I believe this statement is false:
"An NPC designated as Settler is not protected from death in the same manner as a Provisioner or Companion. If the player is present when an attack on a settlement is underway, settlers can be killed. Such deaths can result in a decrease in a settlement's happiness."
In my experience (PS4,) I've had Provisioners die, but Settlers collapse to the ground like a wounded companion and get back up once the fight is over.
For example, I had a deathclaw span under the bridge near the Drive-In and it attacked a Provisioner who was traveling under the bridge. My turrets immediately fired on the deathclaw and my Settlers ran outside to fight it. I witnessed one Settler, my General Store vender, get swiped by the deathclaw. She was flung for a distance and remained on the ground after until the fight was over, a similar behavior to companions when they take too much damange. However, the original Provisioner was in pieces by the bridge.
I've also had Settlers caught within the blast of a SM Suicider display the same non-dying behavior.
I don't know if there is some circumstance where Settlers can die, but I know for a fact that Provisioners can be killed.
I feel there should be a section (if not a separate page) for NPCs you can encounter and move to one of your settlements (Vault-Tec rep, Tina De Luca, Rylee, etc.). Thoughts? Are there enough to constitute creating a section or a page for them?
Flavoredsharpie (talk) 00:48, February 11, 2016 (UTC)
- I think that would usually be regulated toward their character pages. --Falloutghoul (talk) 19:14, May 2, 2016 (UTC)
- I can't help but notice that some of the Settlers in the Commonwealth bear an uncanny resemblance to Lance Henriksen. If you don't know who that is, he's the actor that played Bishop the android in the Alien movies. They even have not only the same face, but the same hairstyle as Bishop. Take a look at this picture and tell me if anyone's seen some Settlers that look like him. Jykale (talk) 17:25, June 17, 2016 (UTC)
Some of my settlers are randomly dying. No attacks, I am sided with the Institute, so no aggressive synts-settlers, food and water supplies are more then needed, my charisma is 10+1 and there are less than 21 settlers. Is it a bug?Faust-RSI (talk) 23:54, September 23, 2016 (UTC)
Improvement suggestions to the articleEdit
- Introducing the Far Harbor settler in the article, with pictures.
- Documenting the related quests.
- Clarifying the locations.
All settlers and provisioners are protected by game the same way i.e. they cannot be killed by hostile NPCs. No bullets, explosion from enemies can kill them. Enemies can only knock them down. But they are not essential as companions because player character can kill them, either intentionally or accidentally. Settlers, travelling merchants, provisioners are all protected.
So the wording on the notes section - An NPC designated as Settler is not protected from death in the same manner as a provisioner or companion. - is somewhat inaccurate.