If this one is like bio-gas canisters and limited, then these will be totally useless aswell. I won't use limited things. Gabriel Cortez 21:55, 20 July 2009 (UTC)
- Indeed, I think that the Bio-gas canister was a HUGE dissapointment. Kalalokki 22:34, 20 July 2009 (UTC)
WTF? Why do we need a thing like this when there is Paralyzing Palm... Meh, guess they are out of ideas... How about a grenade that explodes and releases a black hole that sucks enemies into another dimension? How about a grenade with a knockdown effet? Bethesda needs to think outside of the box... BloodOmelet
BloodOmelet, not everyone uses the Unarmed skill. I myself don't use it, and a few of these 'nades would do me some good when up against overlords or something(save me using vats on breaking their weapons). You're logic is flawed as well. It's like saying what's the point in having the Gauss Rifle when there's already a Sniper Rifle in-game. Why do they need another scoped rifle? Bald Eagle Brennan 18:56, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- Even more to the point, comparing a freezing grenade to a paralyzing punch is like, well... like comparing a grenade to a punch. There are a handful of tactical differences between grenades and fisticuffs. Two come to mind - range and area of effect. The ability to incapacitate a group of enemies at range is not precisely the same as being able to incapacitate a single enemy within arm's reach. You'd have to be pretty down on Bethesda to knock them for 'duplicating' an unarmed perk by introducing a new grenade.... 126.96.36.199 06:23, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
I know that this is pretty far-fetched, but since they are using the cryo script, they may as well just bring back the cryolator. I think that they MIGHT.--Master of cheeZ 17:10, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- Most likely, lots of 50's style aliens somehow have freeze rays. We may see a gun called the "Alien Cryolator". //--TehK 19:24, 23 July 2009 (UTC)
I hope the Aliens won't have this one much, it'll be annoying to be rendered immobile every couple of seconds.
- Ugh, I agree. Alpha and Omega.... 01:44, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
- Cough*KoToR*Cough* Paximilian 01:49, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
Where for art thou Cryo weaponry?
Okay. I've just finished playing through Mothership Zeta, and I haven't encountered a single cryo grenade or mine. Not one! What's going on here? - [Guest] 13:20, 3rd August (UTC)
Same here. I think they cut it again. Nitty 15:08, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
- I only found one,and that was on an alien wielding an atomizer. The Second Wolf Brother. 15:10, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
- Was it in the Cryo Lab area? I've scoured it for an hour, didn't find a single one. So much for a "new explosive". Nitty 15:22, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
I guess it was Cut from the game but not the data files. Probably obtainable from console. Same for the Mine. --Radnus 188.8.131.52 16:37, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
We were so close! It was in the fucking trailer!! Noooooooooo... Nitty 16:39, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
- Then HTF did i find one on that alien?It might exist,but be very rare. The Second Wolf Brother. 16:41, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
- Excellent,the one i used was tested on a behemoth,works quite nicely. The Second Wolf Brother. 16:42, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
These grenades can be obtained from Elliot Tercorian after releasing him from stasis. W#HAT ??? help i dont get it
i discovered how to have grenades and mines ,you must take elliot to the cryo lab and destroy the core with him (i'm not sure if you gotta wake his squad) anyway when you reach the engeenering core he teel you he can make cryo grenades and mines :] ,that to that guy that told us about elliot184.108.40.206 19:54, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
sorry for my gramar errors i was typing fast Nyoche 21:29, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
Possible Bug, I got through most of the cryolabs w/ Elliot, then came back to the core to repair an item, then attempted to get Elliot to follow me back to the cryo labs. However, he was too busy chasing the alien workers around w/ a combat knife screaming a battle cry...he's a weird kat...(I guess he lost his gun, and maybe his sanity while he was at it) and now he refuses to return to the lab, telling me "I've already been through a good bit of the place" and that he wants to remain in the core...so I went and destroyed the generator and can't get the bastard to fork over any cryo grenades or mines, anyone else have this issue on the 360? I want me some nades! --DashMan54 15:09, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
You have to bring Elliot with you when going through the cryo labs once you are through with the cyro labs elliot can create 2 cryo grenades and 2 cryo mines every 3 hours just remember to get as many as you can before the main quest is over, because once you beat MZ elliot cannot create any more for some stupid reason.
Another limited grenade(I think)
You won't be able to get any of these babies when the final quest is done since Elliot aint in the Cryo Labs anymore... Seriously, I'm not sure though if Sally can give you these randomly in the end....--BloodOmelet 00:45, 5 August 2009 (UTC)
Why did Bethesda make these limited? It's not like they are a superweapon on anything. Freezing enemies would just be fun, probably not that usefull. .VelvetKevorkian. 04:03, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
No More Cyro? *Bug*
So I have 23 cyro grenades/mines each, and when I wait 3 hours for him to give me more, he says he is still working on them.
He says this no matter what, even if I wait 6 hours. I'm on the Xbox 360
You have to move around a little bit i think, you can't talk to him immediately after you finish waiting.----
Shady Sands Shuffle?
Can anyone test for me if the reverse pick-pocketing maneuver works with the Cryo grenade/mine? I'm finished MZ and have depleted my reserves of these two weapons. Thanks. 220.127.116.11 04:23, September 11, 2010 (UTC)
- AFAIK, Cryo-weapons and bio-gas canisters are the exception to the "always fatal" rule for the shady sands shuffle. Instead, they simply do what they'd do if used normally. --Kris 04:26, September 11, 2010 (UTC)
However, You are likeley to get caught in the blast radius, thus making it useless for stealing items, you are better off throwing them.18.104.22.168 07:47, October 4, 2010 (UTC)