|For an overview of T-45 power armor, see T-45 power armor.|
For an overview of various models of power armor , see power armor.
T-45d power armor provides a Damage Threshold of 22 as well as a bonus of 10% to Radiation Resistance, +2 to Strength and a -2 penalty to Agility. This DT is lower than that of T-51b power armor and Remnants power armor, but still provides protection equal or superior to all non-powered armor in the game.
- Brotherhood T-45d power armor, a less common version of T-45d power armor in the Mojave Wasteland, used exclusively by the Brotherhood of Steel.
- NCR salvaged power armor, a suit made by the NCR by stripping out the servos of a suit captured during the NCR-Brotherhood War, does not require training to wear.
- Scorched Sierra power armor, an NCR variant used by Colonel Royez on the Long 15.
- Brotherhood of Steel safehouse - A complete suit in poor condition can be found on a shelf.
- Great Khan armory, Red Rock Canyon - Full suits of armor in poor condition sold by the Great Khan armorer.
- Hidden Valley bunker - Knight Torres may sell depending on her merchant inventory. If one breaks into the armory, four suits of armor and three helmets can be stolen. There is also a set in the elder's private quarters.
- Hoover Dam - Quartermaster Bardon often sells sets.
- Caesar's tent - A T-45d helmet, along with 2000 caps and a power fist, can be found in a Very Hard locked case in the tent behind Caesar's throne.
- The armor can also be obtained after finishing the quest Eyesight to the Blind.
- Abandoned Brotherhood of Steel bunker - A T-45d helmet can be found inside, on Elijah's desk.
- Sink Central Intelligence Unit. May be sold by the
- Dry Wells, near some aid kits and ammo crates in front of the crater. It can also be located in The Courier's Mile. May be found in
- The armor given by Elder McNamara/Hardin after completing either Eyesight to the Blind or Tend to Your Business is the normal T-45d power armor rather than the Brotherhood variant.
- If a user wearing this is shot in the head without a helmet, blood will come out along with the metal "clank" sound made if shot while wearing power armor.
- In the Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collectors Edition, the Behind the Bright Lights & Big City section includes an concept art image of T-45 armor parts used in Caesar's Legion armor.
- While speaking with Ricky, he may mention that he shot a member of the Brotherhood of Steel through the eyeslit of their helmet. The Courier will respond incredulously, remarking that the eyeslits of T-series power armor are bulletproof.
- Neutral T-45d Power Armor fix. [verified] This armor has a Brotherhood of Steel emblem on the left pauldron, despite not being Brotherhood armor. This can be fixed on PC with the following mod:
- When you sit down, the shoulder pads will rotate and clip inside the body. The same glitch also occurs with the T-51b. [verified]
- When running with most two handed weapons, it will clip the middle section of the armor, making it look like it is going through to your stomach. [verified]
- When you swim, the shoulder plates will not move and your arms will go through the plates. [verified]
- The Courier: "Tell me about the heavy troopers."
Hanlon: "They have the best equipment the NCR can get its hands on, power armor salvaged from our war with the Brotherhood. Techs strip out the joint servos so you don't need special training to wear it. It feels like you're carrying a Brahmin on your back, but it can take a heck of a lot of punishment."
- Ricky: "I was walking along, minding my own, and up pops one of them Brotherhoods. He yells "Hand over that laser rifle, asshole!" So I hand it over, just to make him think I'm scared! But really I'm not! I never am! Before he knows what hit him, I draw my 11mm machinegun and BAM! BAM! Right through the eyeslit in his helmet! D.O.A.!"
Courier: "What a load of crap. The eyeslits of T-series power armor are bullet-proof!"
Ricky: "Then I guess this dumb fucker's armor musta been... D-series or something! All I know is, he died up real dead when I killed him, okay?"