This farm, located southwest of Concord, was once a commune with several cabins and silos. A Mister Handy named Professor Goodfeels was "liberated" from Hester's Consumer Robotics and then reprogrammed here by beatniks Jack and Johnny. It is currently occupied by feral ghouls.
The area has several small cabins with porches built in a circle around one central building. To either side of the small building are rows of wild tato plants. Around the central building circles Professor Goodfeels, a Mister Handy robot that can be controlled from a terminal inside the building.
On the east side are a mess hall and bathroom stall. Inside the mess hall are two feral ghouls, a suitcase, a can of iguana bits, an oven mitt, a fire extinguisher, and several picnic benches. On its north side is a small enclosure that contains a mattress. Just outside the mess hall is a cooking station. Inside the central building is a workshop and a chemistry station.
Nearby to the southwest is a watchtower. It has a chem box to loot, a mattress to rest on, and two raiders who will spawn just below the rocks to the south as soon as the player character interacts with the wooden box at the top of the structure. Raiders will respawn after a few in-game days.
- Wasteland Survival Guide issue #9, in the western house, with two hostile feral ghouls and a dead settler.
- Clearing the Way: A settler tells the Sole Survivor that they are concerned about dangerous enemies in a nearby area and asks them for help in clearing it out.
- Taking Point: Minutemen scouts have found a promising site for a new settlement, but it's overrun with hostiles. Preston Garvey asks the Sole Survivor to clear it out so a beacon can be set up to attract new settlers in need of a home.
- Mercer Safehouse: Sunshine Tidings co-op is one of the locations P.A.M. can specify for establishing a new Railroad safehouse.
- Sunshine Tidings is surrounded by dangerous creatures and enemies. Super mutants spawn to the north, deathclaws and radscorpions spawn down the hill, a behemoth spawns nearby and there is a Gunner base on a nearby overpass.
- Continuing towards the west across the overpass will lead to a skeleton with several bundles of pre-War money and an Expert locked safe.
- Despite the Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide claiming that Professor Goodfeels may be used as a guard, he will not count toward the settlement population.[Non-canon 1]
The Sunshine Tidings co-op appears only in Fallout 4.
After killing the ghouls, their bodies may still be present even after fast traveling. If you move their bodies to a different location, they respawn in their original locations with randomized ghoul loot.[verified]
- This can be avoided by dragging the ghoul corpses to a corner of the settlement before opening the workshop for the first time.
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p. 265: "[1.18] SUNSHINE TIDINGS CO-OP
A beatnik farming co-op of cabins and a trading warehouse. Local scuttlebutt suggests the place is haunted by its former residents. Meet Professor Goodfeels, who still rattles about the place. He'll be a good guard if you hack his protocols at the Sunshine Tidings terminal (Novice). There's a locked medical cabin here (Novice) too. Did you find the trunk in the western cabin yet?"
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)