During that video, for a brief second, one can find the map marker "Back Street Apparel". Curiously enough, underneath it, it states [CLEARED]. Could it be that the player character can visit landmarks and slay the hostile creatures for the area to be cleared?20:27, November 2, 2015 (UTC)
- Not quite. It's used for one of Brotherhood's radiant quests, but the enemies respawn anyway. --18.104.22.168 10:23, December 1, 2015 (UTC)
Settlements as a separate category Edit
Since the locations of potential settlements are predefined, shouldn't they be moved into a separate category? This way, it may be easier to plan later improvements, particularly after the completion of Old Guns. - 22.214.171.124
- There is a separate article dedicated to Fallout 4 settlements, think there needs to be a link put to the larger article about it. -Abedecain (talk) 17:10, December 1, 2015 (UTC)
nooooo. who messed up the list? south/east west boston on left was okay and the rest in alphabetical order. now, with all the new subtopics, you have to guess where the location you are looking for is put in. faster to just write it in the wikia search now. —Preceding comment was unsigned. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Why is the list separated like this now? Edit
Who in the world decided this looked good at all? Since when have we have ever had our location lists looking like this? It's supposed to be done by major area like cities such as Diamond City. Not this mess. Please someone fix it who isn't me. Thus spoke Shane for Wax (talk) 05:42, December 2, 2015 (UTC)
Agreed, looks awful, horrible to navigate, dead links everywhere, what a mess. It was just fine before. —Preceding comment was unsigned. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Map broken? Edit
I don't know who screwed up the map but can we get it fixed again please. —Preceding comment was unsigned. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
What they said...! —Preceding comment was unsigned. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Agreed its messed up used to work well. —Preceding comment was unsigned. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Yes, someone did vandalize it, unfortunately. The feature does not have any protection, nor an option to simply undo changes.10:56, December 25, 2015 (UTC)
Why the hell would anyone spoil all your hard work? Idiot :( User:Desktopcarl
- Vandalism, someone deleted them. The feature is too vulnerable. :( Jspoel 13:52, October 5, 2016 (UTC)
Total number of locationsEdit
Would be nice if someone would add the actual numbers of discoverable locations. I found 324. (Pipboy ==> Data ==> Stats). —Preceding comment was unsigned. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Diamond City listed twice Edit
At the risk of adding to the debate over the new categories on the page, Diamond City is listed under both Boston and Non-Player Settlements. We need to decide where it best belongs. My personal feeling is it should be removed from Boston. -- DeJuanNOnley (talk) 12:48, January 6, 2016 (UTC)
How many marked locations can be found, exactly? We have this kind of info in the FO3's locations page, but not this one yet. If anything, it helps to keep track of the exploration progress. WhoeverReadThis (talk)WhoeverReadThis
- There are 314 map markers in the game data. But it will need verification that those can all be discovered. 56 of them are for example controlled by an enable parent (001c26c2) and initially disabled. Not sure what will enable those, maybe nothing. While this kind of information may be useful, it is almost always incorrect in my experience with various games. --Alfwyn (talk) 16:20, January 10, 2016 (UTC)
Well aren't some locations quest and faction dependent? I haven't finished the main questline yet but don't some locations exist only if your supporting that faction in the main questline? Nick3258 (talk) 17:31, January 10, 2016 (UTC)
- Sure, that makes such things difficult. Additionally to the 314 markers in the world, there is another one called "Relay Tower" in an interior cell - no idea what that is about. Probably 314-56=258 map markers are discoverable. 9 of them have conditions to be met before being available, and others like the Institute simply can't be discovered at the start because there is no way to get there. Only one of the two USS Constitution map markers can be on ones map at a time. Added to all this, my locations discovered statistic is already at 305, and reports on the net are as high as 355 - so this may not be strictly related to map markers (or it counts the 56 disabled ones silently too and the reports on the net are exaggerated). --Alfwyn (talk) 20:32, January 10, 2016 (UTC)
Why is Old Robotics marked as Inaccessible. It is used for the last mission right? Is it because its a location that is not accessible from the start, and must do a quest first? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Dagbiker (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Garage alcove Edit
What does Garage alcove stand for? According to the article it is located in Malden Township. —Preceding comment was unsigned. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Capitalization of location namesEdit
In English all proper nouns should be capitalized, building names included. Sources:
I'll start applying the changes.
--YOD 15:12, June 15, 2016 (UTC)
- But just because a location has an in-game name, doesn't mean that it's the building's official name. There's a difference between the White House and a white house. Paladin117>>iff bored; 15:16, June 15, 2016 (UTC)
- From what I understand we still are supposed to write South Boston White House and not South Boston white house even if it is it not THE White House everyone knows about. The purpose is also to harmonize the capitalization across all the location names, right now we have two opposite models: South Boston Police Department and Mass Bay medical center. I'd like to make all the names follow the same rule (the one that is supported by the English language) and if a name in the game doesn't follow the rule then we can still mention it by using the |map marker section of the infobox. --YOD 15:50, June 15, 2016 (UTC)
There is a shack on a hill between Recon Bunker Theta, and Radio tower 3SM-U81. It has a terminal and a Protectron pod with a Police Protectron there.
I can't find a reference to it. Any idea of it's purpose? Cheers 126.96.36.199 11:49, November 27, 2016 (UTC)
Map server Edit
The server www.digital-utopia.org, where the Fallout 4 Map is hiosted, can't be reached for over 24 hours now. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs) 09:13, August 22, 2018 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!