in Fallout 3, there aren't much damage types, unlike in Fallout 1/2. So, the Jingwei's Shock Sword and the Shock Baton has as much in common as Jingwei's Shock Sword and any other weapon. Just their kill animation could be the same. --- Blackened (unregistered) 15:56 (GMT +02:00 time zone) 21 July
- I removed my self-important rambling from this page. Sorry for posting it. I was in a mood. Won't happen again. :D 22.214.171.124 07:38, 23 July 2009 (UTC)
It's ok, I've regained a bit of trust in Beth for allowing us to go back to the ship (Alien Epoxy FTW!) SplittingTheAtom 18:43, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
- This better look like Specialist Cross's shock baton from Prototype!
First thing I thought of when I saw this was the Stunstick from Half-life 2 WouldYouKindly 21:25, 24 July 2009 (UTC)
Ha! I thought that too WouldYouKindly. But itjust may be a regularBaton but with shock effect.-FalloutFreek
What about the glow rods from Demolition Man? --LordVukodlak 21:31, 24 July 2009 (UTC)
It's possible that the stun baton is simply like the kind modern security guard carry in which it's simply a baton only with two small prongs coming from the end of it.
I think it looks like the anal probe from southpark
i made a pic of the baton but i dont know how to add it properly can anyone help.... nevermind i worked it out
ok so i made the pic fought it looks quite good anyway enjoy .crisscross1993
Unique shock baton Edit
I found this weapon deep inside the engine room. I don't know exactly where but it's in a side room on a table. It's called the Electro-Suppressor. I will upload a pic if you don't believe me.
The Electro-Suppressor has it's own item page.
See http://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Electro-Supressor for more info.
Possible Half-Life 2 Reference? Edit
If you've ever played Half-Life 2, you know that in the beginning of the game, you meet Combine Guards equipped with Shock Batons. From what I've heard about Mothership Zeta [haven't DL'ed yet], the alien guards on the ship have the same thing. Could this be a reference, or is it too likely that it's coincidental to be called that? Broeman 11:00, 5 August 2009 (UTC)
Considering there is an actual weapon in the real world that looks like this I doubt its a reference to half life. --Bottrot 19:49, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
- I think that trivia "reference" needs to be removed. It could be a "reference" to the Cattle Prod in the previous Fallouts, or *gasp* not a reference at all! 126.96.36.199 21:34, 26 August 2009 (UTC)
- im removing it, they are very different in appearence, with the alien being shiny, silver, tapered, blue accents, smooth curves, and the half life one being a black and orange cylinder on a stick -baalazmon
Okay, so I'm horribile for cc inv'ing NPCs that you only get to see once... so when I INV'ed the wastelander that gets claw'ed at teh very beginning, I found a <missing name> item... its a shock baton, but without the degen, different pipboy symbol, and (im not sure - not 100 melee) different damage, also different weight if I remember... anyone feel like checking this out who has more skill? im not sure if it merits anything. -person who is very sorry for the anon add but is too lazy right now to register. 188.8.131.52 21:31, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
Same anon back... not sure if anybodys reading this page... I felt like messing around with that shock baton, and found out it has 0AP (maybe 1) cost and on crits it does knockdown... 184.108.40.206 18:06, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
There are plenty of unused weapons like that in the game's files. We're currently figuring out a page layout for those kinds of articles. Nitty 18:10, 20 August 2009 (UTC)