Wrong Weapon Info? Edit
It looks like the info on this weapon needs to be updated. because the final version of the Perforator is a unique version of the Infiltrator that has a slower rate of fire, lower spread, and causes more damage. I'm guessing the Article is using details from a DLC demo or something that is now incorrect.
- The weapon stats are correct but I wrote the description based on faulty assumptions. Because it was repairable with Assault Rifle parts, I assumed it was an assault rifle. As you say, it isn't. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 15:50, 25 March 2009 (UTC)
thanks for fixing it, it was bugging me for some reason :p --Swizzler 15:58, 25 March 2009 (UTC)
Weapon spread Edit
I noticed that the weapon spread listed in this article is the weapon's Spread stat in GECK (3.0), but for other weapons the Min Spread appears to be listed as their spread instead, from what I've seen. So I changed it and put in the Min Spread (0.5) instead, which also seems to be the correct one from testing the weapon in-game. OverLord of Chaos 09:16, 26 March 2009 (UTC)
crit multiplier Edit
It was listed as x2. On the weapons page, it was listed as x.25, which makes a LOT more sense (every other automatic weapon in the entire game has a crit multiplier less than 1), so I updated it. Change it back if the x.25 is wrong. Some Sort 20:57, 26 March 2009 (UTC)
So... this seems kinda useless (both unique and non-unique versions). Sure, the concept is nice but it just doesn't work right. The damage is low, which makes the silenced part pointless, since you cant kill anyone fast, and the spread makes the effective range quite low, making the scope pointless. And honestly..a silenced sniper rifle would be much more useful. I'l stick to using my silenced sniper from Weapon Mod Kit (customizable weapon mod). Just my opinion, feel free to disagree.
i disagree(don't go crazy, its all opinion). this weapon wasn't meant to be compared with the sniper rifle. it also wasn't all about the damage which it has a normal damage.i really like this weapon because its accurate(bullets stay in straight line), the scope, and the high damage( considering its a silenced plus scoped weapon). once again, u have a MODDED weapon. if you want to argue about the game's weapons, make sure u use the actual weapons form the game not some modded super weapon.
I also disagree. The Perforator is not supposed to be a jack-of-all-trades weapon. As for the damage, I play on Hard only and have no problem taking out entire squads of enemies without raising raising beyond the caution level of awareness. It can kill almost any human, silently, with VATS headshots (barring the enemy's use of power armor.) Combine with the Chinese Stealth Suit for an almost absurdly easy to play scenario. At level 12 I walked through the Capitol getting noticed... maybe twice?
Still, i'm sure we all agree that a silenced sniper would make more sense. Sure, its a decent weapon (much better than the vanilla silenced 10mm for sure) but i don't really see the point of a short range silenced weapon since you cant hide during combat. --188.8.131.52 14:58, 2 April 2009 (UTC)
- I actually disagree- a silenced sniper would just kill it all. Imagine being at maximum shooting range with unlimited stealth field, picking off everything without anyone the wiser- even missing wouldn't arouse any attention, and the only thing you'd have to worry about is being caught in tunnel-vision with something sneaking up on you, and that's IF it could see you.--Kajex Firedrake 00:38, 4 April 2009 (UTC)
I might as well throw my opinion in here. I find the gun useless on Very Hard. It doesn't kill fast enough to keep the warning in the [CAUTION] zone. I get detected almost immediately. Perhaps it has some practical use on Normal difficulty, where its damage is lethal enough. I prefer Lincoln's Repeater or the Blackhawk (both noisy guns) for sneak attacks over this gun. --Dthvirus 01:03, 4 April 2009 (UTC)
- Agree, unless Bethesda have fixed the sound detection, I would sneak through corridors and blow super mutants heads off with a combat shotgun or .44 pistol. Provided it was a one shot kill, none of the other NPCs heard it, no matter how close. All the video seemed to show is that the Perforator shoots straight, (which is great!). I did get the Infiltrator, but it was so inaccurate it was useless. Given some of the opinions here talk about using the Chinese stealth suit, how do other weapons fair while wearing it?
- If you can't shoot the thing without getting detected, you need to raise your sneak skill, equip the Chinese Stealth Suit and use VATS. Of course if your sneak skill is at 30 and you try to go full on Rambo on Paradise Falls wearing Power Armor, you'll get caught. But I am able to take out whole rooms of aliens in Mothership Zeta with it, even in Very Hard, using a character with high stealth skill, the Stealth Suit, and by being patient and careful, and using VATS almost exclusively. I can even shoot enemies that are already in [CAUTION] mode with it and still not get caught.
As Much as I'd love to get my hands on this weapon a certain no clip roof keeps killing me. On the other hand I play on very hard/ hard all the time. Which also ruined the Gauss Rifle, which not only is useless in vats is limited to shooting high in sniping mode, but you can still make do. The point is, the Gauss rifle is powerful but not one shot one kill and very loud, the perforator is also not one shot one kill but is quiet so it has the advantage of less of a detection at closer range where as if your far enough away no one is going to hear a Gauss rifle. They have effective ranges but aren't perfect weapons. You have to pick the weapon best suited for the job. Which if I'm trying to kill everything I'll just plow through everyone with a heavy incinerator and clean up with the rapid torch flamer.Aryeonos 10:27, 9 July 2009 (UTC)
This weapon is THE choice for a higher stealth level player, with the Superior Defender and Ghoul Ecology Perk. Even without the cheated ghoul perk (Bethesda made an error, the perk affect every enemy on the game, not only ghouls), the weapon is silent and can knock out Brutes and Masters easily. Combined with the Chinese Stealth Armor and 100 sneak skill I was able to kill 5 Super Mutant Masters without been detected (level 28, very hard setting). The only drawback is the item HP, very low, so take a Assault Rifle with you for repairs. But if the player favor open assault and rapid shooting, forget it, this is not a weapon for it. Also this weapon favor the very stealth player, so if you don't use Chinese Stealth Armor there are better weapons in this class, like the Xuanlong Assault Rifle. Brfritos 05:18, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
Woohoo time for my 2cents!! My character(at least the better of them all) is a stealth god at 100 stealth, 100 small guns, and has almost every perk for damage/acuracy. Using the Chinese stealth suit and this gun on Very hard, I was able to get through Zeta, Point Lookout, and the Pitt without dying at all. This weapon is good for picking off select targets at close-ish range, the scope should be used for headshots outside VATS. Using this gun, i was able to take out the Behemoth in Takoma park relatively quickly(compared to just blowing him sky high). Granted, this gun isn't for everyboy, just like the Firelance isn't for those who want to search randomly. But I recommend carrying it at all times, just in case.--Demos99 14:51, October 11, 2009 (UTC)
- I figured out a pretty nice use for this weapon in certain situations. Use it to blow up vehicles undetected. While you can conceivably do this with a Silenced 10mm Pistol as well, the scope on this allows you to stay out of range of most enemies detection, and you can just unload on the vehicles they stand around and them. While some will go into "caution" state, you should be far enough away that they won't know where you are, and they will probably be dead before they even start to search. It is pretty bad ass actually, except the drawback that you don't get EXP for killing them this way. It helps to knock off a bit of health for tougher enemies though. --Jimimorrison 02:21, October 17, 2009 (UTC)
i really like this gun, it and the Gauss are my favourites. definitely for a stealthy character. i have found that even at far out ranges the weapon is accurate enough to use, and if you miss, they don't usually notice. further evidence that it ideal for stealth use is that, at least by my late night calculations, it does more damage with sneak attacks than even the Xuanlong.
Just noticed that it mentioned that it cant be repaired by the infiltrator which is wrong as ive tested it a few times before and each time i have managed to do it perfectly fine so im guessing that whoever wrote the info must of been guessing and didnt think to test it multiple times so i changed the article. If anybody does find any proof that they cant repair it then could they put it down as a glitch.--184.108.40.206 13:05, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
-- This is a confirmed bug. On my account you cannot repair the Perforator with an Infiltrator or vice versa.
Use with companionsEdit
Followers can use this weapon very effectively. It makes fights against bigger groups easier since the weapons are silenced. The weapon is also effective against Super Mutants and Ideal against Raiders. Also kills Enclave quite easily. I went into Springvale to test it out and I was able to kill all the enemies with my companion and I carrying Infiltrators and Perforators.I think this weapon is great. It is also stronger than a standard assault rifle. I have a small guns skill of 100 so it might just be stronger for those kind of people. So I would say it is ideal to have.PitifulKnight 20:24, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
i just thought id note, you can only get 1 perforater in the game, and about 4 infiltrators, just fyi..Toolazytomakeaaccount 04:41, October 17, 2009 (UTC)
Anything kills anything easy with a skill of 100. It is actually weaker than the assault rifle and even weaker against Chinese/Xualong (28/30 dps vs 32/44/48). Silenced is useless against big groups unless the weapon has a big range and can kill fast (infiltrator isn't exactly great with either of those), because they enemies still notice you when you hit them.
Well I was able to take out a group of super mutants in front of the capitol building easily with it. I usually shoot at one before they can fire and the others don't even know what hit them. But I will test run other locations, maybe I have better luck with it.PitifulKnight 18:49, 29 March 2009 (UTC)
If you really want to have fun try it with the C.Stealth suit, and silent running. I was shooting people standing 2 feet from me and they just kept saying "who's there" "I must be hearing things" when you shoot from a distance they will run up to you but they still don't know where your at. I thought it was pretty cool.
With 100 sneak and Hei Gui suit, you can hack away at the ankles of a super mutant behemoth and it'll still run around like a retarded child and not know what's there, until it's walking on bloody nub stumps and then it'll be a little too late.
- Or for really gory fun -- use the Dismemberer (obtained in Point Lookout). Wunengzi 00:37, December 18, 2010 (UTC)
After longer use, I concede that the degrade isn't so bad (cheers for the edit) as long as you're targeting enough Assault Rifle wielders along the way. So, best with Raiders and Mutants in much the same way as Lincoln's Rifle is for Hunting Rifle collection. When wearing the Stealth Suit and targeting stronger enemies such as Deathclaw and Super Mutant Masters and Brutes, it's fun (and less ammo/degrade) to shoot once, place your favourite Mine just in front of you and then back away quickly... Verbal Earthworm
getting the weaponEdit
Okay I know you gotta bring in 90 steal ingots for the weapon, unfortunately that is impossible for me to do. thanks to the fact that the game was made by Bethesda and I'll never be able to get past the roof clipping. Is there a way I can mod through the Xbox 360 to get this weapon. The whole reason I got the Pitt was for this weapon, I'd really like to know some alternatives.
Stand on the roof just before where it clips. Save your game. Turn console off and then back on. Load game at that save. Roof will be normal and you won't fall through
Lol I tried that and the position of clipping changed, so I would always fall through the roof, at that location it really sucked. Luckily, Luckily I found an extra two on a far off pipe, which enabled me to get the weapon, otherwise Bethesda would have me beating down their door.
You can also delete The Pitt and re-download and it will fix the clipping problem. Scared the hell out of me the first time I fell through.
I had the same problem what you need to do is go on the structure above. Then save. Then you up onto the wall on the structure. Once there ninja walk on wall til you are above the ingots Save then jump. If you land right you can get ingots live then fast travel out to entrance of mill.
Fast degradation Edit
Could someone cofirm if the Perforator truly degrades faster than a regular Assualt Rifle? I've checked the R91's page and they have identical health (300), yet there is no mention of fast degradation there. --Sentinel 101 15:18, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
Good point. I don't know for sure, but from what I've seen, if there is a difference, it's pretty slight
i was messing around in point lookout today and decided to run some tests after one clip from the perforator it went down about an 1/8 of its full health and a regular assult rifle with about 1/8 health left and i could shoot 8 mags out of a assult rifle before breaking than my perforator.Lenov 01:46, 25 June 2009 (UTC)
I was heading through Freedom Station en route to Penn. Ave. to do Who Dares Wins. I was equipped with Chinese Stealth Armour and the Perforator. I was using the PipBoy when the game freezes. I turn off the 360 and reload. After reloading the autosave, the Perforator is gone! I loaded my previous save before that from about an hour and a half ago and it's still gone. Any other experiences of the sort? --220.127.116.11 21:41, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
After several reboots and reloads it suddenly appeared again. Too weird! 18.104.22.168 22:22, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
I had this problem, except with the Metal Blaster. What had happened is that I had purchased and installed The Pitt on another 360, and as long as I was on Xbox Live I could play The Pitt. I happened to disconnect my Ethernet one night and lo and behold my Pitt items disappeared. After I reconnected to the Live service they came back. The way I fixed it is by migrating all of my licenses to my 360. Seems a lot of people will have this issue after they send their 360 in to get the RRoD repaired too. Head to this link [] to migrate your licenses. You can only do it once a year though. Hope this helps! --Killchain 05:08, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
moved due to incorrect labeling VideosEdit
HOTT DAMN LOOK AT THIS Edit
so after i did point lookout (amazing, you should get it), with all of the new perks that add to your weapons damage, my Perforator somehow doubled in damage it does now. It used to be 42 now it does 84.....no idea y, but i think it just may be a glitch because it does do the damage the stat states quite right. Anybody else see this yet?
- I noticed the change in my Pip Boy but I haven't noticed much of a difference in combat... both in and out of VATs.
haha, whoops, i meant to say that it doesn't do the damage it's saying it should, so apparently we have the situation.
- Check the talk pages for Superior Defender and Ghoul Ecology... you'll see that both of those perks add +5 damage to EACH BULLET fired. That's not a big deal for a single-shot weapon, but automatic weapons have been getting a big damage boost from those perks (especially both of them). Ghoul Ecology is bugged, in that the damage bonus applies when shooting at all enemies, not just ghouls. Superior Defender DOES work correctly, in that you get the +5 damage to each shot only when you're standing still, BUT the Pip-Boy will show the damage bonus regardless. (Possibly because you always stop moving when you access the Pip-Boy?) If you want to actually RECEIVE the damage bonus from Superior Defender, however, you have to stand still. (The script is written correctly.) Since this weapon does 10 damage per bullet, and those two perks each add +5 damage per bullet (for a total of +10), then your observation is exactly right - the damage of the weapon has doubled (as long as you are not moving when you fire it!) 22.214.171.124 08:14, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
oh wow, yea, I'm defiantly going back to my stealthy ninja type of character build, lol!
yes, spectacular weapon with CSA/better criticals/silent running/ghoul ecology/superior defender. you can literally sit in crouch and fire all the 5.56 in your arsenal until the weapon breaks and yet remain undetected. if your follower is in danger of dying, you just break out ultra smg, chem up, and lay waste to multiple overlords in seconds. it's quite funny.
Weapon of choice in open territory to deal with Deathclaws and sentry bots... keep an eye out and use the scope, and most of the time they'll never realize what hit them. The puzzlement of the Deathclaws at being hit without being able to identify who is hitting them is very amusing. Wunengzi 00:29, December 18, 2010 (UTC)
effective combo Edit
since this is a chat for basic strategy's, I've found that Perforater+xhuang-long assault rifle+STA armor=pretty epic combo, you can bulk up on one type of ammo, get assault rifles/Chinese assault rifles from about the same enemys, with different spawn weapons, like a super mutant cant go anywhere without a super mutant master, as far as ive seen on my gameplay(lvl 30)that plus the operation anchorage infinite ammo glitch is ftw(got 554k 5.56mm ammo)Toolazytomakeaaccount 04:54, October 17, 2009 (UTC)
I am playing the game of the year edition on PS3 and with 100 small guns and 10 luck the pipboy claims that the perforator does 80 damage at full repair and the infiltrator does 81 even though the article claims the perforator is more powerful. Has anyone else experienced this?--126.96.36.199 02:04, January 1, 2010 (UTC)
Yep, same here - testing doesn't show any obvious difference in damage between the two, I'm stumped 188.8.131.52 16:33, August 20, 2010 (UTC)
- It's because the Perforator fires slower than the Infiltrator. The Infiltrator would have a slightly higher or equal DPS, but a lower damage per shot. Nitty Tok. 16:36, August 20, 2010 (UTC)
I know this is super late, but this is because the damage listed is the VATS attack damage. You probably have the Ghoul Ecology and/or Superior Defender perk which increases damage PER SHOT. The Infiltrator does three shots per each VATS attack where the Perforator only does two. So in VATS the infiltrator effectively gets 15/30 extra damage per attack round where the Perforator only gets 10/20 so that's why it shows it as being more. To more properly test this to confirm, try free aiming and doing sneak attack critical shots. You'll see that one shot with the Perforator does more damage than one shot with the Infiltrator. Since the main use of this gun comes from using it scoped mode, the VATS damage is irrelevant and you'll still want to use the Perforator --184.108.40.206 15:47, February 15, 2012 (UTC)
Alien Power Cell Glitch Edit
Sometimes when i shoot it in vats it drops alien power cells as shells and i can pick them up. Has anyone else seen this?
- 1) It's good to be you, I guess and 2) that has never happened to me ever. It doesn't even sound plausible. Best regards, Kastera talk 22:04, March 16, 2011 (UTC)
May have been Firelance dropping while in vats
WTF!! I handed in more than 90 ingots and i didn't get it! anyone know why?
- Keep saying "Here are a few ingots." until you have less than 10 in your inventory. Dbbolton 18:48, May 4, 2011 (UTC)