China's best soldiersEdit
Oh wow. So, I was playing O:A. Still doing the "Guns of Anchorage" quest, I found a Crimson Dragoon using a Chinese Sword. I target him in vats with the sniper rifle twice. I miss both of them. No problems. He strafed to the left and fell on a giant hole.BSMaker 02:00, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
That was the funniest thing I've heard all day. .VelvetKevorkian. 02:48, September 21, 2009 (UTC)
How do you fall on a hole? That's as crazy as falling through the floor... Tzaro the Outcast 19:44, January 23, 2010 (UTC)
Maybe its a black hole...CheezeWEEPツ 19:47, January 23, 2010 (UTC)
Perhaps it's a mapping glitch? It's not like Fallout 3 is immune to those. TestECull 22:08, April 12, 2010 (UTC)
Somebody listed in the tactics section that flamers are a good way to flush out Crimson Dragoons. I think since the flamer is not obtainable during Operation Anchorage without glitching, it should be removed.--Falubii 01:35, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
No it shouldn't be removed, it should simply be noted that glitching is required.BOSPalidan 's ROFLCopter goes soi soi soi soi soi 06:40, July 5, 2010 (UTC)
MGS Resemblence Edit
I find it very weird that no one noticed this before me.. 18.104.22.168 04:13, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
Oh, get over yourself. You're the first one to mention it, not to notice it.
Flamers can be obtained if usin the console (player.additem 000c80bd)on pc as well as pretty much anything during OA. However this does not work for Xbox nor PS3. someone should've specified which version they were talking about
--> If the player wants to use console codes they can just kill them all. It should not be in the article. A better tactic is to just shoot them and then they lose stealth, then VATS quickly.22.214.171.124 00:14, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
Tactics moved from articleEdit
- If you pay close attention to your "radar", they will show up as friendly units while they are camouflaged (provided your Perception is high enough). Should you detect one, you can even speak to them. The normal dialogue view will appear, with no text, and then zoom back out, at least on 360 version.
- Continually hitting the V.A.T.S. button should bring them into view. You have a 0% chance of hitting them while they are camouflaged, yet throwing a grenade from V.A.T.S. will still work. A good tactic is to use a pistol or other small arm, V.A.T.S to center on them, then exit V.A.T.S and shoot until they become visible. Then switch to a heavier weapon and take them out in V.A.T.S before they have a chance to shoot or slice you.
- You can also simply kill them without V.A.T.S. by lining up a head shot with a high-damage weapon. They do not move unless you get too close, even if you point your weapon at them, and the stealth field is not that hard to spot with a bit of practice.
- The stealth field will drop if the soldier is damaged, but not permanently. They will re-cloak if they can go a couple seconds without being hit. Try to avoid letting them do this, as it can be surprisingly hard (or at least tiresome) to regain even footing if they vanish.
- Players that are used to the slow Super mutants beware, as mines will not work on these enemies. Their lightning-like speed renders mines utterly useless.
- Looking for darker patches on these soldiers will reveal flaws without worrying about the bug.
- If you run up to one in sneak mode while they are cloaked and rapidly try to pickpocket them, your detection indicator will fluctuate from danger, to caution, to hidden (similar tactic can be used with robots) depending on how fast you pickpocket them. Wait for when it reads hidden then enter V.A.T.S. to score a sneak critical hit.
--Kingclyde 20:49, September 3, 2009 (UTC)
Shoot them in VATS with Gauss Edit
Here's how to shoot them in VATS:
Equip a frag mine, get close to them. As soon as you see "CAUTION" at the top of the screen, quickly drop a frag mine and go hide into some dark corner. Equip the Gauss and wait. The dragoons will run towards your original location, step on the mine, take some minor damage, but the important thing is their stealth mode is gone, quickly activate VATS and shoot them in the head. Only when shot is required on hardcore difficulty, but you need a critical (sneak critical will not work, cause they just stepped on a mine, so they are alerted), which means you need 18% critical chance (=100% critical with Gauss), and this means NEVER enter Anchorage until you get your BASE luck to 10 (you can't take any items that increase luck to Anchorage), you also need Finesse and Wasteland survival guide perk that grants +3 to crit chance. The frag mine damage and the Gauss critical to the head are enough to kill them. Bloody Mess and Black Widow will improve damage, so does Superior Defender... WRFan 06:17, November 28, 2009 (UTC)
Or you could, you know, throw a grenade then shoot them. Or just shoot them or stab them. Or hit them REALLY hard --Nicky NV 20:32, January 30, 2011 (UTC)
I was wondering if anyone encountered issues while fighting these assholes. For one, they seem to be impervious to damage unless they're aware of you, making sneak attacks impossible. (Lobbing grenades at places you know they are sitting, for example, does nothing until they "click" their weapons as you come closer) Also, even while they're shooting you in the face at point blank with a sniper rifle, if they're cloaked there's sometimes an issue where none of your shots register, even if they clearly are hitting them. Is anyone else having buggy problems like these?
- I haven't had issues, aside from the occasional difficulties seeing them. --Kris 02:53, September 8, 2010 (UTC)
Racial Problem Edit
Um, why does it say they're Caucasian? I thought they were Chinese soldiers...