“I'm heading back now. I hope I didn't miss any good songs on the jukebox. Cheyenne would never forgive me.”
Background[edit | edit source]
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Back in the Saddle: Sunny Smiles gives the Courier a varmint rifle and teaches them how to survive better in the Mojave Wasteland through a series of tasks.
- By a Campfire on the Trail: Sunny explains how to make items at campfires.
- Ghost Town Gunfight: She can help defeat the Powder Gangers and defend Goodsprings.
- Run Goodsprings Run: Should the Courier choose to side with the Powder Gangers, Sunny will need to be killed.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- It is possible for Cheyenne to die during the tutorial quest, in which case Sunny's dialogue will change slightly to show her remorse. This does not have any real impact on the completion of the quest. It is also possible for her to die when fighting the geckos during the quest Back in the Saddle.
- If asked about any work to be done, she will mention to check out the safe in the schoolhouse, giving the Courier bobby pins and a copy of Locksmith's Reader in order to open it.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Sunny is slightly shorter than the average non-player character, being 95% of the standard height.
- Trying to pickpocket Sunny during the tutorial will result in lowered Reputation in Goodsprings.
- If killed, her body will never disappear.
- Sunny Smiles shares both a similar name and job with Smiley, a fellow gecko hunter in Fallout 2.
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "I'm heading back now. Hope I didn't miss any good songs on the jukebox. Cheyenne would never forgive me."
- "Cheyenne, stay. Don't worry, she won't bite, unless I tell her to."
- "Well, that's a start. But I don't reckon you came to me to learn to fight sarsaparilla bottles."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sunny Smiles appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC Playstation 3 There is a game glitch that might cause Sunny Smiles to walk up to you and start a conversation. She gets stuck in an infinite loop and some seconds after the end of each conversation, she will try to talk to you again. [verified]
- PC Sunny won't mind if you shoot her/Cheyenne when you're supposed to shoot Sarsaparilla bottles. [verified]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.