Relationship with Saturnite Edit
Doing some minimal digging I have discovered the relationship forged between the "space-age materials developed by military scientists!" quoted from this image supplemented by this, "Another (!) shipment of kitchen knives for the Cantina Madrid came in today, with their new "space age" alloy polymer material..." (Sierra Madre Casino terminal entries#Another Shipment?) and Saturnite alloy is virtually non-existent beyond the Sierra-Madre's overarching involvement with Big MT.
I recognize how pedantic this may sound, but I don't think that's enough to forge a relationship between these knives and Saturnite alloy. At best, only the similarities between the super-heated properties of the knives (detailed here) and Saturnite alloy (this page in general) could be emphasized as a possible relationship and even that's tentative speculation.
- Saturnite was portrayed as a "Space-age" alloy, with the knives received at the casino called 'cosmic knives', as well as them having the unique Saturnite ability to retain an unusually large amount of heat - enough, to the point, where it melted through a cutting board. To me, that is all I need for there to be a connection. Some Assembly Required! 02:01, August 25, 2014 (UTC)
- After doing some more digging I've found a potential lead towards a more explicit connection between Saturnite and the cosmics knives. Apparently there's a collapsed building near Ashton in the Divide that advertises Saturnite as, "The World's Sharpest Edge." If there exists a cosmic knife advertisement nearby I'd say it would qualify for a direct connection.
- Also, Saturnite is never explicitly referred to as a "Space-age" alloy, only the cosmic knives are, and the shared super-heated properties could just as easily be a coincidence as it could be a connection given the ambiguity of our information. To me, we need something explicit before we can make a connection. --The Ever Ruler (talk) 23:29, August 25, 2014 (UTC)
- That is true - forgot that the term was only really applied to the knives - what denounces the fact, however, that they received those knives from the Divide, using a metal never seen in the Fallout universe before - with the only metal factory seen at Big M.T., being created solely for the creation of Saturnite? Some Assembly Required! 23:31, August 25, 2014 (UTC)
- The alleged existence of a cosmic knife distributor in Ashton would serve as a potential source for a different metal if it turns out to be real. At the same time, if this alleged distributor contains connections with Saturnite, I think it would serve as enough evidence to deduce a noteworthy connection.
- Oh, and I'm not going to pop in my disc and take a gander for that knife distributor as I have no experience in it, nor do I have a file that could likely get me to the sensitive area in question in a reasonable time. I'm probably going to recruit someone else for that endeavor --The Ever Ruler (talk) 01:10, August 26, 2014 (UTC)
- On a separate topic, as we have information gathered, have we ever discovered whether or not those crystals in Big MT had any correlation with Saturnite's creation? Some Assembly Required! 01:29, August 26, 2014 (UTC)
This is the first time anyone's suggested to me the two were connected. I mean, I had a theory that the crystals were connected with the Cloud (due to color alone) but there was absolutely nothing substantiating it beyond appearance. Anyway, no, I don't think we have found anything connecting Saturnite and those red crystals. Hell, do the crystals even have enough information to have its own page? --The Ever Ruler (talk) 01:35, August 27, 2014 (UTC)
- Nope. :( Some Assembly Required! 01:45, August 27, 2014 (UTC)