|For an overview of T-51 power armor, see T-51b power armor.|
In order to wear the armor, one must first acquire Power Armor Training, which can be obtained by completing the quest Still in the Dark and then completing Eyesight to the Blind or Tend to Your Business, or by completing the For Auld Lang Syne quest. The Brotherhood of Steel is the only faction that regularly uses power armor and has a faction-specific version of the armor.
- Brotherhood T-51b power armor - the faction-specific variant used exclusively by the Mojave chapter of the Brotherhood of Steel.
- One can be purchased at the armory in Hidden Valley bunker from Knight Torres, the Brotherhood quartermaster, along with helmets and T-45d power armor for repairing (after completing Eyesight to the Blind or Tend to Your Business).
- Another set of T-51b power armor and a helmet can be found in the deathclaw promontory on a dead prospector.
- A set can be found at the Brotherhood of Steel safehouse after downloading patch 1.02 on PS3 and Xbox 360, or 1.20 on PC.
- the Courier's Mile in the far left corner of the ruins, inside a metal box near some ammunition and first aid boxes. Another set can be found at
- When wearing this armor, back-sheathed weapons will be holstered differently than if the player character was not wearing this armor. For example, without power armor, the player character holsters the hunting shotgun with the butt of the gun behind their right shoulder. With the armor on, the butt of the gun will now be behind their right hip.
- T-51b power armor, with 2,000 HP, is the most durable armor in the base game.
- This version gives a Strength bonus.
- In response to Ricky claiming they killed a Brotherhood of Steel paladin by shooting through the helmet eyeslit, the Courier replies that the eyeslits of T-series power armor are bullet-proof.
- miniguns, the armor's hip will become see-through, and the player character will appear hipless. [verified] When using large weapons like
- If spawning the armor portion of this set from the console, and if the player character is currently wearing it as well, the armor will not show up in their inventory. It will apply the weight associated with carrying the armor, however. This seems to be due to the fact that although you cannot view nor interact with the item it is indeed in your inventory. If one drops the set that they are currently wearing, the newly spawned armor will appear in their inventory. [verified]
- ZAX 1.2: "In 2069, West Tech was the single largest contractor for the United States government; its largest contract being Powered Infantry Armor Model T-51b."
(ZAX 1.2's dialogue)
- Fort Strong terminal entries; General Brock's terminal, General Brock's Report - June 2076
- Fallout 4 loading screens: "The T-51 series of Power Armor was the pinnacle of mechanized protection before the Great War. First introduced in the Battle of Anchorage, it is highly valued today for its increased protective capabilities."
- Capitol Post terminal entries; Capital Post Top Stories -- January 11, 2077
- Constantine Chase: "How's our boys in the suits doing?"
Thomas Morgan: "The T-51b units are at 95 percent readiness level. We've had a bit of trouble adapting them to the cold."
Constantine Chase: "What are we looking at for losses if we pull this off?"
Thomas Morgan: "I'd say about 20 percent, sir. But that number significantly decreases if we can get the tin cans in there."
Constantine Chase: "Any word from Washington on my latest request?"
Thomas Morgan: "Sorry sir, they said the technicians are still dragging their heels a bit on the fusion power plant issues."
Constantine Chase: "Well you tell them that if they want their viable liberation contingency ready in case Operation: Anchorage fails, they need to get off their asses!"
(Constantine Chase and Thomas Morgan's dialogue)
- Courier: "You're saying that you killed a Brotherhood of Steel Paladin?"
Ricky: "What's it sound like I'm saying? If I was saying what you said I was saying, then yeah, I said it!"
Courier: "Please go on. This promises to be entertaining."
Ricky: "I was walking along, minding my own, and up pops one of them Brotherhoods. He yells "Hand over that laser rifle, asshole!" So I hand it over, just to make him think I'm scared! But really I'm not! I never am! Before he knows what hit him, I draw my 11 machinegun and BAM! BAM! Right through the eyeslit in his helmet! D.O.A.!"
Courier: "What a load of crap. The eyeslits of T-series power armor are bullet-proof!"
Ricky: "Then I guess this dumb fucker's armor musta been... D-series or something! All I know is, he died up real dead when I killed him, okay?"