My room mate was just playing through this game, he is at the part where the Enclave are setting up shop around DC, and decided to head to Dukov's to remove him of all his beer and teddybears. He opens the door and there is a Deathclaw standing inside, swinging at him. Is this like the mireluke glitch or how is this possible?Xiantos 04:46, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
- Maybee i can help you with that.
- When the Enclave starts setting up all over DC, they also release Deathclaws.
- Near Dukuvs Place ( when you leave dukovs place to the right) the enclave sets up and releases a Deathclaw.
- As we know deathclaws are pretty fast.
- I think this happens if you are close enough to the the Deathclaw cage to trigger the release (i have seen them releasing them even when i was far out of sight using the sniper), but they won't attack you because you are to far away. And well, if you go an further away, the deathclaw kills the enclave officer and then roams the area to end up in Dukovs place.
- I didn't see that it was the Deathclaw from that cage, because i killed that one. But it seems reasonable to me. 188.8.131.52 19:41, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
- Pretty sure the "deathclaw glitch" on the page is just a case of the nearby Enclave sending a Deathclaw after them. Critters do follow the PC through doors sometimes. Killchain 22:38, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
Black Widow glitch Edit
I've been reading ever since I started playing Fallout 3 about how you can use a Black Widow dialogue option to coerce Dukov out of his Special Key during You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head, but when I actually tried talking to him, I never saw a "Black Widow" option come up. I was playing as a female and I know I had the perk, but for some reason I didn't see it anywhere. Is this a glitch with my game or something else? Nymphonomicon 15:14, 19 January 2009
Probably a glitch. The black widow dialogue exists, indeed and it works. A glitch I noticed was when asking Fantasia to recover the key with the ladykiller perk she agrees but never give the key and the option to deal with Cherry don't appear anymore.Croquignol 20:32, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
- I can confirm this on the PC. I went through every dialog option I could find, but I never got the chance to use my Black Widow perk. Instead, I dressed up in my Naughty nightwear and Lincoln's hat and intimidated him into giving me the key. How exactly this was intimidating, I'm really not sure. Maybe I just looked so completely insane that he decided not to take his chances.... (I've always wondered why wearing those two items together should cause everyone in the game to take me MORE seriously. But I guess that's just the wonder of "enchanted items" in the post-nuclear wasteland...)184.108.40.206 06:54, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
Which regional version are you using? I've got the EU version, and I was able to use the black widow option, but my recollection was that it didn't really fit with the conversation which went before or with Dukov's response, so I imagine that the dialogue option I got isn't the one in the US version. I've read that the Japanese version won't even let you do the evil version of Power of the Atom. Anyone know anything more about regional versions? 220.127.116.11 10:26, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
- Playing the US Version. Well, I got it from Amazon.com, so I assume that's the US version. And yeah, I heard about the Japanese "edit"... for some reason, they were concerned that Japanese people might be a tad upset at the sight of a small village being wiped away in a mushroom cloud. Hmm. Might have a point, there. That's probably a national scab we don't want to pick at...18.104.22.168 06:03, 17 June 2009 (UTC)
clown shoe's glitch Edit
I have not seen anything like this before but my character is female and im being called "clown shoes" can someone tell my why this is happening (This was on xbox360 by the way)
This happend when i first met him and keeps heppening the only quest i had at the time were Those! wasteland survival guide (chapter 2 mole rat repelent) And GNR primary quest
I think it's just a joke, I have a male character and he says the same thing, it's just wierd East European humor I guess.22.214.171.124 02:05, 23 April 2009 (UTC)Cavesloth
My character is female and he refers to me as clown shoes and sweet cheeks, im on pc, i dont think its a glitch
- Er, I'm confused here. An NPC is insulting you, and you think it's a glitch? I'm afraid some people in the wasteland just aren't very nice, my friend. If it really makes you mad, you are free to respond in the wasteland way. Blow that snarky little smile off his face, and then walk all over his dead body with your "clown shoes." That will teach him. Incidentally, "clown shoes" is not an exclusively "eastern European" insult, if it is even used in that region at all. Check out urbandictionary.com for a distinctly western view of the term. (Just be prepared to encounter as much profanity there as you did in Dukov's place, ugh.)126.96.36.199 07:03, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
- what they mean is that he is supposed to refer to female PC's as "sweet checks" and males as "clown shoes" it dosent make much sence to me but there point is why is he referring to there character, who are females, as "clown shoes"
It is my understanding that Dukov was set as a Russian character in the game by the devs. I'm sorry that his accent is incorrect but he is Russian.Kingclyde 01:29, 2 May 2009 (UTC)kingclyde
- Sounded to me like his accent was swinging back and forth from Russian to French. I think the technical term for this is "bad voice acting." It reminded me of the original Deus Ex game, in which all of the non-American NPCs seemed to have the same French-Japanese-Russian accent regardless of which country the player was in at the time. It was just amusing enough to not be painful (although it was close).188.8.131.52 06:49, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
alternate peaceful solutionsEdit
PC (version 1.5): Should be added to the mainpage: One can simply buy the key from him (200 credits) or pickpocket the key from him.
Enemies in Dukov's Place Edit
Enemies occasionally appear in Dukov's Place. There's a Raider camp nearby, and they sometimes get in. Also, once I quick-traveled to Dukov's and walked in to see an Enclave officer inside. After reloading the save, the officer disappeared. My char was lvl 17, was doing You Gotta Shoot them in the Head and was as far as Picking Up the Trail in the main quest, on X360.
Dukov's place empty? Edit
While doing the Shoot EM quest I accidently lead a group of Mirelurks into Dukov's place. I immediately left, followed by the Mirelurks and a couple of Dukov's girls, resulting in at least one of their deaths. Now when I enter Dukov's, there is no one in the whole house, alive or dead. Is it possible that Dukov is still in flee mode somewhere near by?
Same problem here I arrived at Dukovs place only to find a hoard of mirelurk hunters i killed all of them and found dead bodys everywhere everyone was dead, so how am i supposed to complete the quest??
did you try serching dukov's body for the key? it might be on him. Wrpen-99 14:42, February 25, 2010 (UTC)
lol this guy is weird i think XD
lol what the hell Edit
When does he say "i think i'll flap my nuts against Cherry's ass instead"? because i NEVER heard him say that. any body else know what you have to say to get that dialogue quote? :) it would be soooo funny to hear it.
Yeah i remember him saying it to me. Its when talking to him to get the key. Quite funny.--Radiated Raider 13:39, October 10, 2010 (UTC)
- That's correct. That's when he said it to me, too. Just before I shot him in the nuts, since he seemed to be looking for action there. 184.108.40.206 02:32, December 14, 2010 (UTC)
Do you think the name of this older, oversexed character might be a reference to everybody's favourite older, oversexed former X-Files principal?
Good call on the Dukov/Duchovny link. This makes sense especially as his father was from the Ukraine so explains the accent. --Ajgraham 23:05, September 21, 2011 (UTC)