The pre-War office park, adjacent to a metro station, a bank, and the Nifty Thrifty pawnshop. The streets are lined with brownstone style townhouses to the south and high rise apartment buildings to the north. It also provides the only access point to Takoma Industrial, reached through the Vernon East/Takoma Park subway tunnels from the Vernon Square East station. The area provides direct access to Takoma Industrial at the north end of the map, through a derelict home (D).
The area is rife with super mutants as well as super mutant overlords with Broken Steel. It is possible to be attacked by Talon Company either at the derelict home or at Takoma Industrial. A super mutant behemoth can be found here near the auto shop. An artillery strike can be triggered by a switch on top of a trailer next to the water tower (C) that can be helpful fighting the behemoth. The artillery strike will have a short cooldown after use.
Heading east past Nifty Thrifty and up the hill towards point (D) there is a junction bearing off to the right past a Pulowski Preservation shelter, inside the shelter, there is an ammunition box. Past this, a semi-trailer lies upon a mound of rubble which blocks this road. In the trailer are three ammunition boxes and two stimpaks. Shortly past this junction, towards point (D), there is a mini-camp from which the second wave of super mutants attacks. In the camp, there are two ammunition boxes containing up to four missiles. One of the boxes has an Average lock. Two first aid boxes contain a blood pack, two bobby pins, Rad-X, purified water and two stimpaks. There is also a bed that can be used.
Isabella Proud's camp can be found behind Takoma Industrial (A). The only way to access this area is by entering the factory, going up the stairs that are capped by a wooden plank with a skeleton and barrel on it which leads to a door that exits to the roof. Go down the stairs to the path that runs next to the irradiated canal, and cross the canal via the pipes sticking down into the water (one has a ramp), or via the downed antenna tower. Once on the northern side of the canal, go north through the gap between the buildings north of the tent. After reading through Isabella's computer, her alpha male research subject "Samuel" will attack from behind. Near Isabella Proud's camp there is an alleyway where, if one jumps over some concrete barriers, they can find a Chinese assault rifle two ammunition boxes, a few beers, Pork n' Beans, and RadAway. A skeleton and a campfire (not lit, made out of a tire) can also be found.
- Upon the first visit, three super mutants will spawn on the other end of the alley. They will head towards the player character, and one of them will be wielding a missile launcher and shooting at the cars even if they have not spotted them.
- There is a rigged baby carriage sitting atop the green car in the middle of the road near the Nifty Thrifty shop. Depending on how it is approached the carriage may be obscured by a barrel also laying atop the car. Hostiles may set off this trap.
- There is an ignitable gas leak near the oven in the derelict house that must be passed through to access Takoma Industrial.
- After clearing Takoma Industrial of all hostiles, walking back to Takoma Park will result in Talon mercs spawning at the house that is passed through, the tent camp, and the base of the hill road.
- After The Waters of Life, an Enclave vertibird will fly by when the player character is near Nifty Thrifty's.
Takoma Park appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenes
Takoma Park is named after the real life city, Takoma Park, Maryland.
- wastelander within the Pulowski Preservation shelter blinks, despite his lifelessness. [verified] The "dead"
- Isabella Proud's camp, the map may be exited. Once in open ground, one can return by running around the outside of the map to the roof of the bank, then dropping down into the street. Between the two buildings on the southeastern end of the pond by