| ||For switchblades in other Fallout games, see Switchblade.|
It is a small knife whose blade is held in position with a spring. It has received a significant boost in damage compared to its counterpart in Fallout 3, but it is still one of the weaker melee weapons in the Mojave Wasteland. However, its small size makes it easily smuggled into restricted areas and makes for easy handling.
|- Type of attack||- Skill required|
|- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per action point||- Additional effects|
- Note: Melee weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
It is possible to execute Back Slash outside of V.A.T.S. (without the required Melee skill of 50 to perform the move) by initiating a power attack (hold attack button) while moving forward.
The switchblade can successfully strike about 495 times from full condition before breaking.
- Bison Steve Hotel - inside the southwest hotel room, in front of a bathtub.
- Freeside - Freeside thugs normally carry a switchblade or another melee weapon, such as a knife or a straight razor.
- New Vegas Strip - can be bought from Mister Holdout outside the Gomorrah casino.
- Primm, Vikki and Vance Casino - may be found inside a safe. Must be stolen.
- Primm, inside the northwestern Primm house, in the eye socket of a skeleton.
- King's School of Impersonation, Freeside - can be stolen from a room on the second floor.
- Sometimes used by the Fiends.
- Commonly used by Powder Gangers.
- Yvette in the Monte Carlo Suites carries one.
- Is commonly carried by members of the Scorpions gang.
- Can sometimes be bought from multiple vendors across the Mojave Wasteland.
- Sweetie and Maude both carry one.
- Can sometimes be found in metal boxes.
- Members of the Great Khans often carry one.
- Malefic Maud of Maud's Muggers. Carried by
- This weapon is a holdout weapon, so it can be taken into casinos.
- Even though this knife appears to be a double action "Out The Front" knife, it is a swinguard model. This is due to the fact that the knife has a "lock back" design, which is not used in OTF knives.