The Survivor's Special has random modifications, with the following being consistent:
|Slot||Mod||Description||Modified name||Science! rank||Base ID|
|Photon exciter||Improved critical shot damage and accuracy.||-||00187AA2|
|Beta wave tuner||Adds burning damage. Improved range.||-||00187AA0|
|Boosted capacitor||Improved damage. Reduced ammo capacity.||-||00187AA4|
|Photon agitator||Superior critical shot damage, accuracy and ammo capacity.||-||00187AA3|
|Gamma wave emitter||Adds better burning damage. Better range and ammo capacity.||1||00187AA1|
|Maximized capacitor||Better damage.||2||00187AA7|
|Boosted photon agitator||Superior critical shot damage and ammo capacity. Better accuracy. Improved damage.||2||00187AA6|
|Boosted gamma wave emitter||Adds better burning damage. Superior ammo capacity. Better range. Improved damage.||2||00187AA5|
|Overcharged capacitor||Superior damage. Improved ammo capacity.||3||00187AA8|
|Long barrel||Better range. Improved damage, sighted accuracy and recoil. Reduced ammo capacity. Poor hip-fire accuracy.||-||00187A8C|
|Automatic barrel||Improved rate of fire, range and sighted accuracy. Worse recoil. Reduced ammo capacity. Poor hip-fire accuracy.||1||00187A90|
|Sniper barrel||Superior damage and range. Worse recoil. Poor ammo capacity and hip-fire accuracy.||1||00187A92|
|Improved short barrel||Improved damage.||1||00187A8F|
|Improved long barrel||Better damage and range. Improved sighted accuracy and recoil. Reduced ammo capacity. Poor hip-fire accuracy.||2||00187A8D|
|Improved automatic barrel||Superior rate of fire. Improved damage, range and sighted accuracy. Worse recoil. Reduced ammo capacity. Poor hip-fire accuracy.||2||00187A91|
|Improved sniper barrel||Exceptional damage. Superior range. Worse recoil. Poor ammo-capacity and hip-fire accuracy.||2||000187A3|
|Comfort grip||Improved recoil and hip-fire accuracy.||-||00187A94|
|Short stock||Exceptional sighted accuracy. Better recoil and aim with scopes. Improved bash.||-||00187A99|
|Sharpshooter's grip||Better recoil and hip-fire accuracy.||1||00187A95|
|Full stock||Exceptional sighted accuracy. Better recoil and aim with scopes. Improved bash.||1||00187A96|
|Markman's stock||Exceptional sighted accuracy. Superior recoil and aim with scopes. Improved bash.||2||00187A97|
|Recoil compensating stock||Exceptional sighted accuracy and recoil. Better aim with scopes. Improved bash.||2||00187A98|
|Improved sights||Improved focus and sighted accuracy.||-||00187AB2|
|Short scope||Improved magnification. Superior sighted accuracy.||-||00187AAD|
|Reflex sight||Better focus and sighted accuracy.||1||00187AB1|
|Medium scope||Better magnification. Superior sighted accuracy.||1||00187AAB|
|Long scope||Superior magnification and sighted accuracy.||2||00187AA9|
|Short night vision scope||Night vision. Improved magnification. Superior sighted accuracy.||2||00187AAE|
|Medium night vision scope||Night vision. Better magnification. Superior sighted accuracy.||2||00187AAC|
|Long night vision scope||Night vision. Superior magnification and sighted accuracy.||2||00187AAA|
|Short recon scope||Tracks targets. Improved magnification. Superior sighted accuracy.||3||002492DC|
|Long recon scope||Tracks targets. Superior magnification and sighted accuracy.||3||00187AB0|
|Beam splitter||Splits beams into multiple projectiles covering a wider area. Poor accuracy and range.||1||00187A9E|
|Beam focuser||Better range, accuracy, and recoil.||1||00187A9C|
|Gyro compensating lens||Superior recoil. Reduced range.||1||00187A9A|
|Amplified beam splitter||Splits beams into multiple projectiles covering a wider area. Reduced accuracy. Poor range.||2||00187A9F|
|Fine-tuned beam focuser||Super range and accuracy. Better recoil.||2||00187A9D|
|Quantum gyro compensating lens||Exceptional recoil. Reduced range.||3||00187A9B|
- Laser gun, the standard variant.
- Old Faithful, a unique laser pistol with the Instigating effect, which does double damage if the target is at full health. It is sold by Arturo Rodriguez in Diamond City.
- Good Intentions, a unique AER9 laser rifle with the Enraging effect which, on critical hits, causes targets to frenzy. It is carried by Clint.
- Prototype UP77 "Limitless Potential", a unique laser gun with the Never Ending effect, which gives the weapon unlimited ammo capacity and remove the need for reloading. It can be found in a hidden room in the University Credit Union.
- Righteous Authority, a unique AER9 laser rifle. With the Lucky effect, its critical hits do double damage and the critical meter fills 15% faster. It is given as a reward for completing Call to Arms.
- Wazer Wifle, a unique laser rifle with the Never Ending effect, which gives the weapon unlimited ammo capacity and remove the need for reloading. It is given as a reward for completing three unmarked quests for Shaun after finishing the main quest with any faction.
- Protectron's Gaze, a unique laser pistol with the Rapid ability, boosting its fire rate by 25% and its reload time by 15%. It is carried by the Mechanist.
It is also possible to steal the weapon from Paladin Brandis before the quest ends. If it is stolen this way, it will be removed from the player character's inventory when leaving Fort Hagen during the Reunions mission. The laser pistol will be removed as soon as the security door leading to the roof of Fort Hagen is opened (via the unsecured terminal on the right).
- This is one of four unique weapons which may not be renamed at a weapons workbench, the others being the Ashmaker, the Silver submachine gun and Grognak's axe.
- As with unique weapons in the game, the set of modifications installed on the Survivor's Special in the time of receipt depends on the character level. So its performance and appearance will be different for different players.
Paladin Brandis may not award this weapon if convinced to rejoin the Brotherhood.[verified]
- A solution to this is to complete The Lost Patrol after the Prydwen arrives in the Commonwealth.