- 1 Survivor 2299
- 2 Survivor - DO NOT DISCUSS HERE
- 3 Rumours and page lock
- 4 Bethesda set for 'Action-adventure RPG' announcement at Gamescom
- 5 Release date edit needed.
- 6 Possible wepon/armor customization?
- 7 Less SPECIAL points
- 8 Pattern
- 9 Left-Handed Weapons
- 10 "Your son is the villain"
- 11 dome
- 12 dome
- 13 Swatters aren't baseball bats?
- 14 DLC Section Update
- 15 FO4 was not censored in Japan
- 16 Creation Kit release
- 17 Unsigned
Shouldn't the page mention the whole survivor 2299 website thing?
- Straight from the current article:
- On November 14, 2013, a European trademark for Fallout 4 was filed with the Trademarks and Designs Registration Office of the European Union (OHIM) under the name of Bethesda Softworks. This trademark has since been withdrawn and nullified as of the 27th of November. Whether it truly was Bethesda Softworks who filed it is unknown.
Survivor - DO NOT DISCUSS HERE
Due to our editorial policy We will not be addressing the survivor on the article page UNLESS it becomes confirmed. If you would like to discuss this item further, please refer to our regular news blogs; if you would like to propose a change in our editorial policy, please do so on the forums. Do not address the topic here either. Agent c (talk) 15:17, December 6, 2013 (UTC)
Rumours and page lock
The page has been locked to prevent the surely imminent onslaught of baseless speculation and possibly false information. All information on this page must be substantiated properly or will face speedy deletion. If you want to edit this page to make other changes, please leave a request for edit on this talk page or contact an administrator. The current lock expires on 18 December. --Skire (talk) 23:52, December 11, 2013 (UTC)
Bethesda set for 'Action-adventure RPG' announcement at Gamescom
From PlayStation Universe: Bethesda set for 'Action-adventure RPG' announcement at Gamescom - Fallout 4 reveal imminent? --Jaydee711 (talk) 10:38, July 6, 2014 (UTC)
Nope, Pete Hines confirmed only ESO and Evil Within are being shown at Gamescom.(Link title is misleading) http://www.loadthegame.com/2014/07/11/fallout-4-will-present-gamescon-2014-says-bethesdas-vp/--J20s are cool (talk) 05:26, July 23, 2014 (UTC)
Release date edit needed.
"In August 2010, Todd Howard revealed in an interview with Eurogamer that Bethesda was working on two projects; one had been in development for two years (beginning after Fallout 3 was released), and the other was still in pre-production. It is now known that the title farther along in development was The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. There is still no confirmation on what the second game is." The second game was Dishonoured. Bethesda makes more than Fallout and Elder Scrolls.
- Bethesda published Dishonered, it was Arkane that developed it. So, no, the second project isn't that. Paladin117>>iff bored; 15:11, October 8, 2014 (UTC)
I really doubt Amazon's release date as of the time of this posting is worth putting out there, its a very odd date to pick first of all, as well as the fact Bethseda themselves would have said it and other outlets would know. I'm thinking its false or a mistake. (Digital21 (talk))
- Gamestop also lists Dec. 31 as the release date (for all 3 versions in fact). I don't know if this is sufficient confirmation or not. --FFIX (talk) 19:33, June 3, 2015 (UTC)
- Bethesda's Store website says October 2015. http://store.bethsoft.com/fallout-4.html I'd wait until Bethesda announces something before adding anything. DRAEVAN13 19:38, June 3, 2015 (UTC)
I'm pretty sure the December 31st date is just a placeholder date that's meant to say that it might be released sometime this year, not the actual date. Conqueror of all Zombies (talk) 00:57, June 10, 2015 (UTC)
Possible wepon/armor customization?
Besides the power armor that looks like it is being worked on there's a laser rifle on the wall behind it seems to be surrounded by ,for a lack of a better term, barrels for the gun. I think the ability to add mods is being enhanced to effect more than just minor effects. An example wold be turning it from a single shot to a shotgun style laser.
- It's possible, but at this point we can't add it to the article. I'm sure we'll find out for sure in a few days. 17:40, June 7, 2015 (UTC)
- It's been confirmed that armor/weapon customization even building your own SETTLEMENT. -Boba fett 32 (talk) 11:37, June 15, 2015 (UTC)
Should have more attachments for the power fists 😐
Less SPECIAL points
In the fallout 4 gameplay reveal, the vault-tec rep greets you and asks you for your SPECIAL stats. what I noticed is that you are given less SPECIAL points then in fallout 3 and new Vegas (21 points in 4, 33 points in 3 and NV). 21 points is just enough to put all stats to 4. what does everyone think about this?
I have noticed that. Hopefully it will be like this: I have some basic knowledge with 1 Intelligence, but I have much more with 2 or more. Not like with 1 Intelligence the character is dumb, but has basic knowledge. Hopefully.20:28, June 18, 2015 (UTC)
I hope they keep the low intelligence interaction. I liked it in New Vegas when I got past the robot at the REPCONN building by shouting "ice cream". User:ThatGuy01, 21:53, June 18 2015 (BST)
I've noticed a pattern in the fallout games I've played so far(new Vegas and fallout 3). When you start the game it seems like the main objective or point of the game is evident right away(finding Benny in new Vegas and finding dad in 3) but then after you do this another important objective is added(ending hostilities in N.V. And activating project purity in 3) so I feel like this might be true for fallout 4 as well TheAdamBomb2 (talk) 03:59, July 5, 2015 (UTC) TheAdamBomb2
A little late but I noticed some of the weapons are left-handed. A sniper rifle and some hunting rifle I presume are those weapons as seen in a Fallout 4 trailer.
"Your son is the villain"
If you ever see any statements saying "your son is the villain", although I hate to say that this is true, please let a superior know and have them delete it. If you can do it yourself, please do. In the fallout wiki, we want to keep everyone's experience with the newly released Fallout 4 as fresh and as amazing as possible. So please, whoever is adding this statement, STOP IT. WE WANT PEOPLE TO ENJOY FALLOUT 4 THEMSELVES.
"The game will feature just over 111,000 lines of dialogue, more than all of the dialogue in Fallout 3 and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim combined."
The game has been released, so shouldn't this be in present tense?
Swatters aren't baseball bats?
Swatters seem to be different weapons than baseball bats. I bought a bladed swatter and took it back to my workshop to compare with my bladed baseball bat, and the swatter had higher damage. If anyone else can confirm this, can someone add swatters to the weapon list?
- It's still a baseball bat, just a different variant.
DLC Section Update
We need to edit the DLC section of the Fallout 4 page, since Bethesda has released details about 3 add-ons to be added before June this year. I'd do it myself, but unfortunately I'm a bit inept with editing, but i'll still try and do something to help.
FO4 was not censored in Japan
I'm surprised that in the very top paragraph of the home page there is outdated speculation that fo4 would be censored in Japan. This did not turn out to be the case. See source below.
- He is apparently right. The English Steam version was unlocked on November 10th, 2015 in Japan according to Bethesda Japan. 
Creation Kit release
The other day, I made some edits after reading the news release on the Bethesda site about the Creation Kit. The article makes it sound like the kit itself was fully released on April 26, and states that the "closed beta" is over. Only, the title of the article is Fallout 4 - Mods Open Beta for PC Available Now. Is anyone able to understand this better than me, verify it's still a beta and update the Mod support section accordingly? I've already edited it too much and now I'm unsure of anything. JMA4269 (talk) 21:40, April 27, 2016 (UTC)
- It was in closed beta, meaning only select people could use it. Now it's in open beta. So, it's still in beta, but anyone can sign up for beta now. Paladin117>>iff bored; 21:45, April 27, 2016 (UTC)
This is just a very minor edit that will be needed, take a look at the image that is uploaded on the Fallout 4 page. The ESRB rating is "Rating Pending". Probably because this image was uploaded before the offical release of Fallout 4. The offical ESRB rating on Fallout 4 today is rated mature 17+. The new cover art is available on Google pictures or Bethesdas official website. Sincerely, Jack
—Preceding unsigned comment added by JackiBackiBoy (talk • contribs) 20:29, November 19, 2016 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!