|For an overview of super sledge models, see super sledge.|
Cosmetically and functionally, this variant of the super sledge is unique compared to most other super sledges found in previous games, in that it uses a miniature rocket propulsion system to deliver powerful blows similar to the turbo super sledge found in the Midwest, rather than the "kinetic energy storing device" that powers the other super sledges found in the New California, Capital and Mojave wastelands. It has a slender handle design, similar to the Brotherhood model.
The super sledge's main advantages are its large damage output and long reach, capable of killing most common enemies, such as feral ghouls and raiders in one or two swings. Its major disadvantages are its heavy weight and slow swing speed, the latter of which can cause the player character to get stuck if faced with a faster-hitting melee opponent constantly blocking their swings (this can be solved using V.A.T.S.). This weapon also consumes vast amounts of AP; even at 10 Agility, this weapon can only deliver three blows in V.A.T.S.
|Slot||Mod||Description||Weapon prefix||Perk needed||Components||Form ID|
|Heating coil||Adds energy damage.||Heated||+23||–||+180||Blacksmith 2||Adhesive x4
|Stun pack||Adds Electrical damage, and chance to stun.||Stunning||+27||–||+360||Blacksmith 3
- Atom's Judgement - unique variant that deals additional radiation damage, obtainable as a quest reward for The Heretic on the Island.
- Can be purchased from the following vendors:
- On the body of Hammer in West Everett Estates.
- On the body of Lefty.
- On the bodies of Forged in Saugus Ironworks.
- Occasionally wielded by super mutants.
- The super sledge is a weapon of choice for melee characters when facing large amounts of melee enemies, as it is able to kill almost all weak enemies in front of the Sole Survivor with one or two swings provided the player character has invested at least 4 points in the Big Leagues perk.
- Super mutants with the stun pack mod are capable of stunning the Sole Survivor.
- Its slow speed makes the weapon a second choice when dealing with heavily armored enemies or those with a large health pool, such as super mutants and other characters wearing power armor.
- The 4th level of the Big Leagues perk completely negates the slow swing time of the super sledge, and allows it to capitalize on its wide swing arc.
- Swinging the super sledge in third person while wearing power armor drastically decreases the amount of time between each swing.
- The additional energy damage added by the heating coil and stun pack modifications is not affected by Strength, but is still affected by damage-boosting perks such as Big Leagues and Bloody Mess.