| ||For an overview of stimpak types in all games, see Stimpak.|
The super stimpak is a more advanced version of the regular stimpak found in Fallout: New Vegas. While it heals more severe wounds, it also has unpleasant side effects. The super version comes in a hypodermic needle, but with an additional vial containing more powerful drugs than the basic model and a leather belt to strap the needle to the injured limb.
In addition to healing, the game also adds the debuff "stimpak sickness" which happens after using a super stimpak. The effects are -1 to Strength and -1 to Agility and its duration lasts for 3–4 minutes. It cannot be cured by Fixer but can be fixed with Buffout. It is very problematic, especially in combat, as it may cause the player character to become overencumbered, and therefore slower in a critical situation.
Medicine skill effectEdit
|10||+72 Hit Points|
|20||+84 Hit Points|
|30||+96 Hit Points|
|40||+108 Hit Points|
|50||+120 Hit Points|
|60||+132 Hit Points|
|70||+144 Hit Points|
|80||+156 Hit Points|
|90||+168 Hit Points|
|100||+180 Hit Points|
- Note: Strength is not affected by Medicine skill level.
- Note: Agility is not affected by Medicine skill level.
This item can be crafted by the player character.
Leather belt (1)
Super stimpak (1)
- Can be purchased at the New Vegas medical clinic.
- Doc Mitchell has one in Goodsprings.
- Sloan - Five can be obtained from Chomps Lewis if the player character informs him that they will deal with the nearby deathclaws.
- Black Mountain - In the storage building, under a metal pot on the first shelf on the right, the pot will appear when touching the shelf.
- Camp McCarran - Three can be found in the supply tent located in the southeast corner of the courtyard.
- Can be bought from traveling merchants.
- Can be bought from Julie Farkas in the Old Mormon Fort.
- Two on a shelf on the main platform of Violet's trailer fort, due west of Vault 3.
- Most doctors in the wasteland have one or two for sale.
- Mercenary Pack. Three super stimpaks can be obtained in the
- Sierra Madre vending machine - Can be purchased in the Sierra Madre itself or at the Abandoned Brotherhood of Steel bunker, after finding the super stimpak vending machine code.
- X-13 research facility - In the nightstalker test area of the facility. Shooting the forcefield in the ceiling of the small room with the strange still with an upgraded sonic emitter will drop a super stimpak into the room.
|The following is based on the Wild Wasteland trait and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- With the Wild Wasteland trait, after speaking with Rex to ask if Jimmy fell down a well, the Jimmy's well map marker will be added to the map, where a super stimpak can be found.
|End of information based on the Wild Wasteland trait.|
- An unused inventory icon and model exists for the super stimpak in the Fallout 3 files.
- The ingredients for making a super stimpak are similar to the components Myron needs to make them in Fallout 2, as he requires fruit, a Nuka-Cola and a regular stimpak.
- The wait feature can't be used to remove stimpak sickness.