The Sympto-Matic was a product similar to that of the popular Auto-Doc line capable of various medical procedures, diagnoses, and medication administration. Created by Med-Tek as a specialized push-button medical device, the device was utilized in the Appalachian region before the Great War.
The device was able to handle a variety of diseases and injuries and, with the assistance of fusion batteries, could sustain power outages and shortages, yet start-up and operate without issue. The Sympto-Matic was utilized in places like Harpers Ferry and the AVR Medical Center.
While initially feared to be capable of taking jobs from medical professionals, as well as having issues with its programming when treating patients, it soon became an asset to doctors across Appalachia and the rollout of the device was recommended to begin immediately, only cut short by the Great War. A Sympto-Matic known as the Neural Oscillation Scanner was present in the cave below Hornwright Industrial Headquarters, used to create a new intelligence module for the Motherlode if it needed to be replaced.
- Taking blood & urine samples
- Measuring body temperature
- Measuring blood pressure
- Rectal probing
- Full patient diagnostic
- Applying lacerations
- Treating broken bones
- Issue prescriptions
- Administering vaccines
- Curing various diseases
The constructible Sympto-Matic is solely utilized to cure all current diseases, similar to the disease cure aid item. Machines found in the world cannot be interacted with and thus provide no cure, the exception being Sympto-Matics built by other players.
Fiber optics (2)
Learned from plan/recipe
- Craftable at any owned C.A.M.P. or workshop once the plan is learned.
- A unique version is located in the basement of the AVR Medical Center, it can only be interacted with during An Ounce of Prevention.
- One in the mag-sealed room in the basement of the Harpers Ferry Clinic.
- One in the room with Ella's terminal inside Ella Ames' bunker.
- One inside Vault 96, currently only accessible via Daily Ops.
- The audio files associated with the Sympto-Matic, as well as the static variant, refer to it as "AutoDoc," a device that previously appeared in Fallout 2 and Fallout: New Vegas.
- There are two machines sharing the same appearance as the Sympto-Matic, both of them being named "Biometric Scanner."
- Harpers Ferry terminal entries; Med-Tek Sympto-Matic terminal
- Harpers Ferry terminal entries; Med-Tek Sympto-Matic terminal, Technical Notes 083077MTS
- Harpers Ferry terminal entries; Med-Tek Sympto-Matic terminal, Technical Notes 090276MTS
- Harpers Ferry terminal entries; Med-Tek Sympto-Matic terminal, Technical Notes 100576MTS
- Harpers Ferry terminal entries; Med-Tek Sympto-Matic terminal, Technical Notes 031177MTS
- FormID 003FCB45 W05_MQ101P_BiometricScanner
- FormID 003DE7A3 MSilo_Residential_BiometricScanner