Bloodsucker vs Vampire
- I think we will have to wait and see, when the game comes out we can make a decision. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 07:01, October 16, 2018 (UTC)
Should the lowest level requirement be 1 or 2? I put 2 on some of the beginner cards because at level 1 player characters don't have any cards to equip, even if they could. Upon getting their first card, player characters automatically level up at the same time so all perk cards practically require level 2 at a minimum. Those beginner cards may not technically be level locked though, but we won't know without a game editor. I think marking 1 or 2 is better than leaving it blank because it will help with determining what level requirements that are still unknown. Dango39 🍡🙏 01:57, October 25, 2018 (UTC)
- I think, for the perks without an explicit level requirement, we should be ok to leave that field blank RedAntisocial (talk) 01:56, October 25, 2018 (UTC)
Two Identical Cards
I think this wording is a bit confusing. Does it just mean two cards that are the same perk? To get a rank 4 card does it have to be from two rank 2 cards? If so, how do you get a rank 3 card? The impression I've gotten is that you can combine a rank 2 card with a rank 1 card to get a rank 3 card. I get that you can't combine say blood sucker with lone wonderer or something weird like that, but saying identical to me implies they have to be the same in every way, including their rank. Maybe I'm just getting too bogged down in semantics? --Demonofsarila (talk) 07:40, October 30, 2018 (UTC)
- Weird, I was watching someone play and they couldn't combine a rank 1 and rank 2 card. I can confirm that you can combine two rank 2 cards into a rank 3 card (at least on cards that have a max of rank of 3) because I did that during the last beta window. --Demonofsarila (talk) 18:36, November 3, 2018 (UTC)
- Three things: 1) You can rank up any card to its max in one step increments if their max is three but you don't have to. For instance, if you have a card that you've ranked up to cost two points, receive a "third" one point card and are asked if you want to rank up, if you say no because you only have 2 points free in that SPECIAL, you can leave it lower and rank up later if desired by selecting it in the appropriate menu (the game will ask again). 2) If you have a card slotted in, no matter if it's maxed or not, you cannot put a second card of the same name in a perk slot even if you have room. For instance, If you have one "Hard Bargain" slotted in, of any rank, have a free slot count, you cannot put a second Hard Bargain in place. For instance; I had a rank 3 Hard Bargain & a rank 1 Hard Bargain with Charisma = 4. The game only allowed one card to be active at a time with no other cards being active in Charisma. (i.e. you can't "stack".) 3) Cards that have an initial cost of two, Lone Wanderer for instance, still have three ranks but the totals are four, one higher than the standard three. Each additional card shows a rank of two, but when joined together only add +1 to the rank. (Philbert) 2605:A000:1407:8269:CDCF:B21:B9C7:C377
Concerning Perk “Cost” Requirements
I noticed the “Cost” column was removed. I don’t disagree with that action, as there are very few cards that don’t cost something equal to their rank. There are some however, and we need some sort of agreed upon notation. Perhaps starting the card description with a Cost: 2 etc? Which would also cover cards that have other requirements, such as SPECIAL floors (CHA 7 while the card cost is still 1, etc).
- I agree that there should be some sort of note that the cost of the card isn't the same as the rank (but only for what few cards have a different cost). Either putting it in the description or rank column sounds good to me. I like the idea of it being bold in the description. --Demonofsarila (talk) 18:38, November 3, 2018 (UTC)
Weight reducing cards vs player's stash
I would like to suggest that a note be added regarding the weight reducing cards in the article. In short, they do not affect a player's stash box for reducing weights. Only for the player's inventory. Which is unclear in these perk cards' in-game description, currently. This disclaimer may help other players old or new, future players even, make more wise perk card decisions. Without this tidbit, players may unknowingly find their stash box full.
Meanwhile, I have re-specializing to do.
For anyone wondering if weight reducing cards are 'worthwhile' to acquire or invest in, not really. Good for carrying a lot of, say, weapons and armor as a jack of all trades to haul stuff around, but this does not affect items in your stash box, whatsoever. So if, for example, you have many heavy weapons with the 'Bear Arms' perk card, and are trying to store them in your stash. You'll discover that your stash is always full. For example, a missile launcher is still always 20 lbs while in your stash, same base weight goes for every heavy weapon affected by 'Bear Arms'. Same goes for the 'Sturdy Frame' card for armor, etc. I had realized my stash was tight on space because of these weight reducing cards that only affect your own inventory and not the stash's inventory. Canyon Light (talk) 06:49, April 10, 2019 (UTC)
- I am fairly certain that is noted on the Stash box's page, but I agree it should be added to the perk pages. Aiden4017 (talk) 07:17, April 10, 2019 (UTC)
- I agree, I'd note it on the individual perk card pages. --L84tea Would you like a cup of tea? 07:27, April 10, 2019 (UTC)
Perk Card Count
I may have a small correction to the total skill count. I was trying to find the minimum points to put in each skill to be sure I could maximize any skill. For example you would need to have at least 5 points in Intelligence to maximize any skill in that attribute, but you can get away with only 3 points in luck. I decided to go ahead and count all the skills and the points required to maximize each and I found my totals are slightly different than those on the page. I've included the data for reference. If anyone finds errors please let me know. Otherwise I propose changing the count to 206 skills and 541 points.--ElvisDumbledore - eschew obfuscation 15:45, June 23, 2019 (UTC)