I think this weapon uses the same thec as used in RoboBrains due to the brain that probably works as a computer for the weapon system. CrossFeast 11:55, July 19, 2011 (UTC)CrossFeast
Where is the schematic? Edit
I can't find the schematic or the key to the kennels how do you get it? (Cool Story Bro 10:42, July 21, 2011 (UTC)) -CSB
It's kind of complicated, you need the EMP upgrade for the sonic emitter, which I think you get it from X-8's testings, afterwards you'll need to go to X-13 to get the kennel key, I think that there is a certain quest that follows the tech after you take care of the final quest "old world blues". This EMP effect will be give during an advanced institutional test. Anyway the terminal on the inside of testing hall should probably have the the code for the EMP. sorry can't remeber much more.
which is better Edit
which is better this or the k9000 with both mods? (or is it mixed eg better dam lower dps or something like that)
Imo its situational, one advantage that the k9000 has is the ammo type is very common and i think you can get almost and endless supply from the dead money addon via the cips in the machine, not certain. As far as dmg and dps it seems that FIDO is a bit better imo but not 100% sure really since it is an auto weapon i stuck with the k9000 and its upgrades so far just because you'll go through the ammo pretty fast if thats one of your main guns.Eckrack 09:08, August 4, 2011 (UTC)
The effectively endless .357 rounds you get for doing Dead Money correctly was the clincher for me, as miniguns require a ton of ammo, making the K9000 with the mods the logical choice for me. Coincidentally, this is the same rationale I have for using Christine's COS Silencer Rifle also found in Old World Blues. --Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus - "Always Faithful Tyrant Lizard" 03:41, November 30, 2012 (UTC)
Is FIDO a different dog? Edit
When you upgrade from K9000, do you actually swap the brain for a different dog's or are the changes purely cosmetic i.e. the brain fluid colour change.
I was trying to figure out which weapon is better, the K900 or FIDO. I included things that I chose for my character (i.e. Trigger Discipline trait) and all mods available for the K900 as well as using Hand Load ammunition (.44 SWC and .357 JHP). Here's what I got:
(Sorry, had to put it as an image because the formatting was screwing up the graph)
Anyway, hope this helps some of you. I personally think that the K900 is better because of its accuracy and RoF, which cancels out the damage inferiority to FIDO, but there's the chart for you. And yes, I was bored enough to actually make this lol. --Deus Gladiorum 01:45, September 4, 2011 (UTC)
- K9000 is far better at mid range (neither can hit much at long range)
- K9000 is better against soft targets. That brings us to the best ammo vs. semi-hard or hard targets
- FIDO allows for:
- .44 magnum, SWC (hand load) Dmg x1.2 DT -6 Cnd x1 Sprd x1*
- K9000 allows for:
- .357 magnum, JFP (hand load) Dmg x1.25 DT -3 Cnd x1 Sprd x0.8*
- In this area, the FIDO is significantly better, doing damage in larger chunks with more DT reduction, and the K900 pulls further ahead in the accuracy department. That said, neither gun is, in the end, very accurate, and neither has the joy of 5mm AP for DT reduction.
- That in mind, both guns clock in as mid range autofire weapons, and I'd take the All American,Bozar,Marksman carbine, or All American. If you don't mind some spread, Automatic rifle, Assault carbine, or CZ57 Avenger. Some do more DPS, some do less, but in larger chunks with more accuracy and/or more DT reduction.
- Neither K9000 nor FIDO are BAD guns, but they do require a lot of ammo, a lot of strength, and for you to not be at long range. In the end, there is better out there with those limitations, which is a shame, because conceptually, it's pretty awesome. Now I'm tempted to give it to Lily just for kicks.184.108.40.206 02:10, July 4, 2012 (UTC)
Animation bug/12 shots Edit
The stated animation bug where it is believed that the weapon fires 12 rounds in VATS is not correct. While the VATS animation is playing, the weapon is shown firing 12 shots and ejecting 12 cartridge cases, while your inventory is only reduced by 3 rounds. I've checked this by testing with console commands. Using the getav health command I verified that the weapon delivers 108 damage for one unit of fire in VATS (using 28 AP). At full repair and 100 Guns Skill, FIDO does 36 damage per shot. If one unit of fire in VATS shoots 12 rounds, it would do a total of 432 unmodified damage. If it shoots the proper 3 rounds, it would deal 108 damage. This is easily verified by shooting a bighorner bull. They have 120 health and 0DT/DR. If done with a character that has no plus damage perks and using standard ammo, one unit of fire in VATS will not kill the bighorner (excepting a critical hit) if it shoots 3 rounds. If it shoots 12 rounds per unit of fire in VATS you can kill the Legendary Nightstalker. The same goes for the K9000. It's an animation bug, not a mechanical bug. --The Gunny 01:52, November 3, 2011 (UTC)
- Agreed, maybe an editor ought to change the DMG:AP ratio to something sane as it is obviously an animation glitch.--Postapocalypto 13:09, November 5, 2011 (UTC)
Not Unique Edit
Someone change the weapons page because this is not a unique weapon. 220.127.116.11 18:52, June 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Where is it stated that it's a unique weapon? Just got done editing the page, and nothing in there made such a claim. Some Assembly Required! 18:57, June 12, 2013 (UTC)
When I saw the weapons page the background for FIDO was dark so I thought someone listed it as a unique weapon. 18.104.22.168 12:03, June 14, 2013 (UTC)