More then four? Edit
I have heard some rumors about their being alternate endings then the four listed, like a RR and Institute Alliance provided you get enough support in the Institute for Synths with free will being free, or an Institute/Minute Man alliance provided you main the Institute or avoid aggression or something like that.
Can anyone confirm these?
There is a way to have all factions at peace if you take down The Institute with the Minutemen.
Teerev (talk) 15:05, December 9, 2015 (UTC) Teerev 12/9/15 Yes you can get to a point where the Brotherhood, Minutemen, and Railroad aren't at war, but to officially "complete" a Minuteman ending you have to destroy the BOS.
Please definite "officially "complete"", because you can get the ending cutscene with the Minutemen without destroying BOS. Indeed you have to deliberately antagonise them with violence or by pursuing quests from other factions than the Minutemen to make them enemies. What's more the BOS reference your actions with the Minutemen (Saying it should have been them, etc.) and continue to offer you further quests. --Fil Arkonus (talk) 01:17, December 24, 2015 (UTC)
Video Transcripts Edit
I know there are only two ending cut scenes, but perhaps we could put those somewhere on here?
NEW 5th Ending to Game Edit
If you maintain an Alliance with the two topside factions past the Battle of Bunker Hill, the Lone Survivor can set into line a new unique ending unlike all the others. This ending involves legitimately removing all other factions besides the Minutemen. In order to do this the Lone Survivor must plan on attacking the Institute with the Minutemen. First the Lone Survivor must go along with the Brotherhood quest Tactical Thinking to eliminate the Railroad. Next infiltrate the Institute with the Minutemen after either being enemies by them through killing people in the Institute by just shooting someone in it or originally declining to join the Institute. Now both the Institute and Railroad are destroyed leaving only the Minutemen and Brotherhood. Now Enemy the Brotherhood by attacking them and talk to Preston Garvey who will notify the Sole Survivor that they should strike the Brotherhood which will prompt the Sole Survivor to build Artillery in 5 settlements 4 if the Castle is already maintaining an Artillery piece. Then after completing this return to the Castle to Initiate the final fight where you destroy the remainder of the Brotherhood of Steel by defending the castle. Now all that is left are the Minutemen ready to bring back the true 'MURICA back to the Commonwealth not some mad scientist puppeteers, fascist bucketheads, or some hippie dippie liberals. Just the most badass faction for taking down two of the most technologically advanced factions with nothing more than a oneshot inaccurate lazer musket and basically no armor. But yes thanks to Brotherhood for helping rid the world of the hippie dippie liberal Railroad I suppose.Teerev (talk) 15:16, December 9, 2015 (UTC) Teerev 12/9/15
- This looks to me to be just the Minuteman ending. I has just the optional Railroad wiping, but that doesn't make it a new ending, you could wipe them before or after the ending. --Alfwyn (talk) 15:25, December 9, 2015 (UTC)
-> Duplicate of Forum:5th_Ending_discovered_*SPOILERS*_duh
I think this should probably be re-written, to conform to the other games' format. Despite the fact that only a single scene/dialogue changes based on whether or not you sided with the Institute, this really isn't the place to summarize the ending quests, as that's already covered elsewhere.
Regardless of which side(s) you choose, two of three factions will have to be destroyed, with only the Minutemen being spared in all cases.
You can complete the game with the Minutemen without destroying BOS. I don't know why people keep saying otherwise seeing as the BOS don't seem to ever make the first move against the Minutemen, you have to make them Hostile before they attack you. It does seem to me however that the Minutemen endings are pretty much a failsafe seeing as they only become available if you mess up elsewhere (blowing your cover for the Railroad, shooting Elder Maxson in the face, that kind of thing), as such they cover all possibilities including BOS surviving or the Railroad being wiped out. However, I agree this page doesn't need to go into that kind of detail, so my comment is more about avoiding stuff being added rather than asking for changes to the page.--Fil Arkonus (talk) 01:27, December 24, 2015 (UTC)
Keeping the Railroad & Brotherhood Alive With The Minutemen Ending Edit
- 1. Complete all the Acts and the minutemen main quests until and including Old Guns but just join the Railroad before getting inside the Institute or they say that you can't be trusted.
- 2. Complete the Railroad main quests untill the section Continue working with Father of the quest Underground Undercover.
- 3. Complete BoS main quests untill Tactical Thinking (do not talk to Kells or you will become an enemy of the Railroad).
- 4. Complete the Institute main quests just before the Relay to Mass Fusion Building of the quest Mass Fusion.
- 5. Get Banished from the Institute by killing a named scientist or informing Brotherhood of Steel during Mass Fusion and starting Spoils of War. Complete Spoils of War.
- 6. Inform your Banishment to Desdemona and she will tell you to talk to Preston Garvey.
- 7. Complete Form Ranks and Defend the Castle.
- 8. Complete The Nuclear Option for the Minutemen.
- Done !
- Or just complete the minutemen main quest at any point, since that's all that's actually required to beat the game with RR and BoS alive. This isn't a distinct ending from the regular MM ending, it's just a guide for how far in the other factions' quests you can get before you have to kill someone else.--DirtyBlue929 (talk) 19:34, July 9, 2016 (UTC)
Adding Voices ? Edit
Isn't it good to add the voices of the endings or their videos ? Who is agree and who isn't ?