The area consists of a small pond with irradiated water, a small open groundskeeper's shack in the northwest with a swan boat just south of it in the water, and a statue to the west. The shack is accessible only through the irradiated water. A steamer trunk and a chem cooler can be found in the shack. Due to the toxic waste barrels present, radiation inside and near the shack can quickly reach fatal levels.
A unique super mutant behemoth named Swan lives in the pond. If the Sole Survivor or their companion wanders too close to the white swan in the middle of the pond, or the swan is attacked, Swan will emerge from the lake.
- Legendary furious power fist - On Swan's body.
- Torn note - On Kath's body, leaning against a tree by the pond east of the groundskeeper's shack.
- Swan's note - In the groundskeeper's shack, on the mattress.
- Four experiment log J-32 notes (days 1, 6, 14, and 21) - In the groundskeeper's shack. Two are on a wooden crate, one is on a concrete block, and one is next to the steamer trunk.
- Groundskeeper's log - On one of the swan boat seats south of the groundskeeper's shack.
- Fugitives' holotape - In the hands of a skeleton near the statue southwest of the groundskeeper's shack.
- Hypothesis: To aid in one of his experiments, Doctor Holdren of the Institute's BioScience division asks the Sole Survivor to obtain a tissue sample from a particularly tough super mutant and return it to him.
- If the player character eludes Swan during combat and returns to a hidden state, Swan will return to the pond and regenerate all of his health.
- After Swan is killed, it appears the pond gathers more dirt and mud.
- A model of the swan boat is found in Mortimer's room in Sandy Coves Convalescent Home.
- Magnolia comments on skinny dipping in the pond in her song Good Neighbor.
- Codsworth will comment fondly on the park surrounding Swan's Pond, reminiscing about its state in the times before the bombs fell. This suggests that at least he and likely the rest of the Sole Survivor's family had visited the park in the past.
- When fighting raiders outside the Combat Zone, they will run away if they are critically wounded and yell, "I'll let the Swan deal with you," or "Stay back! Let Swan deal with him/her."
- Drinking the pond water inflicts 15 rads rather than the normal 3 rads (worse than the open water in the Glowing Sea). However the radiation damage from immersion in the pond water is the standard level, 10 rads/sec.
Swan's Pond appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenes
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and may be inaccurate.|
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information|