A blade forged by demons Edit
If you have Better Criticals, Elijah's Ramblings, and Just Lucky I'm Alive this is one of the highest damage melee weapons possible.
I'm undecided on using it. Seems very cool but it's the effectiveness i'm woried about
- I'm using a full-modded katana with a high-melee character (84 I think) whose only melee perk is Piercing Strike, and it's killing deathclaws no problem. It's really effective.--Haflinger 04:12, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
I think it's intended to replace Chance's Knife for people who don't take Cowboy or Grunt.Kara MacNamara 00:09, September 28, 2011 (UTC)
What does Unlabored Flawlessness do? Is it just like Back Slash (less damage for less AP) for other one-handed edged weapons? Or is it different, and possibly more powerful?
- Unlabored Flawlessness does an ungodly amount of damage, seems to be somewhere between double and triple the katana's regular attack damage, for about one and a half times the AP.--Haflinger 04:12, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
Is this a unique weapon?
- As I saw sometimes, Unlabored Flawlessness protects you against melee attacks, noted by a message. For the rest I think yes, I don't saw other katana somewhere since I bought one. Itachou [~talk~] 20:58, September 29, 2011 (UTC)
- If by "unique" you mean "counts towards the Curios & Relics achievement/trophy" then no, it's not. None of the GRA weapons do, they all count towards Master of the Arsenal instead.--Haflinger 04:12, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
Has anyone else noticed that the Katana glows as if superheated when you take fire damage?
Add to Main Weapon List Edit
The mods! Oh the humanity!!! Edit
I can't find the other mods for this!!! The only mod I have is the real blade, I can't find the sheath or the baance grip!!!! WHY Somebody help me fix this.
It will show up eventually. Just come back to the vender every couple of days.
The silver rush will have at least two since ralph sells no weapon mods. Lonesome courier 17:57, October 8, 2011 (UTC)
- I'll try it out, a lot of days have passed and still no Katana mods at all. The only one I do see on rare occasions is the authentic blade, which I already have. --Felix Brehh 18:41, October 8, 2011 (UTC)
- I got my mods from traveling salesmen. With GRA installed they seem to be the best place to go for mods.--Haflinger 04:13, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
Katana + all mods + Slayer = Well, the clue's in the last little portion of the sum.
The speed is ungodly. In fact, I can barely TEST this thing because it kills everything so fast. I catch so many critical hits that even deathclaws try running away from me >.<
Cliff Briscoe at Novac sells the mods, but oddly I've never seen him stock the katana itself. It's a bird! It's a plane! It's Otisman! 19:48, June 20, 2012 (UTC)
Possible Mick and Ralph Glitch Edit
For Mick and Ralphs, when Mick gives you acess to the extended inventory it seemed to remove the Katana from the list before the speech check on my game--, anyone else experience this?--SNUBBIRTH13 04:49, February 2, 2012 (UTC)Snub
The sheath glitch Edit
I'm on XBox, using a fully-modded GRA katana. I've seen it develop as many as three separate sheaths, and then have one of them jump off my character's hip and go flying in the air behind the PC.
It seems to lose sheaths one at a time when that happens. Usually it loses one either when switching weapons, or when coming out of VATS, or sometimes it seems like it loses one after having a conversation with an NPC.
Weirdest visual glitch ever. My follower sometimes runs into the sheath that's floating in the air (when I have one) and makes a banging sound; doesn't affect movement though, and I'm not playing a stealth character so not sure if it affects stealth.--Haflinger 04:05, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
Sheath glitch Edit
The explanation here was a little unclear for me: Xbox - "If modded with the protective sheath, it will be stuck in a glitched condition when the weapon's condition is at 100%. This can be fixed by repairing it with another katana, or a one-handed melee weapon with the Jury Rigging perk."
Does this mean that a brand new katana will stay at 100 percent condition permanently (unless repaired with another katana) after the mod was applied?