Background[edit | edit source]
Layout[edit | edit source]
Bloodbugs are prevalent throughout the location, with between four and six in the immediate area and three more inside. There is a mine in a pothole in the road just in front of the house. The house comes equipped with an indoor cooking station and three beds. Besides the residential building, the location also features a boathouse, containing gun traps and laser tripwires. There are four gourd plants in front of the house.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Margaret's note - On the corpse of Mary Sutton on the top floor of the boathouse.
- Russell's note - On Margaret Sutton's corpse, near the entrance to Malden drainage.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
- Clearing the Way: A settler tells the Sole Survivor that they are concerned about dangerous enemies in a nearby area and asks them for help in clearing it out.
- Mercer Safehouse
- Taking Point: Minutemen scouts have found a promising site for a new settlement, but it's overrun with hostiles. Preston Garvey asks the Sole Survivor to clear it out so a beacon can be set up to attract new settlers in need of a home.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Two brahmin corpses are found on the farm. One is located randomly in front of the farmhouse. The other is inside the pen in front of the boathouse. Both brahmin are dead upon arrival to the location. Both corpses bear puncture marks that indicate they were killed by bloodbugs. They cannot be moved and do not disappear upon modifying the settlement.
- This is a possible location for Mercer Safehouse.
- The corpse of Mary Sutton will respawn in the same place (minus loot and clothes) even if moved elsewhere, i.e. dumped in the lake or moved outside. It may also spawn on top of, or inside, any settlement objects placed at the respawn point.
- There is a way to move the brahmin corpses by using the wire fence gate, being able to push them into the water and out of the way. Move them by pushing the gate to them; opening it to push them and repeating (they will stay wherever they are moved).
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The Taffington boathouse appears only in Fallout 4.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One When clearing the area for settlement, some of the bloodbugs may appear inside the ground, preventing the quest from being completed. Fast traveling to another location and back may fix this issue.[verified]
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One In the southernmost part of the settlement, some workshop items, such as the food and drink vendor stores and brahmin feed trough, may not appear or appear disabled, in the workshop menu. It's still possible to create them by selecting the item before entering this section, but they may not function correctly.[verified]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p. 291: "[2.26] TAFFINGTON BOAT HOUSE
The residence of one Mary Sutton, this location may be cleared of hostiles and used as a settlement. There's a safe (Advanced) and steamer trunk (Novice) to unlock upstairs. Circumvent the door to the boathouse (Novice) by swimming under and up, watching for tripwires. The Bloodbugs sucking these settlers dry seem to be coming from the Malden Drainage area to the north. Clear this interior chem lab of its blood-sucking parasites before inspecting the area for Russell Sutton and a small security cell with a locked terminal (Advanced) and a trunk. There's a second trunk in the small upper laboratory area."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)