A plant that is similar in appearance to a strangler pod. It can be consumed raw to satisfy a small amount of hunger with a medium dose of radiation and chance for disease or can be cooked for additional benefits.
- Swamp plant has a 50% chance to be harvested when picking strangler bloom plants. There are 13 possible spawn locations directly west of Dyer Chemical (see map). Strangler blooms only spawn while the final stage of An Organic Solution is active (see notes below).
- A 2.7% chance to be sold by the food-selling scavenger trader random encounter.
- 0.8% chance to be collected by the Communist Collectron station.
- Harvesting swamp plants is different from every other harvestable plant in the game. The plant to harvest swamp plants from is called 'strangler bloom' and when it is harvested, 50% of the time it will give just a strangler bloom and 50% of the time it will give a strangler bloom and a swamp plant at the same time.
- Strangler blooms only spawn when a character who is at the correct stage of the quest An Organic Solution (Collect a Strangler Bloom or Craft a RadShield) enters the area, and persist from that point until the server restarts. Characters that have crafted a Radshield (completing the quest) will never trigger the Strangler Bloom spawn again. The surest method to find strangler blooms, besides having such a character, is to server jump (exit to menu and play) on Dyer Chemical until one finds a server where they have already been spawned. Please note that the game recognizes that the resource has been gathered once they are picked, so it will take looting 180 different items in order to pick them up again even if they appear in the game.
Despite replenishing hunger, the swamp plant's consumption sound effect is shared with beverage items. Similarly, the pick-up and drop sound effects are shared with bottled items.[verified]