Is it fair to assume that the new perk system is going to lean towards a more Skyrim type style? I am aware in Skyrim you used skills to progress along a perk tree, but with the apparent scrapping of skills and the focus on special, how are we to level up? Do we spend points on special? Or do we get to invest points in a tree? Bethesda seem to be tweaking their leveling systems dramatically lately - it seemed so simple in the Oblivion/FO3 days.
My only hope it doesn't dissolve into a fps in an open world. Thoughts?
- I don't think it gets any simpler than picking one perk every time you level up. Paladin117>>iff bored; 22:23, July 25, 2015 (UTC)
Problem with Perk Names. Edit
So as far as I can tell, A number of perks' have the same name from previous games, but different effects, and some perks have new names, but the same effects... we should probabbly figure out a way to get them all to link correctly.
Black widow vs Cherchez La Femme Edit
Is there any proof that it's black widow for female characters? It might be the opposite sex instead of more damage against women for both genders. Thatguy01 3:17 BST 25/09/15
Shoot through walls.Edit
If you look on level 9 perception perk, you can see someone dead behind a wall. probably means you can see them in V.A.T.S through walls, but can you shot through walls?
>> Perhaps a Gun Mod that allows shots to be armor piercing
Adding Perks without clear Info of what they actually are? Edit
Seems like alot of the perks have new names and new effects as previously mentioned, so I don't think we should be adding them all in strictly based on their Icons, Nice job to whoever sorted them by special though!
More precise info on stat increase per reading each individual magazine issue? Edit
Does anyone know the magnitude of permanent stat increase from reading magazines in F4? I understand, that at this point little to nothing is known about game's specific aspects, such as that, but maybe someone has insidious info or it is rumored somewhere, so he or she could provide some insight? The way i see it, magazines are likely to provide very small magnitude, since there are 10 issues, which each if i get it right provide stat increase everytime it is read! So they'd be logical to expect somewhere like 2-5% (2 more likely though) for reading each issue of each particular magazine, as bigger magnitude would obviously break the balance! Imagine say reading ALL ten issues of EACH of the respective magazines, which would increases PC's stats in ALL of respective skills twice as much (given say reading each of the issue of each of the magazine provided somewhere around 10% stat increase per issue!), it would mean PC would get ALL-AROUND boost at every skill (lets pretend it is skill and not perk as it is what we got used to anyway!), and that is all REGARDLESS of individual PC build! LOL That would be way too much and overkill! Especially for the game, that aims to make experience more challenging and encourage replay-ability!...
== Finding magazines is equivalent of books in FO3; if you find them all it means you scoured deep all over the map and, quite frankly, deserve a hefty reward. Experience flows in no matter what but finding all these magazines requires a completionist mindset. Furthermore, their effects will be partly replacing the boosts once provided by Skills.
More Speculation Edit
Why is someone adding loads of speculated info to this page? Only the Charisma perks and a handful of others have been confirmed so far. --184.108.40.206 22:56, October 28, 2015 (UTC)
Starting points Edit
seems like you only start with 28 points worth of special, 1 on each special plus 21 to spend, unlike fallout 3 and new vegas where you have a total of 40.
List of all perks Edit
All perks vid leaked
Don't really know how to do the wiki jazz but starting at 2:15, thought it might help some.
220.127.116.11 01:47, November 2, 2015 (UTC)
Leaked Perks by level Strat guide http://i.imgur.com/2hKc3LG.jpg
Magazine Perk RanksEdit
We know Grognak has 10 ranks, not 1. Until we have hard confirmation on the ranks of each magazine perk, might I suggest using 10 as the default rank count?
Maybe we should separate out the single giant perks table into one perk table for each SPECIAL trait. Or at least some sort of divider in the giant table so it's easier to read...
We actually HAD that, but someone deliberately folded all 7 tables together, so I split the attribute name and level columns so you could reasonably sort them. I think the page is WAY better with 7 distinct tables, but did not want to start an edit war.
18.104.22.168 00:16, November 11, 2015 (UTC)
Are those perks only active when you travel with the associated companion or are they active independently of who you travel with? My Pip-Boy still displays the perks I unlocked with companions while I travel alone. -- YoDsanklai (talk) 23:07, November 26, 2015 (UTC)
- The perks are permanent, whether you keep the companions in your group or not. Degrelescence (talk) 13:10, November 27, 2015 (UTC)
Less Stagger perk Edit
Is it not gained from wearing a Pneumatic modded chestpiece? 22.214.171.124 11:23, December 4, 2015 (UTC)
- I believe you are correct. This could be confirmed by running player.hasperk in the console before and after equipping a piece of armor with the pneumatic mod. I have not had a chance to do this yet.
Incorrect base ids Edit
- player.addperk 001d245d works for me in adding the hacker perk. It is the ID for Hacker04 I see in the game data too. The console command is a bit strange though, it gives me rank 1 of Hacker04 first, up to rank 4 when the command is repeated. --Alfwyn (talk) 00:25, December 5, 2015 (UTC)
"Fallout4 skills" redirects here. But there are actually skills in FO4, just a bit hidden. Several items and effects give a bonus to those skills. Like Zeke's jacket and jeans to the unarmed skill or the Locksmith perk to the lockpicking skill. There should be a place to doucument those and things having an effect on them. --Alfwyn (talk) 19:26, December 30, 2015 (UTC)
- Well, more a bit like derived statistics (AVIF in the game data) like LGND_LockPickSweetSpot (001f3cab) for Lockpicking or UnarmedDamage (000002df) "Unarmed" for Unarmed. They are treated more or less like SPECIAL stats, Health, AP and so on, but are hidden from the player--Alfwyn (talk) 19:43, December 30, 2015 (UTC)
Perk list gone? Edit
What happened to the main perk list??
it was here a few days ago, now it's gone. someone screwed it up?
- They made it collapsible to reduce the length of the page. There's a number of buttons along the right that say "Show list of <whatever>". --Xernoc (talk) 06:54, January 1, 2016 (UTC)
- I guess I'm the one that screwed it up. Like Xernoc said the tables are now all collapsible, like on other long pages. My goal was to make the page more usable, not less. The lists have grown quite lengthy. I felt we needed to ease navigation, and remove the need for an extraordinary amount of scrolling.
- Do you have any alternative ideas? I wonder if we should make the main "SPECIAL Perks" section its own article? We could move the table to that article and maintain it there, but use the wiki embedding to put it back as a collapsible list on this page (which currently lists all perks and their IDs, not just SPECIAL ones).
- IMO We definitely want a comprehensive list of perks and especially Perk IDs somewhere. If you examine this pages content you will find it is mostly unique. Pages like the bobblehead and magazine pages list Form IDs for the objects themselves, not the associated perks. So I think it makes the most sense to continue using this as the default page for all perks, not just the SPECIAL Perks. And if we keep using it as a master list, I feel strongly that it needs collapsible sections. Or something to ease page navigation. Perhaps "back to top" anchor links.
Penetrator Perk vs sentry botsEdit
The Penetrator perk basically allows you to one-shot Sentry Bots, as you can target their Fusion Core whenever. Not kidding about 1 shot either, that section is fragile! 126.96.36.199 10:01, January 17, 2016 (UTC)
Should Taboo Tattoos be added to this list?
Considering La Coiffe is on this page I think it should be on the page too. I don't know enough about it to make an edit but I'm sure somebody knows about it or whether it should be up there or not.
Reset SPECIAL Perks Edit
Cait's Perk is Wrong Edit
So for unrelated reasons, I was poking around in Cait's perk. Her perk (ID 001f4187) adds "CompCaitAbility" (ID 001e67b7) which sends 0.5 to "AbFortifyActionPointRate" (ID 0004d899) if actor value ActionPoints is <= 25.
So if I'm reading this right, it adds 0.5 to the number of action points regenerated per second if the character's action points are 25 or less. You can see the way action points are bonused by checking the Action Boy/Girl perks (IDs 0004d869 / 0004d872).
So assuming I'm reading this right, the actual perk is completely different from what's listed in the description of the perk and in the article. Can I get someone to take a look and confirm I'm not crazy? -Caraamon (talk) 23:28, July 29, 2018 (UTC)