|For an overview of power armor models, see power armor.|
For a generalized list of locations where power armor can be found, see Power armor (Fallout 4).
It first appears in the quest When Freedom Calls, where the Sole Survivor must retrieve a fusion core from the basement of the Museum of Freedom in order to power and utilize an old set of T-45 power armor to defend Preston Garvey and the group of settlers from attacking raiders, and later, a deathclaw.
The T-45 series of power armor was built by defense contractor West-Tek and served as the first power armor variant ever utilized by the U.S. military on the battlefield. The power armor was deployed to China in 2074 alongside American infantry and mechanized divisions.[Non-game 1] This wave of power armor utilization was not effective, became bogged down on the mainland, and served as a net drain on the war effort.[Non-game 1]
In 2076, a new prototype was developed and sent to bolster existing efforts.[Non-game 2] Although the power armor lacked built in weapons, these variants provided the benefit of being able to carry ordinance otherwise too heavy for infantrymen.[Non-game 3][Non-game 4] This iteration found success, pushed through enemy forces and broke down supply lines.[Non-game 2] The power armor prototypes were slated to be part of an exhibit at the Museum of Technology in 2078. Harold Frost, one of T-45's original designers, would later go on to design the Excavator power armor for the Garrahan Mining Company.
Its first deployments to Alaska occurred in 2067 to counter Chinese tanks and infantry during the Battle of Anchorage.[Non-game 3] The armor units were effective in this environment as well, contributed to victory in Alaska.[Non-game 5] The same units that served in China and then Alaska were then used for crowd and quarantine control domestically.[Non-game 5] At the beginning of 2077, the power armored soldiers fought Americans at home as food riots increased, which resulted in many civilian deaths and subsequent soldier defections.[Non-game 5]
Following the Great War, many suits are still found throughout the wastelands, providing those who wear it substantial protection from threats. The armor is utilized by the Brotherhood of Steel, including the Lyons' Brotherhood of Steel and the loyalist Outcasts.
In comparison to other power armor, the T-45 is only statistically superior to the raider power armor, but is at the same time vastly superior to the latter as it does not suffer from limited upgrade options. Like the raider power armor, it's common, and a full set can be acquired in the quest When Freedom Calls.
Its appearance is the least bulky in comparison to other power armor sets overall. As with all power armor in the Commonwealth, a power armor frame is required to mount T-45 power armor, and spawned pieces can vary from A to F models.
|Model||Name||DR||HP||Weight||Value||Repair||Upgrade components||Base ID|
|A||T-45 helm||100||60||150||50||12.0||60||Steel x4||N/A||00154ABF|
|T-45 torso||200||130||300||200||20.0||140||Circuitry x1, Steel x7||N/A||00154AC2|
|T-45 left arm||50||30||150||50||15||100||Steel x4||N/A||00154ABD|
|T-45 right arm||50||30||150||50||15||100||Steel x4||N/A||00154ABE|
|T-45 left leg||50||30||150||50||15||100||Steel x4||N/A||00154AC0|
|T-45 right leg||50||30||150||50||15||100||Steel x4||N/A||00154AC1|
|Total||500||310||1050||450||92.0||600||Circuitry x1, Steel x27||N/A||N/A|
|B||T-45b helm||120||80||150||65||12.6||63||Steel x4||Adhesive x2, Aluminum x3, Circuitry x1||00182CE1|
|T-45b torso||220||150||300||225||21||147||Circuitry x1, Steel x7||Adhesive x2, Aluminum x4, Circuitry x1, Nuclear material x1||00182CE6|
|T-45b left arm||70||50||150||65||15.7||105||Steel x4||Adhesive x2, Aluminum x3, Circuitry x1||00182CE2|
|T-45b right arm||70||50||150||65||15.7||105||Steel x4||Adhesive x2, Aluminum x3, Circuitry x1||00182CE2|
|T-45b left leg||70||50||150||65||15.7||105||Steel x4||Adhesive x2, Aluminum x3, Circuitry x1||00182CE3|
|T-45b right leg||70||50||150||65||15.7||105||Steel x4||Adhesive x2, Aluminum x3, Circuitry x1||00182CE3|
|Total||620||430||1050||550||96.4||630||Circuitry x1, Steel x27||Adhesive x12, Aluminum x19, Circuitry x6, Nuclear material x1||N/A|
|C||T-45c helm||140||100||150||80||13.1||66||Steel x4||Adhesive x3, Aluminum x4, Circuitry x2||00182CE7|
|T-45c torso||240||170||300||320||22||154||Circuitry x1, Steel x7||Adhesive x4, Aluminum x5, Circuitry x2, Nuclear material x2||00182CEC|
|T-45c left arm||90||70||150||80||16.5||110||Steel x4||Adhesive x3, Aluminum x4, Circuitry x2||00182CE8|
|T-45c right arm||90||70||150||80||16.5||110||Steel x4||Adhesive x3, Aluminum x4, Circuitry x2||00182CE8|
|T-45c left leg||90||70||150||80||16.5||110||Steel x4||Adhesive x3, Aluminum x4, Circuitry x2||00182CE9|
|T-45c right leg||90||70||150||80||16.5||110||Steel x4||Adhesive x3, Aluminum x4, Circuitry x2||00182CE9|
|Total||740||480||1050||720||101.1||660||Circuitry x1, Steel x27||Adhesive x19, Aluminum x25, Circuitry x12, Nuclear material x2||N/A|
|D||T-45d helm||160||120||150||85||13.8||69||Steel x4||Adhesive x3, Aluminum x6, Circuitry x2||00182CED|
|T-45d torso||260||190||300||380||23||161||Circuitry x1, Steel x7||Adhesive x4, Aluminum x8, Circuitry x2, Nuclear material x2||00182CF2|
|T-45d left arm||110||90||150||95||17.2||115||Steel x4||Adhesive x3, Aluminum x6, Circuitry x2||00182CEE|
|T-45d right arm||110||90||150||95||17.2||115||Steel x4||Adhesive x3, Aluminum x6, Circuitry x2||00182CEE|
|T-45d left leg||110||90||150||95||17.2||115||Steel x4||Adhesive x3, Aluminum x6, Circuitry x2||00182CEF|
|T-45d right leg||110||90||150||95||17.2||115||Steel x4||Adhesive x3, Aluminum x6, Circuitry x2||00182CEF|
|Total||860||670||1050||845||105.6||690||Circuitry x1, Steel x27||Adhesive x19, Aluminum x38, Circuitry x12, Nuclear material x2||N/A|
|E||T-45e helm||180||140||150||110||14.3||72||Steel x4||Adhesive x4, Aluminum x8, Circuitry x3||00182CF3|
|T-45e torso||280||210||300||440||24||168||Circuitry x1, Steel x7||Adhesive x5, Aluminum x10, Circuitry x4, Nuclear material x4||00182CF8|
|T-45e left arm||130||110||150||110||18||120||Steel x4||Adhesive x4, Aluminum x8, Circuitry x3||00182CF4|
|T-45e right arm||130||110||150||110||18||120||Steel x4||Adhesive x4, Aluminum x8, Circuitry x3||00182CF4|
|T-45e left leg||130||110||150||110||18||120||Steel x4||Adhesive x4, Aluminum x8, Circuitry x3||00182CF5|
|T-45e right leg||130||110||150||110||18||120||Steel x4||Adhesive x4, Aluminum x8, Circuitry x3||00182CF5|
|Total||980||790||1050||990||110.3||720||Circuitry x1, Steel x27||Adhesive x25, Aluminum x50, Circuitry x19, Nuclear material x4||N/A|
|F||T-45f helm||200||160||150||125||15||75||Steel x4||Adhesive x5, Aluminum x10, Circuitry x4||00182CF9|
|T-45f torso||300||230||300||500||25||175||Circuitry x1, Steel x7||Adhesive x6, Aluminum x12, Circuitry x5, Nuclear material x5||00182CFE|
|T-45f left arm||150||130||150||125||18.7||125||Steel x4||Adhesive x5, Aluminum x10, Circuitry x4||00182CFA|
|T-45f right arm||150||130||150||125||18.7||125||Steel x4||Adhesive x5, Aluminum x10, Circuitry x4||00182CFA|
|T-45f left leg||150||130||150||125||18.7||125||Steel x4||Adhesive x5, Aluminum x10, Circuitry x4||00182CFB|
|T-45f right leg||150||130||150||125||18.7||125||Steel x4||Adhesive x5, Aluminum x10, circuitry x4||00182CFB|
|Total||1100||910||1050||1125||114.8||750||Circuitry x1, Steel x27||Adhesive x31, Aluminum x62, Circuitry x25, Nuclear material x5||N/A|
- Hot Rod Shark paint: Increases Agility
- Hot Rod Flames paint: Increases Agility
- Hot Rod Hot Pink paint: Increases Agility
- Military paint: Increases Strength
- Minutemen paint: Increases Charisma
- Vault-Tec paint: Increases Charisma
- Winterized coating: Increases Energy Resistance
- Hot Rod Racing Stripes paint: Increases Agility
- Outcast paint: Increases Intelligence
- Slocum's Joe pink paint: Increases Charisma
- Slocum's Joe tan paint: Increases Agility
- Gunner captain paint:
- Gunner corporal paint:
- Gunner sergeant paint:
- Minutemen armored cavalry paint:
- Minutemen patriot paint:
- Minutemen revolutionary paint:
- Onyx paint: Increases stealth in dim light by 10%
- Piezonucleic power armor - unique power armor torso; possible quest reward as T-45 for finishing Cambridge Polymer Labs at level 1-13.
- There is only one full suit of T-45 power which is not based on the Sole Survivor's level. This is located next to a crashed Vertibird on the Museum of Freedom roof during the quest When Freedom Calls. However, the left arm and right leg components are badly damaged. All other full suits which are found in the Commonwealth are leveled.
- An unnamed, respawning Gunner commander replaces Bridget at Hub City Auto Wreckers if she is dead. She/He will be on the overpass and will always have T-45 pieces, even if the player is past level 50. [verified]
- Rowdy sells random pieces of T-45 at the Atom Cats garage.
- The T-45 is the second cheapest to repair, however the low durability of its parts may counterbalance this in the long term, since it will require more frequent repair than other armors.
- The T-45 is the only power armor model to which the Minutemen paint can be applied, granting a bonus to Charisma if all six pieces are painted and worn.
- The T-45 bears some similarities to the superior T-60 power armor.
- The 3D model of T-45 helmet has been reused from Fallout 3, with only minor modifications.
- Fallout 76 loading screens: "Built by defense contractor West-Tek, the T-45 series of Power armor was the first to be successfully deployed on the battlefield. Its introduction changed the nature of modern warfare."
- Fallout 4 loading screens: "The T-45 series was the first version of Power Armor ever employed on the battlefield by the U.S. military. Many suits remain active in the Wasteland today, and provide their wearers with substantial protection."
- Museum of Technology terminals; Research Lead's Terminal, Log Entry 20760307
- Garrahan Mining Headquarters terminal entries; Personal Logs
- Fallout Bible 0: 2074 Contrary to their claims of seeking only to retake Alaska from the Reds, American Power Armor units, infantry, and mechanized divisions are deployed to China, but they become bogged down on the mainland, putting a further drain on American resources and supply lines.
- 2076 June Power Armor prototype completed, resulting in the Power Armor players find in Fallout 1. This is the pinnacle of Power Armor technology before the Great War. Many of these units are sent to China, and they begin to carve a swath through the Chinese forces. The Chinese resources are strained to the breaking point, and the supply lines from the nations China has annexed begin to break down.
- Fallout Bible 0: 2067 The first suit of Power Armor is deployed in Alaska. While lacking the full mobility of future versions, this Power Armor is incredibly effective against Chinese tanks and infantry. Its ability to carry heavy ordinance becomes key in various localized conflicts, and it has the power to destroy entire towns without endangering the wearer. China rushes to create its own versions, but they are many years behind the United States.
- Fallout Bible 0: 2065 August Increasing need for mobility in the United States mechanized cavalry leads the military to focus the efforts on creating a man-based tank - essentially, a two-legged walking armored unit: Power Armor.
2065-2067 Power Armor research grows and several prototypes are developed, many of which prove to be unworkable in the field. These prototypes pave the way for future advances in military, construction, and fusion technology.
2066 Summer Adding further insult to the Chinese-American relations, the first crude fusion cell is unveiled, one of the results of the Power Armor project. Devices designed for the fusion cell begin to be manufactured. Incorporating fusion power into the general US infrastructure begins, but the process is too slow to supply power to the regions that need it. Nearly eleven years later, few sections of the United States were supplied with fusion power.
- Fallout Bible 0: 2077 January 22 The first domestic use of Power Armor within the United States for crowd and quarantine control. Units originally serving in China and the Anchorage Front Line find themselves fighting Americans at home. Food riots increase, and many civilians are killed. Several soldiers defect from the military both in Canada and the United States. They are captured, and are sent to military prisons.