Brotherhood on my game were telling me he was in the lab. I only came here after 20 mins of running around looking for him.Suntelia 02:56, 21 November 2008 (UTC)
Getting the Perk EarlyEdit
It may be worth noting that there is a way to get the perk/training early in the game before the primary quest outside of the vault. There is a [video] of the exploit being performed utilizing; world geometry holes to fall through the primary world geometry and walking "under" everything to the inside of the Citadel. I haven't tried this myself, so if someone could confirm this exploit and perhaps if its worth it mentioning update the page? [Video Link] --Cryonix 08:31, 7 January 2009 (UTC)
Yes there is a way of getting traning early, ive done it myself because im not really into doing the main story line. Youve got to swim across the river near that yellowish bridge, or else you have to fight lots of mutants instead of just running by them on the other side of the river (The Galaxy News Side). You then sneak past some more mutants and get to a rubble pile, do some neat jumping, fall through, take some left turns, climb a mound of rubble and fall down through a piece of concreat to the massive desert like plian under the map. You go through a door and your there. If you talk to some of the NPC's or hack some computers it skips the main quest line a bit and puts you at 3/4 of the way through. The reason you swim across the river is because the whole point of the quest is to get power armour training at a low level, and you cant fight al the supers over the other sid. Just look it up on You Tube, there are really good videos- Dez Tag 45
I, too, noticed that you can start wearing power armor after completing the this DLC. Was it explained somewhere in the dialog? I don't recall a moment in it akin to Gunny's "relax your muscles" or whatever advice he gave. Also, I played OA as a stealth guy so I'm not aware of any wearing of power armor in the campaign itself. Can somebody confirm an explanation given during the OA? 18.104.22.168 21:51, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
- Nope, no explanation. Not as I can recall anyway. Like you I completed Operation Anchorage and suddenly gained the ability to wear the Armor of Power. And AFAIK you aren't given any Power Armor to equip during O:A. Headcrab 01:05, 22 March 2009 (UTC)
You get the Power Armor perk so when you get the winterized T-51b armor you dont have to wait for the Waters of Life to wear it.
"Equipping Charon with Power Armor is not recommended. As a ghoul, he regains health slowly by exposure to radiation. Power Armor has radiation resistance and thus he will not heal naturally. "
Is it just me or is this a silly tip? "Companions are restored to full health at the end of combat, after all nearby enemies are dead," it says on the Fallout 3 followers page. Headcrab 01:05, 22 March 2009 (UTC)
I've noticed in 3 games so far that he (Charon) does not regain health when wearing power armor. This is with the game fully patched. It's in the notes section because I found it useful. If it were under anything else other than a "note" than sure remove it. But it is just a note.Kingclyde 01:27, 22 March 2009 (UTC)kingclyde
- How about removing the "recommendation" and just keeping the note? :P I'm sure you're right about him not being able to heal from radiation while wearing Power Armor. --Headcrab 01:41, 22 March 2009 (UTC)
- Fixed --kingclyde 02:40, 22 March 2009 (UTC) kingclyde
After receiving Power Armor Training from Paladin Gunny, my character's skin (which I had set as pale caucasian at the start of my game) changed to the tanned skin tone common to most wastelanders on all parts except for his head. Has this happened to anyone else? It's rather distracting (if a tad comical) to see a man with an eerily pale face but with bronzed, golden arms every time you go into VATS.
Jack Splat 01:09, 24 April 2009 (UTC)
Not a glitch Edit
This location is actually ment to be there. After I got to GNR I decieded it would be good to have some P A training at the time. I used the TCL command to get through the gate and so on. After asking Cross to be my companion I fired her Immeadiately becuase I remembered Charon was a bit more "stronger" then I was curious to how she would get in the citadel i followed here to the rubble and she suddenly faded. I discorvered her in the Citadel's Lab after this.
Training for helmets??? Edit
I don't understand this, why did they tie the use of power armor helmets to this perk? You only have to put them on, nothing else!Amitakartok 21:04, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
That a bug? Edit
Hi, I've noticed that I'm able to wear PowerArmour right after reaching adultness [or Quest CG04]. I played for a wghile and got the Perk "PowerArmour Training" and was all like "what the?", since I'm running around in Enclave PowerArmour since the time where Dad was killed. So I'd like, click "New Game" and play till Dad runs off the Vault, as soon as Amata hands me the gun, I cheat some PowerArmour [to find out the source of the glitch], and ta-da - here I stand, all clad up in some Enclave PA. That's BS, first of all, I only like the looks of Enclave PA's, and secondly, that's not supposed to be that way! But I haven't changed a damn thing. First time I got the game ages ago, I remember running around in PA all the time, all without some random Training!? But well, I'm playing with some selfmade-mods [none of which changes armour!] and all DLC's, the mods change some VATS-things like max. Range and Camera behaviour, Dismemberment Chance, as well as replacing some ammo types. Anyone as puzzled as I am?
- It's not a bug in the game. Check over your mods with FO3Edit to make sure you didn't accidentally add that perk, or do something to cause it to be added, or something. Kris (talk) 13:44, August 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Well I just checked and I never did touch any of the Perks or Armours. It just doesn't tell me anything important or related to armour or "pa training" has been altered, it should appear in the GECK's option to show the "details" of a ".esp"-File. But all I see is lots of my modified GMST (GameSettings), SNDS (Sounds) and the tutorial Quests I modified to run a bit faster (esp. the Baby-Intro). Guess as soon as you change something, anything under Gamesettings, it bugs the heck out of the PowerArmour. Strange is, the Trainer for PowerArmour is nowhere to be found, I looked all over the Citadel (even with console command "twf" to see if he's stuck in the ceiling or walls), and I'm all done with MQ and BrokenSteel. But hey, I get to wear PA without cheating, that's something, =].
- The glitch comes from the Operation Anchorage DLC. After getting the DLC, I started a new game and immediately went to do Operation Anchorage, and was immediately able to put on the T-51b armor, even though it was the first mission i did. I wasn't able to wear power armor prior to getting the perk on any other playthroughs.
- That's not a bug. That's how Opeation: Anchorage works. If you obtain power armor while in the sim, you won't be able to wear it unless you got training before entering. --Kris 20:52, October 21, 2010 (UTC)
The Pitt Edit
- No. You must have power armor training from another source before you can wear either Ashur's power armor or the Tribal power armor. --Kris 18:17, September 30, 2010 (UTC)
Ahh, thanks for clearing that up for me AR700SAW 18:56, September 30, 2010 (UTC)
The note about companions using power armor without training Edit
"All humanoids except the player and certain companions can use Power Armor without the need of special training, even children. "
Has anyone verified this? In F:NV I tried giving Cass power armor and it said she couldn't wear it and it dropped to the ground. After I received power armor training, she could use it.
Was it plain power armor or the brotherhood variant(says brotherhood in inventory)? Followers can't wear body armor(chest pieces) of another faction that they aren't part of. Ex. Boone won't wear any legion armor chest pieces how ever he will wear the legion helmet, He also won't wear brotherhood power armor but will wear the helmet.
She is wearing T-45d power armor. That may be the reason, I did have brotherhood armor and that could have been what I tried giving her initially.
I was able to give her Brotherhood T-51b and have her wear it. Also, it's not so much that they can't wear body armor of another faction, it's more to the point that they can't wear a disguise. --Kris 22:08, November 2, 2010 (UTC)
Fallout New Vegas Power armor trainingEdit
Hi.. I blew up the BOS Hidden Valley Bunker and sided with the Legion.. I have done all the Legions quests and are now only waiting for the second battle of hoover dam to begin... How can I get this perk now? Arcade doesn't want to side with me.. saying I am a "bad guy"..
What happened to training in Fallout 4 Edit
I know the game play reasoning behind Power Armor Training not being in Fallout 4, but I am wondering if their is some form of lore behind this. I mean I could understand the Male Sole Survivior being able to wear it as he was a solider. But his lawyer of a Wife? Better yet, how do the Raiders wear it? Or was Power Armor Training just a thing that the Brotherhood used to troll people in the last two games?
Probably used by the Brotherhood to troll people. Either that, or an artificial way Bethesda put in to limit players from getting powerful armor too early in the game. Nethaufer (talk) 18:59, December 3, 2015 (UTC)